Follow more suggestions made in the trash can.

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Follow more suggestions made in the trash can.

Post by Megatron »

well the good ones anyway. And also instead of just 'pm me' or 'no' perhaps a bit more of an explanation after 2 pages of discussion. okay KOCK?!
:chew:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Banning people, if there's enough desire to do so on the community's part or some such chit, should be an actual posisbility.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

No.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Why not? The community should have some power. Ideally, DAC would be like Lord of the Flies.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Banning is the ultimate fuck-up. It's like saying "I can't affect it so I might just as well get rid of it".
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Well, you can just convince people to leave, I guess. Like hat_man.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

banning should only be used for people that spam naughty pictures all over the forum. All the other shit can be worked out.

I don't see why this is relevant though, unless something happened with hat_man and Worst Poster Ever? We should have like an info place for events that happen on the forums.

edit: i saw the other thread. Locking it prohibitated my rights to free information because if it wasn't locked I would of read it yesterday.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I don't think it can be worked out usually, as somebody who spams usually keeps doing it until something actually happens or the community just gets used to it.

It's not really relevant either. It just seems a bit dumb when you have a suggestions forum that most of the time the suggestions are denied and then the thread locked straight afterward. If you're going to lock it you could at least give an explanation mabye.

I can dig most of the suggestions aren't feasible. But how about having an active mod in GD who can get rid of all the hello threads? Or fix the merge threads button? Stricter modding of GD so it isn't The Wasteland -lite?
:chew:
DAC
Regular
Regular

Post by DAC »

atoga wrote:Well, you can just convince people to leave, I guess. Like hat_man.
Hey i thought you where hat mans freind, i guess he was wrong
Morrowind owns like aptyps mum because shes a whore
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Megatron wrote:It's not really relevant either. It just seems a bit dumb when you have a suggestions forum that most of the time the suggestions are denied and then the thread locked straight afterward. If you're going to lock it you could at least give an explanation mabye.
Okay, let's take a gander at what's been suggested in the suggestions forum:
  1. Close DAC. - On the surface, a stupid request to close DAC but actually a thread asking for something to be done about the annoying users. Something was. After it was, the thread continued with inane BS - it got locked.
  2. Interstitial ads?! - Went nowhere and is months old. Was answered "we don't have any" and locked.
  3. html - Stupid request for midi in threads by your deliberately annoying alt account. Request denied for clearly obvious reasons (annoyin alt account, sole purpose is to annoy people, midi's playing in threads are annoying - logic deduces you wanted to annoy people with midi's with your alt account).
  4. ban - News flash: We can't ban people even if we wanted to. There is ABSOLUTELTY NOTHING stopping anyone from registering another account once they've been banned. We can implement IP bans but they are generally a "bad idea" as they have a tendency (more often than not) to affect other innocent bystanders.
  5. Make spammers wasteland only - We already do, it's called the AssHat system. You all saw it implemented recently with hatman. Naked Lunch was warned in that thread and has kept the majority of his shit to The Wastelands since.
  6. General Gaming Description - Eh.
  7. Blargh's new avatar - What the fuck has this got to do with us? Besides, the avatar is teh funnee.
  8. DAC icon - We followed the suggestion and got an icon. Thread closed.
  9. Lockdown - The Wastelands exists for the shit at the bottom of the community to amuse itself. It's not getting closed.
  10. Can't login cant logout, stuck in a time warp please send he - Given there's been no posts in it since, one would presume the issue is resolved. The thread is locked because if someone has problems in the future, they can make a new thread, thus identiftying it as a new cookie problem.
So of those 10 threads, 5 of them (1, 2, 5, 8, 10) are cases where we "listened" to the thread and resolved the issue. 3 were denied (3, 4, 9), and 2 are still currently open (6, 7 - though one is likely to be implemented and the other denied. Guess which way that will go).

So of our case review, about 60% of requests are dealt with as per the users request and 40% are denied and explanations given - or explanations simply not deemed necessary (seriously, the cases where I don't give an explanation scream "obvious" as to why we may not be too concerned about the request and why it was denied). If there's ever an issue with a request of yours being locked and you really can't figure it out, PM me. It's that simple.
Megatron wrote:I can dig most of the suggestions aren't feasible. But how about having an active mod in GD who can get rid of all the hello threads? Or fix the merge threads button? Stricter modding of GD so it isn't The Wasteland -lite?
Right so, these were posted as suggestions in here when, exactly? If you seriously want these implemented, post new threads and give a good reason why. One liners and smilies get you no-where.

Besides, this is a suggestion forum. Not a whinge forum. We don't want to hear about users bitching about other users. This place exists for you guys to say "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if... I would like this because then I could...". It DOES NOT exist for people to keep posting "OMG ban somewun plz LOL!?" or "I just figured out a new thing we could add that would let me annoy lots of people at once so please implement it".

So, in answer to the query in this thread:
Megatron wrote:Follow more suggestions made in the trash can.
As explained, you can see we already do.
Megatron wrote:well the good ones anyway.
Good is subjective. The Administrators are the lucky ones who get to decide what's good and what isn't. This is often gauged by the user making the request, what the request involves, the purpose of the request and if it's what we want "DAC to be". Here's a tip: If you really, really want a request implemented, don't post bullshit in the request. It helps if you actually try and make a serious, valid case for your suggestion.
Megatron wrote:And also instead of just 'pm me' or 'no' perhaps a bit more of an explanation after 2 pages of discussion.
Explanations are given when deemed necessary. In most cases, reasonable explanations are given more often than not. If you don't feel you've had a reasonable explanation, 'pm me'.
Megatron wrote:okay KOCK?!
Okay LOCK.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Our Host!