Game crashes during intro movie

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Splatter
SDF!
SDF!

Game crashes during intro movie

Post by Splatter »

My system:
Compaq Presario 5000
1.3 GHz Intel Celeron
256 MB RAM
Win XP Home

Hey guys. I recently installed Fallout and it seems to work fine. The only problem is that the intro movie won't play all the way through. When it gets to the line "Spain built an" the screen goes black and the line loops over and over again. I need to kill the process in the task manager to get out. Fortunately, I can at least skip past the movie to get to the actual game.

So far I've tried the official 1.1 and unofficial 1.3 patches, running in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility modes, activating the other compatibility options to disable visual themes and the like, setting my monitor to 800x600x16, and varying the installation size. I also tried the DOS version, both in VDMSound and DOSBox, but the same problem occurs.

In the event I can't get this working, is there anywhere I can download the intro movie from? It's been quoted so many times and it would be nice to finally see the whole thing myself.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Re: Game crashes during intro movie

Post by Redeye »

Splatter wrote:My system:
Compaq Presario 5000
1.3 GHz Intel Celeron
256 MB RAM
Win XP Home

Hey guys. I recently installed Fallout and it seems to work fine. The only problem is that the intro movie won't play all the way through. When it gets to the line "Spain built an" the screen goes black and the line loops over and over again. I need to kill the process in the task manager to get out. Fortunately, I can at least skip past the movie to get to the actual game.

So far I've tried the official 1.1 and unofficial 1.3 patches, running in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility modes, activating the other compatibility options to disable visual themes and the like, setting my monitor to 800x600x16, and varying the installation size. I also tried the DOS version, both in VDMSound and DOSBox, but the same problem occurs.

In the event I can't get this working, is there anywhere I can download the intro movie from? It's been quoted so many times and it would be nice to finally see the whole thing myself.
try These people are more serious

:lalala:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Fallout intro? Click here. Or here.
Splatter
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Splatter »

For once a slow internet connection proved to be a blessing, as the words "fecal fountain" loaded before any media. Thank you for the second link, VasikkA, and fuck you for the first.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

The tubgirl.com shoudla given it away..
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Bobby Hill?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Our Host!