Boycot?

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.

Invade or Boycot?

Invade!
13%
Boycot!
42%
I think spoQn is a great mod and should be hired to work for DaC!
46%

Total votes: 24

Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Boycot?

Post by Jesus Christ »

Seeing as how Scorpion and atoga do not understand the concept of boycoting a forum, perhaps this requires a vote...
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

i'm sorry jesus, i was only there to stir up shit and point out stupid things. i wasn't trying to be constructive, and i promise i won't go there again.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Man I never knew Jesus was such a rebel, you are starting shit all over the place! Che Jesus.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Fuckin EH!

That got me so fucking pissed that I made my six-hundred-and-sixty-sixth post just to say how utterly fucking pissed I am.
atoga wrote:Anyway, I'm going to stop posting now, because I'm supposed to be boycotting this forum. :oops:
:clap:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Grognor
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grognor »

Well, I'm the clueless n00b also known as McArrowni who posted there last night. I am now joining with the boycott.

Sorry for posting relatively constructive stuff there... from their answers (read: generaly vague evasions) and thread deletion in general, they didn't deserve it. Anyways, I won't do it again.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Welcome home soldier

:salute:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Grognor
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grognor »

Well, looks like they have offered me an answer after all. I'm still boycotting them, well, because I never should have broken the boycott in the first place. Let them come here for feedback I guess.

Mostly, the guy who's "really, really not a member of the team and fell on the site by accident before it was made public, and acts just like a member of the team and boasts more positiveness towards the team than D&D's positive energy plane" just freaks me out.

Not that I'd expect GCgames to be anything less than honest, of course. *cough* *cough* yeah... right *cough*
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Thanks for the support Grognor. It's nice to see that even a newcomer can see right through GCG's tricks. If their game development skills are anywhere near as bad as their deception skills. Than it's far, far worst than we thought.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

If Christ gives you the OK, you're fine by me.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

I hope you realize that GCG would prefer it if DAC people don't post at their forum. This boycott is unintentionally doing their bidding.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

If this community doesn't post there, than nobody will. So far since the boycott only two (supposedly) non GCG employees have posted, and one of them has now joined our cause. We supported this project at the beginning. Than they erased the whole forum!? We gave them a second chance and they decided to move to their own forum!? We followed them there, and might I say that there was very little spamming and trolling going on. Even the artists had started to come around join in some very productive conversations. AND THE FUCKTARDS AT GCG DELETED ALL THE PROGRESS!!!

If GCG or anyone working for them would like to talk to the fans they want to sell to. I'm afraid that they will need to come and appeal to the fans. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

EDIT: PiP :no:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

:herve:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Jesus Christ wrote:Even the artists had started to come around join in some very productive conversations. AND THE FUCKTARDS AT GCG DELETED ALL THE PROGRESS!!!
ye that's the most retarded part.
EDIT: PiP :no:
geez I didn't see this thread, went to GCG and got WTF? when I saw what they did and just put a few words there.. no biggie..
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

I have a wealth of carefullly constructed...constructive criticism, suggestions, and things that would have come out of Rosh's mouth if he were nice(r), should I post it here or there?
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
PiP

Post by PiP »

nowhere. If CGC come here you might start posting here in whatever thread is relevant.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

minigunwielder wrote:I have a wealth of carefullly constructed...constructive criticism, suggestions, and things that would have come out of Rosh's mouth if he were nice(r), should I post it here or there?
Considering that people have been nicer, to which SpoQn deleted, you're most likely to have it remain here. Whether GC or any other cockmunch working for him will pay attention to it - GOOD FUCKING LUCK!

I only got them to listen when I had to put the feedback bluntly enough for them, so they couldn't ignore it or pretend the forum was just "being routinely wiped". And then it only got a handful of the idiots to reply, when the "nice" feedback was COMPLETELY IGNORED PREVIOUSLY.

Now back to niceness. I find it amusing that folks still want people to be all cuddly with daisey chains and shit like that for fraudulent shit salesmen. Back when Chuck did the same thing - the nice critiques were ignored while the more vocal ones were spot-on, irrefutable, and IMPOSSIBLE TO IGNORE. GC, if you hadn't noticed, hasn't been honest, forthright, or appropriate, in their development of this title, EVER. Neither was Chuck, which is why GC's compared to him constantly, and only the overpaid 'tards at GC seem to think it's a compliment.

So the developers went to their own reality, deleted the merely mildly disfavorable, and sucked themselves off until the blunt truth put into their face was impossible to ignore. Kind of like how GluttonCreeper ran off in piss trails, Chuck and Co also locked their forum.

The same with FOT, except they understood that when the fans were getting irate, it was due to the feedback being ignored previously. Such as what happened here.

This concludes your daily lesson of the game industry and the Fallout franchise in particular.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

...You are so right that I only read four lines before sadly nodding, damnit, why couldn't they let Fallout lay dead?

Also, reminds me of the quarter sized jet engine and a freinds comments about how that will be suppressed and destroyed just like those 120 Mph carberator(yes I know I have crap grammer and spelling) innovations we have on the Patent listing, capitalism sucks ass.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

minigunwielder wrote:...You are so right that I only read four lines before sadly nodding, damnit, why couldn't they let Fallout lay dead?
I'm guessing that their logic was something along the lines of "Well, it's already being gangraped into necrophilia by Bethesda, as we liked Chuck's work, then let's make some MONAY!!!!!"

:D
Also, reminds me of the quarter sized jet engine and a freinds comments about how that will be suppressed and destroyed just like those 120 Mph carberator(yes I know I have crap grammer and spelling) innovations we have on the Patent listing, capitalism sucks ass.
I imagine you know the scope of these that would make the common consumer cry, because life *would* be much better at this point, but a lot of these innovations are due to greed.

There's a lot more, including feasable electric cars, that proves the earlier patents and investments were nothing more than a scam. Modern engineers are able to shoot many of the common myths out of the water, without as much in R&D costs. GM and others spent BILLIONS and didn't come up with shit except for CEO and board bonuses. Mistubishi spent a few million and came up with better.

Kind of like the airlines needing the government to bail them out at taxpayer expense or they would have to fire employees. Once it went through, the execs gave themselves bonuses on being able to fool the govt, and then fired the people anyways. This happens quite frequently.

Oil barons, including our Presidunce, also do this shit all the time.

Fraud is fraud no matter where it happens, and as an honest patriot, this isn't what I had in mind when I fought for my country and allies. (Neither is the whole Middle East thing at present, but that's another discussion and can of worms.) People put their lives on the line to defend...some asswipe being morally dishonest at the benefit of personal wealth.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

Invade! 15% [ 3 ]
Boycot! 40% [ 8 ]
I think spoQn is a great mod and should be hired to work for DaC!
45% [ 9 ]

Total Votes : 20
WTF, did spoQn make some new accounts just to toot his horn, or did he get his "friends" at GC to do it for him LOL!

NOTE: spoQn sucks ass :chew:

EDIT: I agree Rosh. Capitalism is Communism with a shinier coat of paint
Adventuring in the wasteland on a daily basis
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Minigunwielder the almost forgiven insubordinate traitor wrote:Why are you lying about calling it dual-classless?(backgrounds do not define your skills in any way(which you should never do in a Fallout game regardless), backgrounds give a small boost to skills and stats at the cost of a slightly larger penalty

I mean what the hell, first you delete posts, refuse to take free cluepons, think that being compared to Chuck is a compliment, ignore the free stuff S.T. Toxic sent you, say you read The Vault, realeased that *$%^ little batch of samples, delete the threads when someone "crosses the line" by calling you an idiotic, greenstamping, moron who has no idea what Fallout looks like, lie about playing Fallout even when its clear you havent(to any depth), lie about it being in a 50's pulp comic style, then delete the posts, use a fake excuse to do that, throw a hissy-fit when you get your mod powers stripped, make a *$%^ forum with a plant on it who just "stumbled upon the forum three days before it was made public" delete all the posts in the "art" thread when everything was going swimmingly, made another *$%^ WoW inspired cover art where the only thing done well was the background, Delete more posts, hijack accounts in order to have S.T. Toxic say that he approves your project, oh and what else?

Last edited by Jesus Christ on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Our Host!