Just bought a DS

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Just bought a DS

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Anyone recommend which games I should get for it? I bought 4 (but can excahnge any of them): that new mario platformer, mario 64 remake, castlevania and metroid prime. the new mario platformer is great, the others I'm not so overwhelmed with... so anyone recommend which games I should get?
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

How about you get Otherworld Ultra Tankbusters? That's be great.
Serious Business.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Tetris.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I'd like to play Dr. Mario again. Torrent, dl site for rom and emu anyone?
hoochimama
Respected
Respected

Post by hoochimama »

Brain Age and/or Trauma Center(surgery simulator).

Both Mario 64 and Metroid Prime are victims of being ported to a control scheme for which they weren't designed.

PS: If you bought of those new, gayer, DS lite thingies, make sure the left hindge doesn't have a small line/crack on it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i heard castlevania: dawn of sorrow is good but i dont know im not a qualified doctor
:chew:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Yeah I think I'll keep the new mario platformer and castlevania, and exchange metroid and mario 64 for some puzzle game and that mario+luigi rpg

Possibly exchange castlevania for brain age... is there a lot of variety there or do the questions/challenges run out fast?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Dual Strike is alright, its a very simple turn base strategy type game with lots of cutesy shit. Mario Kart is good if you like Mario Kart or have friends who also have it. Pheonix Wright is supposed to be good if you can find it. Kirby Canvas is supposed to be good but ultra cutesy. Metoes is supposed to be a fun puzzler.

The DS can play GBA games and theres a lot of RPG/strategy/ISH games that a lot of people recommend. I played Zelda Minish Cap and it was pretty fun if you like the older zeldas.
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Minish Cap
Every Advance Wars game made
Meteos
Trauma Center;Under the Knife
Mario Kart

Reccomendations finished, servitor shuttting doowwn
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Mariokart is pretty fun.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

DS? :|
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

No one got my awesome(?) pun :sadblinky:
Serious Business.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Seems like we aren't able to keep up with your supreme nerdiness, Koki :salute:
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Finally some acknowledgment :salute:
Serious Business.
Scorpion
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Scorpion »

:chew:
DAC- For all your fallout needs.

^ No, it's not for all your fallout needs. I think this site attracts more swell guy, shitheads, losers, and thread-hijackers than it does Fallout fans. This site should be renamed the Steamy pile of Horse shit or aka SPHS- For all your not-Fallout needs.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You lose.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: Just bought a DS

Post by Smiley »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Anyone recommend which games I should get for it? I bought 4 (but can excahnge any of them): that new mario platformer, mario 64 remake, castlevania and metroid prime. the new mario platformer is great, the others I'm not so overwhelmed with... so anyone recommend which games I should get?
You basically bought the best 4 games out there =/

I can't recommend brain-age. What most people don't know, is that it isn't a puzzle game; it's a math-trainer. It's designed for you to sit every day and play it for 10-15 minutes, stimulating your brain according to some japanese theorist.

So you'll be replaying the same crap over and over. See if you can beat my record of two weeks of playing this shit. The only rule is you actually have to enjoy it..

Mario-Kart DS is supposed to be good fun. MonkeyBall as well, but I haven't tried either.

Do NOT buy Megaman if you expect the good old NES-stuff. It's become some kind of strategy suck game.

Don't forget that you can buy and use GB-advance games as well, and some of those are fairly sweet.
Testicular Pugilist
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well I exchanged Castlevania, Mario 64 and metroid for Phoenix Wright, Meteos and Mario and Luigi RPG thing.

Haven't played the RPG yet, but Meteos is a cool tetris thing. Phoenix Wright is fantastic so far: best game I've played on any platform for a long time (including PC games). It's like an adventure game where you have to defend people in court, really wierd concept that's very well written. So I'd really recommend this game based on my playing so far. And the lawyers say things like 'take that porcupine head!' in court.

Plus, there's voice recognition built in and you get to shout OBJECTION!!! into the DS to object to what the prosecution is saying. How awesome is that?

Metroid and Mario 64 work on the gamecube etc but I really don't think a full-on 3d game works on the DS, with the digital controls and touchpad.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

How come it is so easy for you guys to just go to the store and pick up any game you want? I sent my mom to get Pheonix Wright for me during christmas and they end up telling her that there is no such game for the system, because they check their computer and even had the video game expert of the store check on it. When I do go into stores like ebgames or gamestop they NEVER have the game you want. It's even worse online, once a game has reached a couple of months without breaking records it will be OUT OF STOCK forever. Amazon.com is a fucking joke too half the DS games I want have been out of stock for months so your forced to buy from swell guy stores that charge you half the price of the game just for shipping. Also you got the punks who try to rip of parents with their outragous prices saying ZOMG SUPER RARE GAME.

Just today I thought they finally got a shipment of the games I wanted then I read the Availability saying THIS GAME IWLL BE AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER LOL. How cock shit is it for a company to not meet the current demand of a game? MAKE MORE COPIES swell guy, YOU WILL GET MONEY IN RETURN. Though I know its a lot more complicated than that and it only makes matters worse that you have to use a propiety format.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

What was that one with the dogs? Get that one.
Our Host!