Weapons for FO, wadda ya want?

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

St. Toxic wrote:EDIT: guns.ru? I'm sorry, but you're going way beyond stupid with this one.
What the fuck is wrong with guns.ru now?
Serious Business.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

It's a pretty good gun collection there with heaps of info and pictures. Plus it's a commie site, what makes it even cooler.

:asshat st. toxic:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Dreadnought wrote::asshat st. toxic:
>:( He's a real Saint! And a true patriot!
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

So I was watching the History Channel yesterday and they were talking about how Marines in the Pacific during WWII would add a Garand stock (and other things) to an aircraft .50 cal and use it as a handheld machine gun. I want things like that.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
PsyckoSama
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by PsyckoSama »

Wolfman Walt wrote:All of whose weapons? Most of the US's military weapons are domestically made I believe.
Maybe 30 years ago...

Now we use Itallian side arms (M9), Belgian mashine guns (M249), and the XM8 which is looking to be our next generation assault rifle... its GERMAN!

And as for ruskie weapons, I have no problem with 'em.

If its good enough for Wasteland, its good enough for me!
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

The germans are gonna build in chips in your guns, so they can take over the USA and you can't even defend coz your heats are malufunctioning or not working at all.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

PsyckoSama wrote:Now we use Itallian side arms (M9), Belgian mashine guns (M249), and the XM8 which is looking to be our next generation assault rifle... its GERMAN!
The XM-8 was cancelled formally last year.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

USA = Rome.

Get popcorn and watch it consume itself. Great show, trust me.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Koki wrote:What the fuck is wrong with guns.ru now?
A) It's not exactly the best place to draw weapon inspiration for the Fo games. 1940-50 cross over with the 2100's, and with guns as the product, you'd more likely to find in a bad movie, an SA photoshop friday or the Afrika Korps archives.

2) Goddamn commies.
Dreadnougth wrote:It's a pretty good gun collection there with heaps of info and pictures. Plus it's a commie site, what makes it even cooler.

:asshat st. toxic:
Yeah, you just keep pushing my buttons flower.
PsyckoSama wrote:Maybe 30 years ago...
Well, we're aiming for almost 60 years ago.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

In short:

Pipe rifles, sawed-off shotguns, brass knuckles, rusty knives and the like. This time with more variation and modability(upgrades; self-made or bought). Ammo should be scarce. Most of the experimental hi-tech stuff should be limited to later parts of the game.

An arsenal of modern assault rifles would break the believability(and balance) of the gameworld. Same goes for ninja weapons.
infirmaryblues
SDF!
SDF!

Post by infirmaryblues »

Going along with the notion of scarce ammo, how about bayonetted weapons? I can't think of a game that has these used well; FO3 would be alright in including them. They wouldn't be of the traditional type i.e. Garands, 03 Springfields, or SKS'. How about home-made bayonets? Rusty knifes wrapped with twine to a pipe gun? Or even better, shivs taped to a gun?

This may be a risky notion, but the JA2 system of weapon customization; using duct tape and steel tubing to extend your barrel, a rod and a spring to reduce recoil on an automatic, etc. In regard to fair implementation to the sneak skill- homemade silencers. Using a pop can/coffee can with cloth on the inside to muffle the report.
a;lejkfna;rv
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Would be pretty fucking grand, sure.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

True.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

ehh on scarcity of ammo it all depends on when they set the game before fo 1 / after/ in between. I don't think lack of ammo should really be a problem in any of those situations unless you're using some prototype electrical weapon/exotic sort of ammo and even in that case a player should expect there to be a cache in some logical spot (super radiated mil base, glow-esque.)
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

infirmaryblues wrote:Going along with the notion of scarce ammo, how about bayonetted weapons? I can't think of a game that has these used well; FO3 would be alright in including them. They wouldn't be of the traditional type i.e. Garands, 03 Springfields, or SKS'. How about home-made bayonets? Rusty knifes wrapped with twine to a pipe gun? Or even better, shivs taped to a gun?

This may be a risky notion, but the JA2 system of weapon customization; using duct tape and steel tubing to extend your barrel, a rod and a spring to reduce recoil on an automatic, etc. In regard to fair implementation to the sneak skill- homemade silencers. Using a pop can/coffee can with cloth on the inside to muffle the report.
Pure. Awesome.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I'd be very surprised if some sort of item crafting wasn't included in FO3.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Duct tape should be a form of currency.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

St. Toxic wrote: A) It's not exactly the best place to draw weapon inspiration for the Fo games.
Probably, yeah.
2) Goddamn commies.
Russians are not commies. And russian internet is the last free place, if dangerous with malware lurking behind the trees.
Serious Business.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Redeye wrote:Starship Troopers was written in the 1950's.
Ok, I want a single-fire nuclear RPG and jumpjets on my powered armour please.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

MadBill wrote:
Redeye wrote:Starship Troopers was written in the 1950's.
Ok, I want a single-fire nuclear RPG and jumpjets on my powered armour please.

Davy Crockett - Nuclear Bazooka

The Davy Crockett nuclear bazooka is a one-of-a-kind device that was deployed by the United States in West Germany from 1961-1971, during the Cold War. The smallest missile-launched nuclear weapon ever built, the Davy Crockett carried a variable 10-250 tonne W-54 fission warhead. The Davy Crockett could be launched from either an M28 (102mm) or an M29 (155mm) recoilless rifle, with the only difference being the effective range, between only 1.24 miles for the smaller M28 and 2.5 miles for the larger M29.
Operated by a 3-man team, the Davy Crockett was mounted on a small triangular launcher that could be mounted on a Jeep or tank, or on the ground. This enabled small teams of the Atomic Battle Group (charged with operating the device) located every few kilometers to effectively guard against any Soviet attack, as the Davy Crockett could kill every man in an advancing army and irradiate the area so that it was uninhabitable for up to 48 hours - long enough to mobilize American troops.

The warhead was tested on July 7, 1962 in the LITTLE FELLER II weapons effects test shot and again in an actual firing of the Davy Crockett from distance of 1.7 miles in the "SMALL BOY" test shot (LITTLE FELLER I) on July 17. This was the last atmospheric test detonation at the Nevada Test Site.

The Davy Crockett rocket made an appearance with both a nuclear and conventional payload in the 1962 movie King Kong vs Godzilla, even though the rocket system was still classified at the time.

I was gonna mix images together to make jetpack/nukebazooka/Power armor, but I couldn't find armor at the right angle.

Too bad.
Our Host!