Fallout Tactics installation error

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Ramiel_05
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout Tactics installation error

Post by Ramiel_05 »

When I try to install Tactics on my machine (Windows XP Pro) it gives me an error (#106) when trying to install the file 'spr mechanical_0.bos' The installation will continue normally but skips 6% on the installation progress bar. Just as the installation is completed it crashes and when I look on my computer nothing has been installed at all. Any ideas why?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You'd think that by then you'd understand that you SHOULDN'T play this game.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

It's a last-ditch attempt by the developers to stop you from playing this atrocity.
Ah-Teen
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ah-Teen »

How many times have your tried to install?
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Ramiel_05
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ramiel_05 »

3 or 4 times
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Re: Fallout Tactics installation error

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Ramiel_05 wrote:The installation will continue normally but skips 6% on the installation progress bar. Just as the installation is completed it crashes and when I look on my computer nothing has been installed at all. Any ideas why?
When you say nothing has been installed at all do you mean of the whole game or just that file?

I had problems with that file as well, looking at it in winzip it kept telling me that one of the sprite files was corrupt but I was able to do a manual install from a different drive though this was under 98SE.

If you can install the rest of the game you might be able to do a manual install from a different drive, if you don't have another cd drive ask a friend if you can install it on their pc, extract all the contents (keeping the folder names) and then copy them to a cd.

If none of the game installs at all remove the cd, take all the cds and case outside, get a sledge hammer and pound them until they've been ground to dust.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
head874
SDF!
SDF!

Imagine

Post by head874 »

:X Now imagine if the world was like that.:I
Our Host!