Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

he doesn't look like one. then again, nose profiles can be surgically enhanced to mimic more indo enochian ones.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

blah
bluesme
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bluesme »

Maybe let's head back to topic of this post?

In the begining ...of post ppl were writing a lot about weapons: some wanted crossbows, some totally new types of weapon and ammo, some guy even said he don't want reallistic(current) weapons like Desert Eagle etc. (stfu!).

Fallout is post-nuclear reallity. 'Post-' means it's action goes after armaggedon! On wasteland! Where in wastteland is place for weapon factories!? There are water merchants and you want 'new guns'?
Some1 may argue that war began somwhere around 2050 so many guns might be discovered. Ofc, that's why there are Plasma Guns etc.
If u wanna new guns buy yourself HL, UT or Quake.

Imho weaponry should stick to what was in Fallout 1-2 and Tactics.
Maybe addition of some types like: H&K for small guns, few new types of energy weapons, etc.
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

bluesme wrote:Some guy even said he don't want reallistic(current) weapons like Desert Eagle etc. (stfu!).
Listen retard, Fallout is not in our reality, the H&K crap was Fallout 2 shittyness on account of morons who had no idea what Fallout is, this is not our future, this is not a maoistRPG this is FALLOUT and we do not have science, we have Science!.

If you are stupid enough to not realize why real world guns are a Bad Idea then you should not be talking about Fallout, ship this one off for education.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Fallout is post-nuclear reallity.
Fallout is a post-nuclear fantasy. Or did you just assume zappy laser rifles, vacuum tube house service robots, the HEV mutants, ghouls and shit were all hardkore scientific realism?

Having realistic guns only puts limitations on what you can do with designing equipment.

All in all, one of FO1's flaws was that there was too much ammo and guns to find. I'd enjoy it alot more if in FO3 they were alot more scarce and harder to find.
Zymedax
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Zymedax »

Holographic 3D on the Pip boy for area maps.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I found the problem in FO2 that many guns were not balanced enough.

Energy weapons group was just fine:
Laser Rifle = avarage damage, long range
Plasma Rifle = bigged damage, shorter range
YK42B (or whatever it was called) = awesome damage but poor range
The pistols are another story though.

Now let's look at Big Guns:
Bozar = absolutely the best Big Gun in the game, the only one that I found to be on par with it was the Vindicator, but that was endgame and ammo for it was a little difficult to find. All the other big guns were shit, bluntly put, so I think that they should try to bring in such balances in FO3.

Small guns were partially balanced and partially imbalanced:
Speed-load Magnum = amazing rate of fire. The small magazine was not a hinderance, since it only cost 1 AP to reload the thing.
Desert Eagle = nice magazine (upgraded) and good power.
Combat Shotgun/CAWS/Jackhammer = nice balances between number of rounds in a burst, range, damage, etc.

And that is it. As most people play the game, I would not see why they would use the other guns. Of course, the 10mm pistol was used in the beginning, as well as 10mm SMG, but most of the other stuff was completely useless, i.e. Hunting Rifle (scoped or without), Sawed-Off, Shotgun, Assault Rifle (nice when upgraded, but by that time you already had access to better weaponry), Needler gun, .223 pistol, 14mm pistol, XL70E3, P90c, etc. They did not offer what it took.

And of course, the last end-game imbalance, the Gauss Rifle. Yes, it had no burst, but 2 shots from the Gauss Rifle would do equal, if not more damage than your Jackhammer with a burst. A huge magazine as well, so you rarely had to reload. The Gauss rifle put the cherry on top of the cake, as it penetrater Power Armor, against which your shotguns were useless.

So therefore, I would like to see Fallout 3 bring more balances to weapons so that many more of them would be used. [/rant]
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

You forgot the most unbalanced of all...the gauss pistol. A pistol with the range of a sniper rifle? AND it only takes 2-3 APs.
does this work
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

fallout ranger wrote:You forgot the most unbalanced of all...the gauss pistol. A pistol with the range of a sniper rifle? AND it only takes 2-3 APs.
Could be balanced realistically, by removing the weapon's ability to penetrate armor (0.2). As far as I know it's generally like throwing a rock at someone at a very high speed, so it'll definately hurt to catch it with your face, but it'd only dent metal armors and leather armors would by far minimize the damage (1/2 or 1/3).
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

realism in games B)
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

PiP wrote:realism in games B)
Serious Business.
PiP

Post by PiP »

aye, this thread needs, no: demands Koki.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

rabies.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

.223 pistol ruled.
High PE, high Luck.
130-150+ in Small Guns
Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

We need more posts in this forum.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Future's looking pretty glum. I say we just spam some more in The Wasteland.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I demand a full life simulation. From your birth on the wastes to your death at the hands of the unwashed spammers. Pimples, plz.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

ExtremeRyno wrote:I demand a full life simulation. From your birth on the wastes to your death at the hands of the unwashed spammers. Pimples, plz.
Yesh!

You should get scars and pustules and abcesses and corns and bunyons and all sorts of crap.

By the time you win, you should need power armor and TPR in order to win.

The endgame should have that Quaker Oats guy saying "It was the right thing to do..."
PiP

Post by PiP »

are you refering to some northern american urban myth by any chance?
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I demand accurate player representation. No gamers are shaped like the Vault Dweller. I demand the PC be a mix between Killian and Gizmo - Hairy, dirty, and fat.

OR

I mean if I can make a character that actually looked like me in Tony Hawk for PSX and all those shitty WrestleMania games for N64, I should be able to make a character that looks like me for an RPG....I should be the Vault Dweller rather than a pre-rendered texture-fest of ambiguity.

Actually, I seriously want this. I get a kick out of playing a game where the character actually looks like me. If they could do it in the mid-90's, they sure as shit should be able to do it now. I mean come on...You can put yourself into The Sims, Unreal TK, and a bevy of other games...Why shouldn't it be so with an RPG?
Our Host!