so...

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

The website is up again.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Matt_Helm wrote:I prefer not to discuss my finances on the internet, but I was probably paid the least as all I produced was weapon and equipment lists with descriptions and some supporting background text on the economy of the FO world and the like.
Matt, while I can't fault you for being proud of your work, given that it is true that we haven't seen it yet, neither can we fault you for the misdeeds of GCG and other employees. Such as the current "editor" that doesn't feel like giving an explanation for not even bothering to look through all of the source material, yet claims to have done the most research.
As to the amount of research for this project, I can't comment on how much GC did, but from the emails going back and forth behind the scenes it seemed that everyone was doing research.
Judging from what I'm now being told, they're in the "OH, SHIT!" phase because Herve wants it as a stocking stuffer. Or to make an anniversary release on F:POS' release date.
I know that I spent a lot of time on every FO site I could find, including some obscure ones some of you might never have seen. Gamebanshee and the Vault were probably the most useful for info on all three games. A good chunk of my time on the Vault was also spent researching the background for my Lompoc Fallout pnp campaign (if you look at the FO1 map the headland with Lompoc, Vandenberg AFB, and the Santa Ynez Valley appear to have been spared some or much of the devastation of the War).
Yet, and I know this from your presence around the sites, you have played both of the CRPGs and know a fair bit of canonical context.

Eronarn has proudly stated that they've played Fallout 2 ONCE, and might look into playing the games as if it were a special request, on top of being *so* generous by giving us the "opportunity" for input on this project.

In other words, so late in the project, that reads "help save my ass, I've been given work I don't have the knowledge or skills to do".
Yeah, and give me the "opportunity" to do your job for you. We've given GCG plenty of "opportunities" to get their shit straight. Now you're acting as if you're paying us an honor? Fuck you.
One thing that I noticed that was unstated and ignored was anti-gravity tech. I haven't played the games in many years, but I seem to recall floating robots in one of them.
The floating security bots, true.
There is also the Mr. Handy commercial at the start of FO1 that shows a floating robot. Of course, this could be maglev and not anti-grav. If there is a timeline entry that discusses this I'd like to know about it.
Well, too bad the current editors didn't care to play the games to put things into context, and have to go by a Wiki system. The Vault seems fairly complete, but there's always that part of human error and the numerous contradictions present by MCA's laughable mangling of the setting and then further questionable material (I've always had a "read it and cringe, folks!" attitude about the Van Buren docs, which is why Emil's so fucking hilarious right now, "If not Van Buren, it not Fallout 3." - he's the Bethesda Borat!). I can safely say that there's not enough of a clue present in the current editor for them to be able to discern what is canon and what isn't.

Yes, not every Fallout site is the same, but Fallout's design was printed more than a million times the same way. It stands to use the one present as a majority sample - everything else is in relative context.

Well, the current editor has played Fallout 2, once.

I'm sorry your work was apparently wasted, Matt.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Damn the boycott, invade, they only have one moderator, they cannot repulse us!
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

nobody posts in their forum anyway, so fuckit.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Lets just invade as practice.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Rosh wrote:
Well, too bad the current editors didn't care to play the games to put things into context, and have to go by a Wiki system. The Vault seems fairly complete, but there's always that part of human error and the numerous contradictions present by MCA's laughable mangling of the setting and then further questionable material (I've always had a "read it and cringe, folks!" attitude about the Van Buren docs, which is why Emil's so fucking hilarious right now, "If not Van Buren, it not Fallout 3." - he's the Bethesda Borat!). I can safely say that there's not enough of a clue present in the current editor for them to be able to discern what is canon and what isn't.
Well, everything at The Vault that isn't from FO1 or FO2 is clearly marked as such.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Ausir wrote: Well, everything at The Vault that isn't from FO1 or FO2 is clearly marked as such.
True, and I can see how lengths have been taken to mark this division - but on the same note, are you sure they can understand and place said divisions? You can mark "WET PAINT!" on a freshly-coated wall, and yet some moron will still miss the obvious.

Without the barest familiarity with the games, it would be near impossible to correctly place the elements, or even explain them to someone who doesn't want to do their responsibilities.
Obsidian:

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

minigunwielder wrote:Lets just invade as practice.
Traitor.

:no:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
spoQn
SDF!
SDF!

Post by spoQn »

Hi guys,

It’s good to finally see where you all hang out and spend your time. Whilst kingpin Rosh has himself never graced the GCG forums with his presence, its also nice to finally "meet him", through reading his various posts, here at DAC. He seems like a stand up fellow, if not a little bit... obsessed is the wrong word... lets just call it somewhat over excitable.

It is however refreshing in some ways to see a persons obvious passion for a subject matter come to the fore on such regularity. And the fact that he tends to be so critical of most things concerning said subject matter, I think only highlights the disappointment he has experienced over the years, waiting for a next official installment of OUR beloved game, regardless of the medium it's presented in.

Once I got past the constant use of the F word, and various references to human anatomy, I found his comments mostly constructive, if a little candid.

Before I go I’d just like to briefly touch on what I’ve read concerning GCG’s and myself.

For the record, as cliché as it sounds, I did just stumble across there site, and I am in no way affiliated with GCG's at all. I'm just a fan of fallout, much like yourselves, who saw a good thing and wanted pitch in.

People can say what they will, and form opinions as they wish, I’m just throwing it out there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

spoQn.

"To err is human"
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

spoQn for mod!
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

this made me roffle a bit.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

spoQn wrote:Hi guys,

It’s good to finally see where you all hang out and spend your time.
So nice of you to get off of your lazy ass and try to clue yourself in...

It's only taken you...what, a month, to find the old "official Fallout d20 forums"?

And then you can't even moderate worth shit? So why were you picked? Because you were the only sad sack applying for the position?
Whilst kingpin Rosh has himself never graced the GCG forums with his presence, its also nice to finally "meet him", through reading his various posts, here at DAC. He seems like a stand up fellow, if not a little bit... obsessed is the wrong word... lets just call it somewhat over excitable.
What forum? GCG's forum is essentially dead, as per any communication between John and anyone with a clue. Over-excitable? At shit salesmen? You might want to explain that one a bit better.
It is however refreshing in some ways to see a persons obvious passion for a subject matter come to the fore on such regularity. And the fact that he tends to be so critical of most things concerning said subject matter, I think only highlights the disappointment he has experienced over the years, waiting for a next official installment of OUR beloved game, regardless of the medium it's presented in.
Don't presume to put words into my mouth, cockroach. Of course you'd understand why Fallout had "Remember Wasteland?" printed on the flap of the box, if you only had a clue and were at all serious. This has little to do with wanting Fallout 3, and more about quality.

So would I care to see another "Fountain of Dreams"? Of course not. So I'd rather see a "Fallout" to Fallout that didn't bastardize the name, than a Fallout in name only. Considering your current editor is trying to scour the Vault while only having played Fallout 2 once, and says that they can guarantee that they've done the most research of anyone on this project, I think it's safe to say that either GCG gets a clue, or be known for a F:POS release.

Being appreciative of the comparison between Chuck and themselves is just stupidity of the highest caliber.
Once I got past the constant use of the F word, and various references to human anatomy, I found his comments mostly constructive, if a little candid.
I don't drop the F bomb as you'd like to believe, shitbag.
Before I go I’d just like to briefly touch on what I’ve read concerning GCG’s and myself.
In other words, answer nothing, post a load of bullshit, and this is supposed to make everything all better.
For the record, as cliché as it sounds, I did just stumble across there site, and I am in no way affiliated with GCG's at all. I'm just a fan of fallout, much like yourselves, who saw a good thing and wanted pitch in.
Riiiight. As the second registrant on the forum, talking as if you're a moderator before John figures out how to make moderators on the forum, and before there were any threads, and you just wanted to get involved.

And if you saw "a good thing", then explain why the current editor saw a shitty thing and decided to pitch in as well? Or how you somehow managed to come up with "a good thing" when GCG had to run from these forums because they couldn't throw out enough excuses after wiping this forum, nor could excuse any of the sample material.

Try another lie, shitbag. Speaking of which, did John hire you as a "Sales Consultant", or is your pathetic spin-doctoring an example of how unprofessional you are at your job as well? Since you're supposedly a "Sales Consultant" for money, and you come along and do a miserable failure on something that should have been a hobby, it doesn't speak much about your professional capacity.
People can say what they will, and form opinions as they wish, I’m just throwing it out there.
And I'm throwing the bag of shit right back in your face.
Obsidian:

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

spoQn wrote:It’s good to finally see where you all hang out and spend your time.
:hahano:
waiting for a next official installment of OUR beloved game, regardless of the medium it's presented in.
Fallout d20, despite its title and 'official' status doesn't guarantee a spot in the Fallout universe as regarded by its fans. OUR game? I doubt it. The only medium Fallout d20 will be presented in is digital excrement.

So why did you register here? Did you already kill all discussion at the GCG forums?
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

I'd say that's a resounding "yes".

EDIT: Dipshit has axed the thread even further into an unrecognizable mess without context.

spoQn for moderator! :dance:
Obsidian:

minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Jesus Christ wrote:
minigunwielder wrote:Lets just invade as practice.
Traitor.

:no:
Fine then, but we need to spill Some of the proverbial blood, why don't we just submit Gluttoncrappers site to SA's Awful Site of The Week?
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Now think of a description that will work.
Our Host!