Warhammer goodies (warning, big images)

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

MadBill wrote:
Shamer wrote:r
I need Jesus more than ever now.
what
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Anything for you MadBill.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Who the fuck is Jesus anyway? D:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Someone's secondary account. :aiee:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Who the fuck is Jesus anyway? D:
I'm your Lord and savior...

DUUHHHH...
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

The even teeth is what struck me in the screenshot, it'd look cool if there was a "random teeth generator" or some such, you know, because getting the teeth perfect is of high importence as opposed to balance of any kind.
PiP

Post by PiP »

PiP wrote:I liked the old ones better for their grittyness, uneven teeth, the dark about the eyes, dirty and evil look
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The teeth look pretty uneven to me in the third pic...

But who knows, maybe orcs gotten better dental care since the last visit.
PiP

Post by PiP »

VasikkA wrote:in the third pic....
that's the point - this one's from the cancelled version of WO
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

So the game was OBLIVIONIZED? ;)

A shame really, the two first pics look like 1999.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Not to mention the 3rd pic looks somewhat pre-rendered.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Somewhat? The real version lacks the hi-res textures, dust particles, vegetation and a painting-like background. Lens flare would have made it too obvious.

And then there are people who walk the streets in belief that Oblivion will look just like in the press shots. :rolleyes:
Shamer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Shamer »

I've just read on IGN.com (http://pc.ign.com/articles/696/696521p1.html) that

"...The game will be called Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning or, according to Mythic's descriptive acronym, WAR"

Damn, arent't those guys clever! I'm simply awe-struck.

"Lance Robertson, Producer of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, echoed the notion that the Warhammer universe is one of "perpetual conflict" and that the "core concept" behind WAR reflects one basic truth: war is everywhere..."

Blimey!!!

"...every aspect of the game is geared towards the greater war in some important way." In essence, WAR seeks to give the player a true sense of being involved in a titanic, epic struggle."

Ain't that just peachy!

But seriously, is a MMORPG or MMORTS we're talking about here? What about the rpg aspect? What about all that about WHFRPG not directly tied to its (more lucrative for GW no doubt) Fantasy Battle franchise? Will we ever (on our screens) tread the foul sewers of Nuln, pursue fortune in Marienburg, intrigue in Tilean states (lets be modest here, in Tilean expansion surely) or discover corruption of Imperial officials? Is there a place for that in a wartorn setting? Still more friggin questions....
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Koki wrote: Bullshit, dude. Bullshit.
I feel convinced that I was wrong all along. :drunk:

you're in denial mate, get over it.
Testicular Pugilist
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Shamer wrote:I've just read on IGN.com (http://pc.ign.com/articles/696/696521p1.html) that

"...The game will be called Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning or, according to Mythic's descriptive acronym, WAR"

Damn, arent't those guys clever! I'm simply awe-struck.

"Lance Robertson, Producer of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, echoed the notion that the Warhammer universe is one of "perpetual conflict" and that the "core concept" behind WAR reflects one basic truth: war is everywhere..."

Blimey!!!

"...every aspect of the game is geared towards the greater war in some important way." In essence, WAR seeks to give the player a true sense of being involved in a titanic, epic struggle."

Ain't that just peachy!

But seriously, is a MMORPG or MMORTS we're talking about here? What about the rpg aspect? What about all that about WHFRPG not directly tied to its (more lucrative for GW no doubt) Fantasy Battle franchise? Will we ever (on our screens) tread the foul sewers of Nuln, pursue fortune in Marienburg, intrigue in Tilean states (lets be modest here, in Tilean expansion surely) or discover corruption of Imperial officials? Is there a place for that in a wartorn setting? Still more friggin questions....
Blimey? Peachy?

You need more edge to your posts.

But let's be honest. For whom are MMORPGs designed for? Are the fans of Warhammer(or any other franchise, for that matter) their primary target? No. Fans who really care about the setting are a marginal group and don't contibute much to sales. The publisher's primary target are credulous 15-25 year old fantasy enthusiasts who buy anything with a dragon on the cover. Roleplaying would confuse them so instead the game offers instruments to chat using cool secret codetalk including numbers and brag about how shiny armor they've got with lots of '+'s and numbers. Numbers are essential. They are indicators of your rank in the gameworld. The higher your rank is, the more likely you're to going to die a virgin.
Shamer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Shamer »

VasikkA wrote:
You need more edge to your posts.
... Cheers for the review, but I prefer irony and watered down sarcasm over "edge" (depends what u ment by "edge", though, a tad vague)

But let's be honest. For whom are MMORPGs designed for? Are the fans of Warhammer(or any other franchise, for that matter) their primary target? No. Fans who really care about the setting are a marginal group and don't contibute much to sales. The publisher's primary target are credulous 15-25 year old fantasy enthusiasts who buy anything with a dragon on the cover. Roleplaying would confuse them so instead the game offers instruments to chat using cool secret codetalk including numbers and brag about how shiny armor they've got with lots of '+'s and numbers. Numbers are essential. They are indicators of your rank in the gameworld. The higher your rank is, the more likely you're to going to die a virgin.

Regarding first part, that's debatable. For instance would u say the same about publishers' attitude towards Star Wars fans, don't think so. I think with any game that has a well established franchise behind it one needs somewhat less general approach. Yeah sure WH fans (regardless of whether it's Battle or any related are probably less widespread and numerous, thus potential custumer revenue estimate might be lower. But if u look at GW fandom or customer base (Europe predominantly I suppose), it's massive. Now let me take a wild guess here, let's just go with a crazy scenario that the majority of the mantioned GW-addicts hava a PC with broadband at home (for playing such obscure titles as Dawn of War or drooling for the upcoming Mark of Chaos). Will they be tempted to play the MMO game? Fuck yeah! Now I'm not saying that you're wrong, only that it's debatable.

As regards the second part about the credulous 15-25 year old die-as-a-virgin enthusiasts. I tend to agree albait reluctantly. But so what mate, sure there are lots of thick twats out there. Still, let's not forget that from that group you are likely to get a few who will ascend into well honed rpg refinement :hahano:

Who knows maybe those are your roots and mine as well...

Until next time...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Gaming universes drama ftw :dance:
PiP

Post by PiP »

oh fun, I get to know stuff about Warhammer :dance:

seriously though,
Shamer wrote: Who knows maybe those are your roots and mine as well....
I thought this very thing the other day. About all hardcore RPG fans. You gotta have some pre-RPG PC gaming history, aight? Or not!?

Also, where the fuck has Kashluk gone?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

PiP wrote:
Shamer wrote: Who knows maybe those are your roots and mine as well....
I thought this very thing the other day. About all hardcore RPG fans. You gotta have some pre-RPG PC gaming history, aight? Or not!?
My RPG roots, eh? Luckily, the MMORPG scene is more or less a mystery for me and I've never wasted any time on them expect for some crappy MUDs 8-9 years ago. Those were pretty wild times, but let's not get into that. Also, I've never played boardgame RPGs and D&D in my life, so I guess I'm not oldskool in that sense. In fact, my first CRPG was Ultima 6, Ultima Underworld and some other first-person dungeon crawlers. Ultima 7 blew my mind. Later on I've played various roguelikes, Gold Box engine games(thanks Internet!) and of course Wasteland. I haven't really played a CRPG since Arcanum. Well, except for Bloodlines on closer thought.
Also, where the fuck has Kashluk gone?
I don't know, but I guess he's wrestling with the matriculation exams. It's that time of year...
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

To gaming I am a tree amongst the direst of circumstances. Short of rampant chainsaws and sodium fluoroacetate.

Never have, never will.

Ehuehuehuehue. :drunk:
Our Host!