First Real Fallout 3 News!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Fallout has a very strong Wild West theme to it anyway, I imagine that might be difficult to pull off in Europe, no matter the state of civilization?
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

maybe in italy? :spaghetti:
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Fallout could take place in Italy and then it could be one giant New Reno B) :mafia:

Godfather Part Four: A Post Nuclear Adventure
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

Mosey wrote:2Emil Pagliarulo

F1 and F2 on the gameplay are comparable to a chess... It also clings, it enables to think over the courses, instead of thoughtlessly to click with the button of the mouse grasping in a sight of the opponent! It enables tactical maneuver! And it, in my opinion, very important.

In my opinion, it would be very good, if Bethesda Softworks has listened to requests of fans and would realize in F3 step-by-step fight even in the form of an option as it has been realized in Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel - fight in real time with an active pause!

Very much it would be desirable to hope, that F3 will please us with nonlinearity of a plot, complex dialogues, excellent system of skills and reputations. Because, nonlinearity in Oblivion - an opportunity to choose the order of performance of linear quests. In it there is no opportunity of acceptance moral and, that is the extremely important, political decisions. A plot in Oblivion - a straight line, as a rail... Without insults, this not only my opinion.
Your dedication is admirable, patriot :salute: a position will be secured for you in the new world order
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Some posts have been moved to the wasteland.

Please keep things civil, avoid one-word/emote posts and use your heads.

You are welcome to PM me if you think your post is unjustly moved.
Testicular Pugilist
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

you're overding things there, pal; this ain't no sunday school! >:(
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Picked this up at the codex. Lés comménts?
Bethsoft_Emil wrote:Question 2: For the purposes of Fallout 3, Todd and I have worked really closely on design. To be honest, Todd and I work really well together creatively; we share most of the same philosophies, and want the player to have the same kinds of experiences. So the overall design (setting, combat, story, quests, etc.) is mine, with a healthy dose of input from Todd (most of which I agree with anyway). Ultimately, Todd could have vetoed my entire design -- but very little of my original idea has changed. And the other designers work with the stuff Todd and I have established, and run with it -- often putting their own touches on things, as is expected.
So Emil is in fact a proxy?
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

St. Toxic wrote: So Emil is in fact a proxy?
Maybe Emil and Todd are the same person. :fish:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

DaC-Sniper wrote:
St. Toxic wrote: So Emil is in fact a proxy?
Maybe Emil and Todd are the same person. :fish:
And maybe Emil and Todd are a robot set on taking over the world. D:

But really…

Rule number one of career advancement: Never badmouth your employer.

Rule number two of career advancement: Always make your boss look good.

If Emil had said something like “Todd knows nothing and I do everything myself and he’s a douche.� Than Emil wouldn’t be the lead designer of F3, he probably wouldn’t even be able to get assistant-designer of GCG’s fallout D20.

I am still skeptical of Fallout’s future, but I am willing to give Emil the benefit of the doubt. I for one am relieved now that we are getting to know the designer.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Fact:The Oblivion source code was made by maimed Chinese children possesed by the foul daemons of the Warp.

Opinion:Emil is a Toddling.

DIFFERENTIATE THE TWO!
The Ethereal has spoken
:Tau:
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

:brownnose:
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Emil:

outside - an Toddling(love the word.)
inside - a real Fallout - Fan <3

Pssst... Our Special Agent E. is in the Bethsoftsystem.

We put all our Fallout trust in you, Special Agent E. :salute:

Secret Information: click here, E.

oh wait this is better This may help you.
Last edited by DaC-Sniper on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethsoft_Emil
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Bethsoft_Emil »

"Toddling" -- hahahahahaha
I am still skeptical of Fallout’s future, but I am willing to give Emil the benefit of the doubt. I for one am relieved now that we are getting to know the designer.
Thanks, J.C. I appreciate that.
PsyckoSama
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by PsyckoSama »

Emil, I'd just like to say thanks. You've put me at ease quite a bit. For a while I was afraid that your were going to, simply put, fuck it up, but now I see that you do care about the comunity and do want to keep the game Fallout-y.

You have no idea how glad I am that we're not dealing with another "What the fuck, Chuck"

Also, I'd just like to take this moment to vent one bit of info. The reason Fallout fans are so hostile is we're one of the most fucked over fan bases in videogames. Fallout 1 was great, Fallout 2 was really good, Fallout Tactics was a disapointment but we stuck with it because we were told it was going to help Fallout 3 along. We are lied to and it pissed us off. Then we waited another two and a half years before being presented with Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, an abortion of a game if I have ever seen one. Now that we were pissed off over but we kept the psychotic rage over Chuck's rape of the setting to a reletively low roar because low and behold, Fallout 3 was over the horizon. Then that froggy fuck Herve cancled it and released chucks shitty, immature console shooter in is place.

All we've wanted since 1998 is a nice new post-nuclear deep RPG that we can stick in our computers and say "Yep. Thats Fallout alright!"

Thanks, and sorry if we all seem bitter, but we've been burned too many times in the past 8 years..
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Jesus Christ wrote:Rule number one of career advancement: Never badmouth your employer.

Rule number two of career advancement: Always make your boss look good.
That's one way to do it, sure. ( Never thought of you as an asskisser JC, you were always on about classless societies and :che:'d the royalty down a peg in your lifetime ) Another way to do it is make a game that sells like hot shit by targetting the Ob-boys, and with that under your belt you can call yourself Dr. Feelgood.

However, if I'm doing a job, I don't plan on being reliant on people working over or under me. Any input they have, I'll consider it, but it's my piece of cake and I decide how I'm going to eat it.

Now, from that statement it seems that Todd is co-designing FO3 with Emil. Todd has the power to say "No, that stays out." to anything he doesn't like, which doesn't really matter since Todd & Emil think exactly alike and agree on everything. Sounds like a proxy to me. I don't know what that part has to do with asskissing or career advancement, unless he's spinning some sort of ball of deceit just to make Todd happy -- as in, making an outright lie about all of that.
Jesus Christ wrote:If Emil had said something like “Todd knows nothing and I do everything myself and he’s a douche.�
Sure, that'd be backfiring. But there's a difference between:
"Todd has alot of experience and any advice he gives me is seriously considered upon"
and
"TODD AND ME DO EVERYTHING TOGETHER. TODD AND ME MAKE GAME. TODD AND ME BEST FRIENDS. OFCOURSE TODD CAN TELL ME WHAT'S GOOD AND WHAT'S BAD, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE TODD AND ME ARE IDENTICAL TWINS IN TASTE AND OPINION"
y'dig?
minigunwielder wrote:Fact:The Oblivion source code was made by maimed Chinese children possesed by the foul daemons of the Warp.

Opinion:Emil is a Toddling.

DIFFERENTIATE THE TWO!
I would if I wasn't talking about a direct quote from Emil. If you have a statement, it's no longer a question of opinion ( what planet are you from? ) but a question of wether he's talking trash or the real deal. I think the first fact you presented is more or less a bigger contender for a baseless opinion than the second opinion ( seeing as tastes may vary ).
DaC-Sniper wrote:outside - an Toddling(love the word.)
inside - a real Fallout - Fan <3
Well, let's see which one leaves the biggest input on the game development process. Your innermost desires or who you are in the real world? Take your pick.
Bethsoft_Emil wrote:"Toddling" -- hahahahahaha
It's funny because it's true. :M
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

It's hard to admit it, but things do seem to look a tad brighter for FO3.
Im not convinced yet.
Not quite.
Though I never will be until someone says turnbased combat, SPECIAL, multiple solution quests,and dialogue trees.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

don't forget childkilling
Bethsoft_Emil
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Bethsoft_Emil »

Hey, as I said before, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. What's the Internet for if not griping?

That post I made about working with Todd? Meant every word of it. Of course I like him, and of course I respect his creative direction. *gasp!* I wouldn't be working at Bethesda if I didn't.

I've mentioned before that the F3 team realizes that Fallout is different from Oblivion; but don't think for a second that means I don't love Oblivion, or am not incredibly proud of what we achieved. For me, Oblivion was a joy to work on, and is still a joy to play. Are there things I wish we had done differently? Of course. Live and learn, and move on. New game, new design, new challenges and expectations.

At this point, I talk about Fallout 3 excitedly because, well, I'm excited about it. And when you do that, and can't give out any real info, it can sound like a PR spin-job. So I'll do my best to keep that stuff toned down. It's just that I've always liked to be accessible, even when I'm not at liberty to disclose any info; those of you who might know me from Blood and Shadows or TTLG understand how it goes.

In the end, you guys are going to judge Fallout 3 based on its own merits anyway, and that's the way it should be. Doesn't mean we can't communicate and pass the time together while we wait.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

St. Toxic wrote:Now, from that statement it seems that Todd is co-designing FO3 with Emil. Todd has the power to say "No, that stays out." to anything he doesn't like, which doesn't really matter since Todd & Emil think exactly alike and agree on everything. Sounds like a proxy to me.
You're taking press statements(and Codex morons) too literally, Toxic. How many interviews/hype articles aren't praising how everything is fine and dandy in the development team? Or are you just building yourself a position to say "I told you so!" when the first screenshot is released? I'm sure if disputes arise, Emil just fires away some lightning bolts from his gigantic war hammer at Todd, amirite?

Besides, most of the pressure comes from existing games and market analysts of which BethSoft should be pretty well covered from(them being independent and all). So if anything goes wrong, I'll personally blame Emile here for everything. :eyebrow:
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote:That post I made about working with Todd? Meant every word of it. Of course I like him, and of course I respect his creative direction. *gasp!*
That's way better than the previous statement. "I like him and I respect his creative direction." is just the way to adress a question like that, to avoid going too far left or right.
Our Host!