The Flash Thread

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Awesome. :rockon:

I like how you interpreted Blargh to look like. The pipe was a nice touch.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Naked Lunch should totally be portrayed as a Lovecraftian squid of rhinoceroid proportions. :salute:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Kashluk wrote:I'm raping imageshack with my crappy flashes, but oh well:
DAC
Still very unfinished and very unpolished, but oh well, I propably can't do any better than that anyway.
Looks good Kash, but I am sort of drunk atm. My tip is setting the fps to 18 or 24, to remove choppyness, and if you haven't, put the music on stream instead of event. Any questions or help or whatever with the flash, pm me. Good style on the characters, music is pretty funky too.

Secret edit: Are you using any tweens at all? Hard to tell.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I laughed and I laughed and I laughed and I -

Then the animation was witnessed, thus far.

To which, a question. One :

HOW DID YOU, OF ALL THE MOPING MONGOLOIDS, KNOW !?!?

That is all. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

VasikkA wrote:So you're gonna update after every new screen?
Looking good though.
Not really, I was just really, really fucking bored. And thanks.
St. Toxic wrote:Looks good Kash, but I am sort of drunk atm.
Yeah, you ought to be. It's your stereotype image I'm going to immortalize in my magnificent flash movie. Oh, you didn't know? You're the main character, yo! And besides, how else could you like it?
1) My tip is setting the fps to 18 or 24, to remove choppyness, and if you haven't, 2) put the music on stream instead of event. Any questions or help or whatever with the flash, 3) pm me. 4) Good style on the characters, music is pretty funky too.
1) Yeah, frame rate's 12 per sec at the moment (default), changing it would completely ruin the sync, but I guess I'd better do it now than after finishing the whole thing. 2) The music's stream already, but I think it doesn't matter really, since I'm using a preloader... the movie won't start until every last byte has been downloaded to temporary internet files.3) Oh, I will. I sure will. 4) Thanks, it's just hand drawn really. I'm not that much of a photographic-like-drawer, but some say I can do decent cartoonish characters. And the music's pretty cheap, done with this punk music generator quite some time ago... I think most of you have heard it before, when pooper(?) wrote those funny stories that involved community members, sex and violence.
Secret edit: Are you using any tweens at all? Hard to tell.
Yeah, some shape and plenty of motion tweens. But I also do a lot of the animating by hand. Simply because I learned how to animate with Animation Shop 3 or something, back in the ages when normal people did animations in .gif form and chit and back then you had to draw all by hand, so it's kinda hard coded in my congoid brain.
Blargh wrote:HOW DID YOU, OF ALL THE MOPING MONGOLOIDS, KNOW !?!?
I'm your father :drunk:

-----------------

And big XXX and OOO for all the rest of youse guyz as well, I'm taking in some good suggestions all the time. What wouldn't I do to make complete strangers on the other side of the globe (except my Finnish patriotic comrades, HEIL!!11) feel warm and fuzzy about themselves? Yeah, please do spam this thread oh so very much.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

It's your stereotype image I'm going to immortalize in my magnificent flash movie. Oh, you didn't know? You're the main character, yo! And besides, how else could you like it?
No, no, I don't deserve this honor. Put yourself up front, and I'll just pretend that I like it alot. I'm good at pretending.
The music's stream already, but I think it doesn't matter really, since I'm using a preloader...
Event is only for small soundfx things, it always screws up music sync. Nevar forget.
I'm not that much of a photographic-like-drawer, but some say I can do decent cartoonish characters.
Photographic-like-drawers are all a bunch of pompous assholes. We cartoonish guys are the rebels here.
But I also do a lot of the animating by hand. Simply because I learned how to animate with Animation Shop 3 or something, back in the ages when normal people did animations in .gif form and chit and back then you had to draw all by hand, so it's kinda hard coded in my congoid brain.
Flash is alot easier. I'm sure you've figured this thing out already, but just in case you're wasting time doing it the old congoid shop 3 way...

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well, is it ready yet?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've finished the Hammer / Retlaw / Menno screen, finished Megatron and St. Toxic as well. Still got something like 1:30 of the song left and running out of (decent) ideas for characters. I know, I suck. I also haven't had much spare time for this project and proBably won't have any until the christmas holidays. But we'll see what I'll come up with.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Post it. D:
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

More. NOW
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

You rule, Kash.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Alright, alright. Here's the current b0rked & unfinished version. Don't expect to see anything new before Christmas Eve, though.

Tatá: http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dac0oa.swf

For some reason I'm not able to use the music as 'Stream', only 'Start' or 'Event'... When I set it to stream no sounds can be heard throughout the animation. That's why the sync is screwed up again...
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Megatron Rules. :)
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The shit should hit a fan!
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

:WHIPLASH:
INCREASE PRODUCTION RATE. PRONTO.
:WHIPLASH:
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

When I set it to stream no sounds can be heard throughout the animation. That's why the sync is screwed up again...
You do know that you need the music frame things to go along with the whole animation right? Otherwise, I don't know. Check the properties of the soundfile in the library (F11) and test it, or something. Also see if you haven't fucked something up in the other properties thing.

EDIT: If nothing works, fuck it. Just remove the Layer ( or even the whole song ) and re-import it in into a new layer. There's no reason for every streaming file to have gone bananas.

PS: Whenever you resume work, your first priority should be putting Antimeasure in there. ( He's been more productive with animations than I have and he's also alot of fun )
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

St. Toxic wrote: the music frame things to go along with the whole animation right?
Oh fuck it. I haven't. Oh and does it work ok when it's spread over several Scenes? Do I have to take special measures and stuff?

We'll see.... WE'LL SEE!!

I'm thinking about characters, but most of you guys are so dull that it's tough to come up with shit about you... And I'm also too lazy to draw fans, so screw it :dance:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

I totally look like that guy from Hellraiser, Pinhead. B)
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Very good senor I specially liked st toxic cartoon, megatron was funny too but I dont see where's the resemblance.
I can see hammer still has a place in your heart :hug:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, never forget, never forgive :salute: He will always be the man of my dreams, especially nightmares.

St. was kinda boring, in my own opinion... As for Megatron, I don't really know how he looks like. Nor do I care, to be honest :eyebrow:
Our Host!