SPECIAL System Boxing Simulator

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

yes. lets play.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

I've only just recently read the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. rules, but I'd be up for this whole boxing concept. It'd give me a chance to see how the system runs. Would we have to be human, or could I be a Ghoul/ Super-Mutant/ Deathclaw/ Dog/ Robot?
I had intended for all the competitors to use human characters, but logically, a person could be a ghoul or super mutant and box. No Deathclaws, dogs or robots, though (either too strong or illogical in a boxing setting).
I wanna be a boxing-elf. And I have a magic scarf of fatality +5!!! secret emo-move kicks teeth in! *WHAAAOOOMPH* iwiniwin!!
Probably should have mentioned earlier that I despise elves, and that if you were to select "elf" as race, my referees would act accordingly.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
elpollo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by elpollo »

Jan Espin

Race: Human
STR: 6
END: 6
AG: 8
LK: 5

HP: 33
AP: 9
AC: 8
Crit Chance: 5%
Melee Damage: +1

Unarmed- 78% (Tag)

Equipment- Boxing Gloves

I think that's right.
Last edited by elpollo on Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Yep, everything looks good.

Some other stats applicable: AP = 9, AC = 8, Critical Chance = 5%, Melee Damage = +1.

I thought of something which might fuck things up for a bit: In order for this to work, all participants must have some form of instant messaging system, as attack commands will have to be partaken in real-time. I presume that the preferred IM system is MSN Messenger, but if there's another which the majority of people prefer, I'll set up an account on that.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
elpollo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by elpollo »

I have MSN
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Simon Insidious Horatio Alcander Cletus Marmaduke Taffy Franklin Bill Oss III

Race : Herpes Elf
STR : 2
END : 12
AG : 1
LK : 10
Trait(s) :
Obese (+2 END, -2 AGI)
Suppurating (-20% HP, on the nose, POISON TOUCH !!)

HP : N/A
AP : N/A
AC : N/A
CC : N/A
MD : N/A
BB : YES.

OKAY

WE FIGHT

I PUNCH YOU IN THE LEFT/b] NIPPLE

YOUR CLAVIN FALS OFF

IS IT TAKEN BY A SWARM OF SCHOOLCHILDREN

I ASK FOR MY SKIN BACK

I WAIT

NOW

:drunk:
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Alright, elf, you've met your match: a level 74 Super Mutant with a Bozar - the referee. This one hates humanoid things with pointy ears, so your elf is a prime target. The Super Mutant fires. 463 damage. The elf dies. The Super Mutant rips off its ears as souvenirs to its conquest of humanoid things with pointy ears around the world.
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Re: SPECIAL System Boxing Simulator

Post by Antimeasure »

RAK wrote:Hello there. I will be your GM and commentator in this simulator.

I'm presuming that the people who are going to play already know about the SPECIAL system, so that saves me a hell of a lot of time.

So down to the specifics:
I would like at least 2 and at most 8 players for this simulator. You will be fighting on a 10 by 10 square grid. We will only be using the Strength, Endurance, Agility and Luck stats for this, due to the others being redundant. You will have 25 points to distribute between them.

I will presume that all characters have tagged Unarmed.

There will be Endurance and Luck rolls when:
Endurance: If you would be knocked down, I will roll against Endurance, if you succeed, you don't get knocked down.
Luck: If you would be rendered unconscious or dead, I will roll against Luck, if you succeed, you will continue the fight with 1HP. This will only happen ONCE.

Your weapon will be the Boxing Gloves in Fallout PnP. Not the Plated variety either.

You may NOT target the legs or groin, if you choose to, you will immediately be disqualified. And I'll be pissed off.

The victory conditions are:
Knockout: The opponent is rendered unconscious or dead;
Technical Knockout: The opponent concedes;
Points: You have made more hits at the end of 5 full rounds without another victory condition occuring;
and Disqualification: The opponent breaks the rules.

Each round will take 20 full turns.

So, any takers should PM me with their application including all Primary Stats, I'll set up a grid for combat, and LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Edit: http://www.down-syndrom.ch/ds_netring.htm
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

I think I'll choose to disregard that implication, as not only is it strongly offensive, but also untrue.

There really is such a brutal amount of animosity here, isn't there?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Simon Insidious Horatio Alcander Cletus Marmaduke Taffy Franklin Bill Oss III disputes your suggested resolution, as she proudly maintains ; Herpes Elves do not display so pedestrian, so predictable a trait as pointed ears. A deliberate consequence of the mingling of certain delightfully social maladies, no full blooded Herpes Elf can be certain of the presence of any of their extremities, even if pointed ears in particular had not been expunged centuries ago through selective breeding. Nonetheless, Simon Insidious Horatio Alcander Cletus Marmaduke Taffy Franklin Bill Oss III forgives you your understandable ignorance.

Simon Insidious Horatio Alcander Cletus Marmaduke Taffy Franklin Bill Oss III wishes the bigot with bozar the best, as it now bears more strains of unusual, uncomfortable, unsightly, embarrassing and ultimately lethal afflictions of which she is an honoured carrier than it has discernable brain cells. Yes, Freda, somewhere between two and thirty thousand.

Simon Insidious Horatio Alcander Cletus Marmaduke Taffy Franklin Bill Oss III was fleetingly upset at the loss of her Hand and Voice, her attention waned upon learning of the hilarious consequences, reassured by the knowledge of a healthy stock and the promise price, she was taken by the laughter. Simon Insidious Horatio Alcander Cletus Marmaduke Taffy Franklin Bill Oss III finds the prospect of your eventual realisation of the importance of the clavin you now lack to be well worth the momentary inconvenience posed by the ill advised, hooded blunderings of said lime vessel. :drunk:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

HELP THOR GUARD MOO-MOO'S?
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

RAK wrote:There really is such a brutal amount of animosity here, isn't there?
sherlock fucking holmes, may i have your spleen? i'll wear it till it starts to smell.
elpollo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by elpollo »

I'm Starting to feel that there is something disasterously wrong with the majority of the members of this forum. THIS IS AN RP THREAD! CAN IT NOT JUST STAY RELATED TO THE RP?
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

........:lol:
:crackup:
:laughchoke:
:angel:

My anthropomorphic marmoset juggles knives, then throws them at innocent people
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

It is you, elpollo, who has only started to realise. It is you, elpollo, who has indulged MSN and undoubtedly other vices with disturbing enthusiasm and an outlook emancipated, now debonair by routine and apathy.

And you dare to point and stare ? We should be caged, are caged ? Blessed be bars ! Yes.

Ah, perspective. Forged of your own mind, you already are.

Weep a while. :drunk:
elpollo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by elpollo »

Anyway, are we gonna play this?
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

I'm Starting to feel that there is something disasterously wrong with the majority of the members of this forum.
I've been feeling that way about the majority of the hardcore Fallout community for quite some time. I liken them to the Elite community in the mechanical sense, but they differ from the Elite community in one critical sense: The Elite community aren't, in general, a bunch of bastards.

No offense meant, though.
Simon Insidious Horatio Alcander Cletus Marmaduke Taffy Franklin Bill Oss III finds the prospect of your eventual realisation of the importance of the clavin you now lack to be well worth the momentary inconvenience posed by the ill advised, hooded blunderings of said lime vessel.
Ah, one of the few members here who can be offensive, intelligent and funny. I guess that I'll have to do something to fix my little ... problem.
Our Host!