FO PnP: d20 Guide Annoucements

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

FO PnP: d20 Guide Annoucements

Post by gluttoncreeper »

Many people have asked and made suggestions on Fallout character races and classes. Here is our offical response:

Fallout PnP: d20 Guide details Humans, Ghouls, and Mutants for starting races with background options. We will be using a dual classless system. There will be two classless option to choose from (aggressive and non-aggressive) that determines Base Attack, Save bonuses, Hit Die, and so on. Backgrounds, Occupations, Race and Tag! determines class skills. All characters get a background and may choose to take a occupation. Traits are present with all of the classics from Fallout, as well as many more new options. Thats all the news from the wastelands for now...
Mekorig
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mekorig »

Ummm...i like almost all the lthings you listed. I would prefered thet Ghouls and Mutants to be templates than races, but overall, the proyect looks really nice.
Dagon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dagon »

I'm interested to test it :)
War, war never changes....

Post by Guest »

Are the Aggressive/Non-Aggressive similar to the Attack Option and Defense Option for Call of Cthulhu d20?
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

Post by gluttoncreeper »

In a way it is simular to CoC d20, but still different. Basically Aggressive starts with a BAB that improves every level and one good save; Non-Aggressive have a slower BAB 1 per 3, 2 good saves, and gets faster defense bonuses. Beyond this is customization from traits, background, and optional occupations.

Can't you see I'm Starving! :anger:

The Gluttoneous One
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

Post by gluttoncreeper »

We will be adding a sample chapter from the Fallout PnP: d20 guide within the next two weeks to our underdeveloped website: www.gluttoncreeper.com Stay tuned for the development.

I'm not FAT, I'm just big boned!

The Gluttoneous One
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Can you let us in on some skills, backgrounds, and other snippets of info?
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

Post by gluttoncreeper »

Background will break up the Human race into a defined subrace. Example: Instead of having a Beastlord or Reaver Human race, these are background options a player can choose for their experience growing up in the waste.

Of course their are options to Ghouls and Mutants also.

Skills are mainly d20 Modern with additional coverage of Fallout world oddities (Treat Injury covers dealing with characters that are Blinded, Concussed, and Crippled - all part of targeting combat rules).

:dance: Ohhh! You got a buffet!!!

The Gluttoneous One
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Seems good, although I was asking if you could show us a couple of sample BGs, I got the general idea.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

Post by gluttoncreeper »

Not at the current time, perhaps in a few weeks, the section are under final revisions

GCG
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

Post by gluttoncreeper »

We have loaded an Introduction pdf for the forthcoming FAllout PnP: d20 Guide at www.gluttoncreeper.com/FOd20intro.pdf

Check it out, and tell us your comments...

GCG
Last edited by gluttoncreeper on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, looks like the file's all corrupted.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

File works fine for me. Pretty interesting stuff I suppose, though ya may want to fix your link, and you might want to get rid of the yellow background (tis ugly as hell).
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

Post by gluttoncreeper »

A few peoples have said the file is corrupted, so we investigated, and have come to a conclusion, that you need to upgrade your acrobat reader to 6.0 or 7.0. Reader 5.0 and lower states that the file is corrupt. This is problem.

The yellow background is temporary and will be converted to grey tones when sent to the printer next month (or November). We also fixed the spacing so the link above works.

Are those tatters? I'll take the biggins' :chew:

The Gluttoneous One
Mekorig
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mekorig »

Interesting. The setting appear to be situated at the begining of Fallout 2, and gove info about all the major factions of Fallout 1 and 2, ecept for the Master´s Army.
She says, do you believe
In the one true edge
By fastening your safety belts
And stepping towards the ledge
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I'd definitely like to see at least one or two illustrations per page - backgrounds, sidebars, or whatever.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Hatchen
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Hatchen »

Maybe kinda like pipboy formatt, or some sort of tec. sides, and of course pictures as well. But of course, this is the very rough stuff at the moment, they just probably wanted to show us the info in comparison to page design at the moment.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15548

Go there for news comments on the intro. To tell you the truth, I'm really pretty disappointed in it. Poor grammar, typos, and just all around poor writing.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

Post by gluttoncreeper »

Didn't we say it was uneditted with no artwork? Of course it is not the finished product, and just a sample. We will be posting sampling #2 in the next week or so, or whenever the lard one gets around to it...

GCG
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

gluttoncreeper wrote:Didn't we say it was uneditted with no artwork? Of course it is not the finished product, and just a sample.
Well, maybe next time you'll bother to do your part as editor and do the corrections people submit, or even bother to proofread the work yourself (since, hey, that's your job as editor), so you can have the finished work go public, and have the material look good instead of being so laughably inaccurate and unconnected to setting elements (the different cities used in this "publication") it would be called crap if it were posted on any Fallout Fan-Fic forum.

Here is where a few people, in a few minutes, manage to do what you are supposedly paid to do. So that was a sample? Of what we should expect for the finished product to be as uninformed, lazy, and botched, that it does you and more importantly Fallout a disservice by posting it?

So what's the excuse for the laziness? You want to claim yourselves "The Evolution of Tabletop Games" when so far your work has been rather half-ass and uninspiring compared to Fan-Fic from solo work efforts. So far, it looks like there wasn't any effort to clean up any of your released work to date. Evolution, my ass.
We will be posting sampling #2 in the next week or so, or whenever the lard one gets around to it...
From the "two classless classes that determine your skills from your starting background" garbage akin to calling a Ford F-150 "not a truck but a four-wheeled thing you can haul stuff in" to the intro being an unedited failure of Copy+Pasting from the Fallout Wiki, to the front cover being a PDF when an image file would have been far less unwieldy to...you're not even trying, kids.

I see no reason for me to pay money for this garbage.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Our Host!