Jack Thompson - A child at heart?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

While not listening to W-Walt ;) I saw some more links on our good friend Jack-the-wack...

http://gr.bolt.com/articles/jack/jack.htm

I've never seen a lawyer delivering so much filth on himself. He does deserve a kind of applause though. (Or is that applaude?)

Some more fun links:
http://stopblame.com/
http://stopstopkill.com/

Picked up from VG-Cats
Testicular Pugilist
deadlus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by deadlus »

I was thinking about emailing him about FO and FOPOS. Maybe he would put Herve behind the bars, who knows.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Chances are you wouldn't get a reply or the reply would be along the lines "YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES SO YOU'RE RETARDED AND I'M NOT INTERESTED SO HMPH!" and then if you emailed him again he'd just threaten you with a law suit.

Sadly, I'm serious.

Also, the man is a political genius for making his only platform for Florida State Attorney General a debate on wether or not Janet Reno was a closet lesbian. That's the most brilliant campaign strategy I've ever heard of.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Chances are you wouldn't get a reply or the reply would be along the lines "YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES SO YOU'RE RETARDED AND I'M NOT INTERESTED SO HMPH!" and then if you emailed him again he'd just threaten you with a law suit.
No, that's only if you're "well" known on the intarweb..

I've sent him multiple e-mails from both my addresses, and I've gotten no response. I think he has a secretary browsing trhough it all.

I bet if you wrote him some "evidence" snuff on games, I bet he'd listen..

And then make an ass out of himself.

Just gotta find a game with some kind of sexual reference..
Testicular Pugilist
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I don't even think Jack Thompson listens to the evidence that comes out of his own mouth, much less anyone elses.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Smiley wrote:I've sent him multiple e-mails from both my addresses, and I've gotten no response. I think he has a secretary browsing trhough it all.
If he doesn't listen to other Americans or probably even his own constituents, why would he listen to someone from Denmark? He's trying to get laws passed in the US.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I used my real name in of the e-mail, and then one from my "false" e-mail.

Maybe it would fool the fool? I dunno.
Testicular Pugilist
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Instead of spending your time spamming Jack, you should spend your time training your shuriken throwing skills so that when you come face to face with him, you WILL BE READY
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Re: Jack Thompson

Post by Raymondo »

Geno wrote:Lately, especially with the GTA:SA sex scandal, we are seeing lots of Jack Thompson. The Miami lawyer bent on shutting down Rockstar Games and, maybe, the gaming industry. I invite to tell us your opinions and stories about this guy(intelligent ones, please).

I personally think he's a lunatic(see the comic below) that doesn't really know videogames and how to deal with the violence in them. He's too sure of his ideas, well... at least he has some...

Here are some links:

Slashdot.org news Look at what he said ab out Will Wright! :aiee:

Best way to contact him...

Wikipedia entry

Google search!

Wolfman Walt wrote:In regards to Jack Thompson, VG cats just had an article up that kinda proved he's as insane as we'd like to believe.

http://www.vgcats.com/jack.php

To summarize, Jack sent the VG Cats author an email, the author emailed him back and Jack pretty much denied he ever emailed him and threatened legal action.
Does no one read my fucking posts? D :
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

No, we hate you, Raymondo the Meatbeater.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Does no one read my fucking posts?
Who are you?
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Raymondo made Pimpunation and Car Wars. :dance:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wasn't he banned, and if not, why isn't he banned? >:(
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Does no one read my fucking posts?
Yup. But a lot of things in this thread has been re-posted.

Anyone heard any other news? I miss my daily laughs at that bastard.
Testicular Pugilist
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Smiley wrote:Anyone heard any other news? I miss my daily laughs at that bastard.
Daily laughs? Some tiny gaming sites and a conservative jackass e-mailing eachother back and forth, that was funny for like a week. Go find new objects of laughter.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Apperent new Jack news. Not that it really matters, I think we can pretty much guess he feeds on this stuff, though it bothers me that he can now have enough pull to cause retailers to not carry a game that has not even been released. Ofcourse, who the hell goes to Walmart for videogames?

Edit - Since the link I gave apperently didn't work, here's the story.
miami herald wrote:Coral Gables activist Jack Thompson on Wednesday sued a host of big-box retailers to prevent them from distributing the yet-to-be-released Bully video game that he alleges could incite youngsters to violence.

Thompson, a lawyer who is known for fighting radio obscenity and violent video games, sued Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, GameStop and Toys 'R' Us, seeking an order to bar the game's release on Oct. 5.

''The spate of school shootings is unsettling and to have a game that glamorizes and in fact rehearses kids in violence is reprehensible and dangerous,'' he said.

Players of the game, which is expected to receive an ''M'' rating for ''mature'' audiences, take on the role of bullied school children who fight back by becoming bullies, inflicting violence as revenge on classmates and teachers who annoy them.

Thompson said his attention was drawn to the game after he received a call earlier this year from an employee of the game manufacturer Rockstar, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, who alerted him of the violent content in the upcoming Bully.

Take-Two is the maker of the popular Grand Theft Auto games, also known for their violent content.

A spokesman for New York-based Take-Two did not return a call for comment.

Circuit City and Wal-Mart do not comment on pending litigation, spokespersons said.

Representatives of the other retailers did not return calls.

Meanwhile, the American Psychological Association on Wednesday called for the reduction of violence in video games because of the danger that it leads children to inflict violence.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Bully sounds rather amusing. If of somewhat limited scope. :drunk:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

That's sad..

I feel sorry for the developers, now they'll never earn enough to cover costs for the game.

Besides sounding horribly dull, though with an interesting concept, I doubt it would've sold..
Testicular Pugilist
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Smiley wrote:I feel sorry for the developers, now they'll never earn enough to cover costs for the game.
Yes they will; they already have?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

How so? I thought it wasn't going to be released?
Or is it Walmart only?
Testicular Pugilist
Our Host!