Uwe Boll kicked some ass

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Uwe Boll kicked some ass

Post by King of Creation »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html
Director takes swings at critics -- literally
POSTED: 4:06 p.m. EDT, September 25, 2006

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- Tired of the criticism of his films, controversial German film director Uwe Boll took on four of his critics in a Vancouver boxing ring, and ended each bout with a knockout.

The director of the vampire flick "BloodRayne," based on a video game and starring Kristanna Loken and Ben Kingsley, issued a fight challenge to his critics several months ago. Fifteen responded.

"I like now the critics," Boll told a news conference after the fights on Saturday. "Everybody who was in the ring showed (guts). Nobody dived.

"If they write about my movies without even seeing the movies then it's really annoying. If you make a movie like 'House of the Dead,' a zombie movie, what are they expecting? 'Schindler's List'?"

First in the ring with the director -- now dubbed "Raging" Boll -- was Richard Kyanka of Lee's Summit, Missouri, webmaster of www.somethingawful.com. He entered the ring clad in Stars and Stripes shorts.

"You are harboring a terrorist," he said of Boll to the Canadian crowd of about 600. "You are all guilty." Boll, grim-faced, KO'd him in the first round.

Jeff Sneider of Los Angeles, a journalist with Ain't It Cool News, went down in a technical knockout in the first round after his trainer threw in the towel.

He said Boll, 41, had told him it was just a joke, a public relations stunt.

"Then he started beating the crap out of my head," he said. "I think he's a jerk. This might be PR but I don't want to keep getting punched in the head."

Chris Alexander of Toronto, Ontario, a horror-move journalist with Rue Morgue radio and magazine, also went down in a knockout, but not before making an artistic statement.

While on the receiving end of a series of blows to the head, Alexander took Boll aback when a stream of blood spewed from his mouth. It turned out Alexander had taken a page from Boll's filmmaking book; the blood was fake.

"I had the fake blood in reserve," he explained.

"I spat it out. I freaked him out exactly like I wanted to do, it was poetry. It was my Jedi mind trick to try and disorient him."

He said he got in a punch for each of Boll's bad films. "I think I got him once in the face for 'Alone in the Dark' and I got maybe one or two for 'BloodRayne.' " he said. " I have absolutely no ... regrets. ... This is the weirdest pop culture bizarre journalism stunt I've ever been involved in."

Nelson Chance Mintner, a web site critic from Frederick, Maryland, was the youngest fighter at 17. He also lost by technical knockout.

Actress Loken was in the audience for the bouts. "It's absolutely ridiculous. That's why I love him," she said.

Boll's next picture is "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale."

Like "BloodRayne," it's also based on a video game. It features Loken again as well as Jason Statham, John Rhys-Davies, Ray Liotta, Matthew Lillard, Leelee Sobieski, Claire Forlani and Burt Reynolds.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Jeff Sneider of Los Angeles, a journalist with Ain't It Cool News, went down in a technical knockout in the first round after his trainer threw in the towel.

He said Boll, 41, had told him it was just a joke, a public relations stunt.

"Then he started beating the crap out of my head," he said. "I think he's a jerk. This might be PR but I don't want to keep getting punched in the head."
:rofl:

his next film has a decent cast, maybe the film will be good in some way, too :)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Personally speaking, it's all bull crap. Boll had promised the guys that they'd get training and equipment before they boxed, but they got neither. Boll just wanted a chance to hit his critics. There was also another critic who was an amateur boxer - Boll refused to fight him.

Also, don't be swayed by the cast. The movie looks absolutely tripe. Ray Liotta looks to win the worst villian ever award from what I saw. Boll just wants to get in on the LOTR money. He's also planning on making it a 2 or 3 movie series or something.
jiujitsu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jiujitsu »

It's still really funny. His movies may suck, but you have to respect him a little for challenging his critics to a fist fight. Even if they have no chance of winning against him. :drunk:
I am Megatron alt #7.

#fallout (irc.gamesurge.net)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

He only challenged the ones he knew he could win against.
jiujitsu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jiujitsu »

Wolfman Walt wrote:He only challenged the ones he knew he could win against.
Yea, but he still knocked their big mouths out.
I am Megatron alt #7.

#fallout (irc.gamesurge.net)
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

The only good thing in this whole deal is to see Lowtax get his ass kicked.
Serious Business.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Wolfman Walt wrote:He only challenged the ones he knew he could win against.
Yeah, fighting a 17 year old is some pretty weak shit, especially for a former boxer.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Dovla
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dovla »

Wolfman Walt wrote:There was also another critic who was an amateur boxer - Boll refused to fight him.
So he's gutless as well as horribly untalented. It's high time someone pulled a Chapman on the prick.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Wolf Waltman wrote:but they got neither.
Where does the fault lie, to neglect preparation and the time for it ? :drunk:
SearchingForFriends
Respected
Respected

Post by SearchingForFriends »

uwe boll´s body shape for teh oscar statue. :yes:
Nominar karous Rageia.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

When Uwe Boll touches Fallout, he'll hit a wall. One day, he won't wake up from his sleep.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Blargh wrote:Where does the fault lie, to neglect preparation and the time for it ? :drunk:
Given that you're talking about guys who think talking L1EK DIS is funny and have never bothered taking a class on ANY form of fighting or are even in any sort of good physical condition; as well as the fact that they were told that they WOULD receive such things and that it wasn't a real boxing match, but a PR stunt, I'd say it's Uwe's. Not that they incur no blame, but I'm still of the opinion that it's Uwe's fault primarily.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

lucky for us if he fought you youd tae kwon doe his little firm buns into da ground
:chew:
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

I used to box. Maybe I should fight him.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Megatron wrote:lucky for us if he fought you youd tae kwon doe his little firm buns into da ground
Are his buns really firm and or little?
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

Had I the money to spare

I would have paid, out of pocket, for kimbo slice to post negative reviews of his movies on the internet, and paid his airfare and a gratiuity to mentally cripple this waste of skin so as to never make any horrible movies ever again.

And really, after reading this article, all I can say is, he can hit people all he wants. He still creates absolutely shitty movies and this boxing match had little relevance to that.

Challenging critics to make a movie he was going to make WITH his financial backing would have been a far better challenge.

A brain damaged chimp could have made a better film had it taken a shit on it before it was run through the projector. Honestly.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

johnnygothisgun wrote:I used to box. Maybe I should fight him.
Please. Before the fallout horror.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Walt Wolfman wrote:Given that
You seem to know much of them, Walt. I do not. For various reasons. While deferring to your knowledge of this subject, I will, nonetheless, defiantly maintain the relevance of the boundaries of tooliganism.
Walt Wolfman wrote:guys who
Gullible idiots. Yes. Trust is, in many instances, an assumption. Expectation of 'fairness' from a frequent recipient of one's scorn and vitriol ? A recipient who has, to this point, not demonstrated that sublime pairing of emotional maturity and the blessed ability to laugh with others at one's self ?

For the folly of trust, of inaction, I believe that they deserved their injuries.

In a 'fair' world, their behaviour would excuse them from future criticism, played as they have been. Alas, the music was lacking and forgettable.

Delightful.
Walt Wolfman wrote:Uwe's fault primarily.
Fair enough. :drunk:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

S4ur0n27 wrote:When Uwe Boll touches Fallout, he'll hit a wall. One day, he won't wake up from his sleep.
If he dares to touch our precious gem, he'll die a slow and painfull death. :censored: :chainsaw:

This will lead humanity to peace and harmony and everyone's gonna party!

:dance: :drunk: :anger: :joy: :pelvic_thrust: :drunk: :evil_laugh: :? :dance: :joy: :dance: :chew: :clap: :drunk: :anger: :bored: :eyebrow: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :? :drunk: :dance:
Our Host!