New Reno RPG

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
celticdragonlord
SDF!
SDF!

New Reno RPG

Post by celticdragonlord »

I once stabbed a man in Reno just to watch him die...

So, there seems to be a few RPGs based on Fallout and Fallout 2 here, but all local and tabletop. So, I'm offering something new.

New Reno RPG is an IRC chat-based Freeform RPG based on the Fallout 2 world. New Reno is the home of the worst type of humanity that the postapocalyptic world has to offer. The Salvatores are gone and a mere shell of the Family they once were... now, the Mordinos, the Bishops, and the Wrights struggle for power in the city. The local gangs are good at bullying passersby, and while deadly, hold very little real power in the city. Law is the law of the Families... the law of Blood. The few vigilantes in the city either die out quickly or become enough of a thorn in the sides of the Families to make their lives very, very dangerous ones to lead.

In Reno, you have to watch your back. The vultures and the sharks of the city will just as soon stab their own mothers as spending a few measly hours with them, all for the price of another hit of Jet. If you don't watch your back, not even the Shi might be able to bring you back.

New Reno RPG has a perfect blend of freeform roleplay and a quality game mechanics system. It provides a lethal, realistic setting to develop character personalities and backgrounds and explore a character's potential with plenty of rules-mediated action and plot. The staff and player base are of decent stock as well, making New Reno one of the best chat-based RPGs on the internet and the only Fallout-based game on the internet of this type.

Since I knew this might perk some interest here, I thought I'd share the information about the game with you. Feel free to stop on by the site and the rooms to check us out, and don't hesitate to ask me or anyone there any questions you have.

http://www.polarhome.com:793/~newreno/
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

(this might have been a bad idea)
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: New Reno RPG

Post by VasikkA »

celticdragonlord wrote:IRC chat-based Freeform RPG based on the Fallout 2 world.
:rolleyes:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

The intro of your posting was very promising, but you fucked up the rest.
Try again.
celticdragonlord
SDF!
SDF!

Not a fan of those types of games?

It really is a lot of fun, no question there, as long as you're the type who likes to get into actual roleplaying and not just "roleplaying games", like Diablo or Neverwinter Nights. Something where the character is fleshed out and more than just a name and some stats.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

How does roleplaying in IRC differ from the usual spam, anyway?
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

how :che:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

How :goatse:
celticdragonlord
SDF!
SDF!

Well, first, if this wasn't the place to post this... definitely direct me to where I could move it to. I was directed here specifically to post this up, though.

Beyond that, what makes this different? Well, I can only say again that this is frankly one of the best places you could potentially roleplay. We have a great crowd of players... great meaning that they're good roleplayers, in the sense you won't find any metagaming, powergaming, godmoding, or any of that crap, and they're all decent to good storytellers... so the descriptive RP is quality.

Freeform RP itself allows you to expand on a character, as I'm sure at least a few people who read this know about. If you'd be looking just for "pick up a gun and shoot stuff, get my stats better"... well, this would be disappointing to someone who's only looking for that. Because this game allows real depth to a character... focusing on those details that you even lose in a tabletop game.

And, we have a decent game mechanics system to back up the freeform RP, for parts of the game that require mediation by skill and random factors. That just further secures it that we don't have anyone saying "I R teh coolest, I stabs and sh00ts ur guy for a million damage, and his hart exsplodes!".

So beyond that, I'm not sure how much more I can say it... anyone actually interested in roleplaying, as opposed to rollplaying, would love this game, I am absolutely certain. Come on over, check out the site and the rooms. It'll be worth the time to check us out.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

The people here at DAC really enjoy their spam. They are not very good at RP however; one could say I never blessed them with that gift. By posting this here you could be setting yourself up for un ugly spamfest.

Try here for your recruiting instead
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
celticdragonlord
SDF!
SDF!

Much obliged, Jesus.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

:google:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

celticdragonlord wrote:"roleplaying games",
BY YOUR TELLING SOBRIQUET - BETRAYER !!

HOW DARE THIS . . THIS CALLOW FOOL BESMIRCH THE HONOUR OF THE VERY BEST ROLE PLAYING GAME OF ALL, NEVERWINTER NIGHTS ?

AND YOU STAND FOR THIS ?

AND YOU ?

HOW DO YOU SLEEP ?! :drunk:
Our Host!