1000 articles at The Vault

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Little girl is right! The idea process is better left off to the professionals. Most of the suggestions either totally change the game to something unrecognizeable, or would only work in a mod of some sort.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Briosafreak wrote:this is not a kids game
This is probably the funniest thing I read here since megatron's comics.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Listen Sauron, we don't have time for your kiddy game bullshit. This is fucking serious alright, if you can't handle it you know where the door is okay? Jesus christ, you think we're just playing around like 12 year olds? This is so goddam serious it's like pregnant mothers with crack babies held hostage while your family all have bowel cancer and your dog got ran over. Would you crack a smile then? Would you make some little kiddie bullshit cry babies? Or would you step up and be a real man. Do you have the guts for it sauron?

Sometimes I lack your commitment to the true Fallout wikipedia. Either get DAC tattooed on your bicep, naval and knee or GTFO IRL
:chew:
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Briosafreak wrote:
DarkUnderlord wrote:Fact is, the wiki is clearly a "Fallout Community" project.
Nope DU, this is a DAC project, since it`s hosted by DAC wich follows the will and of desires of Teatime, and the last time i talked about a Fallout community he clearly stated that:
Mr. Teatime wrote:The trick is not to care, and it's not such a big deal because we are clearly not 'one' community, as the sites have different audiences and tastes.
Well that's a really fucked up way to be looking at things then, Briosafreak.

As Teatime said, don't care about it. Don't even care about the URL. It's hosted on DAC. BIG WHOOP. You'd be happier if we setup www.falloutwikiwhicheveryonecanparticipatein.com ? But who pays for it then? Who's responsible for backing it up? What if it ends up being, SHOCK HORROR, a DAC admin? OH NOEZ!!1

Do we treat Bourgeious or IanOut as "NMA projects" which we "aren't allowed to talk about or participate in" simple because they're hosted on NMA? Do we need special invitations from Odin or you telling us when we can and when we can't post news items about them? Do I need a special invite form signed by you telling me I can give suggestions to the IanOut team?

For a former news guy, you sure are funny.
Briosafreak wrote:So i think Kharn and Silencer are wrong on this, and the people at NMA should leave things at that
Oh great, now you're telling your own community what they can and can't do.

"NMA Community: This is a message from Briosafreak. You ARE NOT, repeat ARE NOT allowed to participate in the Fallout wiki which is hosted by DAC. If you do, we here at NMA will ban you and sick Rosh on your arse!"

Whatever you've got your dick caught in, pull it out, now. Ausir shouldn't have to pop over to NMA and ask for "the NMA Community's opinion" on things before it goes in the wiki. When did this shit come into force? Did I miss a memo? I missed a memo again, didn't I?

Hell. Anyone, ANYONE should be allowed to pop along to the wiki - regardless of the forum they frequent or "community" they think they're a part of - find something to add or correct, make changes as they see fit and leave.

... and you know what? Anyone CAN. Despite what you think or what you may or may not want your denizens to do. If you think otherwise, you guys really have turned into fascists.
Briosafreak wrote:And if you had read the posts a little better DU you would see that Kharn was trying again to start a dialogue with an olive branch, against my advice.
I see that now. The real problem here is you.

Saint is right. You are a douche.

Now, do we need to send out invite's to the wiki to all the other Fallout sites out there as well, or is this just an NMA thing?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I actually purchased Fallout-Wiki.org and will be forwarding the domain to the wiki. Ausir, PM me your e-mail address so I can send you all the log in info & transfer the domain to you.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

As dedicated as you can get. Thanks for trying to settle this, Killzig.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

The drama worthy of RPGCodex.
NMA is clearly the guilty party here, though.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

I just want to add that I fully support NMA's anti-Wiki stance. It's crappy and I've hated the idea since day one, so viva la resistance!
------------------
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

NOOO!!!! YOU BITCH!!!

:cry:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Killzig wrote:I actually purchased Fallout-Wiki.org and will be forwarding the domain to the wiki.
Via Domain by Proxy? What are you, paranoid? :chew:
Aptyp wrote:NMA is clearly the guilty party here, though.
Always is.
DU wrote:I see that now. The real problem here is you.
Am I still warned? :D
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

This is childish.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

So, is the wiki dead yet?
------------------
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I doubt bethesda will actually use the wiki as anything "official", they will probably use it as a bit of reference then investigate themselfs. Hell, they might even just use the Fallout Bible because thats the only real official thing.

Just imagine if someone put something wrong on the wiki and bethesda used it then they have a messed up story or something. They wont trust us that much.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

That's why the idea is to put references for all facts stated in the wiki - it might not be there yet, but I'm working on it. See, for example:
http://vault.duckandcover.cx/index.php? ... ue#Sources
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Well I'm not too happy with Wiki either. Mainly because no one listens to what I say... D;
jiujitsu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jiujitsu »

In Soviet Russia the wikis archive YOU.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

In Soviet Russia, Jiu is head of DEA.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Ausir wrote:That's why the idea is to put references for all facts stated in the wiki - it might not be there yet, but I'm working on it. See, for example:
http://vault.duckandcover.cx/index.php? ... ue#Sources
------------------
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

SAINT YOURE THE MASTERMIND BEHIND THESE NMA ATTACKS! IT WAS SAINT ALL ALONG! HE'S THE SITH LORD WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Care to explain all this hating, Saint? D:
Our Host!