Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Cuthbert Allgood
Regular
Regular

Post by Cuthbert Allgood »

I know where u sleep....

Yar , fuckin yar
"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Are you going to sail your pirate ship to the nearest port to him for some plunder?
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Cuthbert Allgood
Regular
Regular

Post by Cuthbert Allgood »

You bet>
"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

I come with ya! ARR TEH FUCKING ARR ARR!
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I have another thing that i think would be cool to have as an extra feature. Its ability to make skirmish fights and play am as hotseat combat. As in playing with several friends on the same pc aggainst eachother. So everyone moves his chars and than next player gets to move his and so on.
QuArK_909
SDF!
SDF!

Post by QuArK_909 »

Unbalanced skills and the ability to make a retarded character with them. It’s one of the things that made the original Fallout great, if you didn’t know what the fuck you were doing and you decided to invest in hand to hand combat instead of some kind of firearms your gunna get your ass mowed down by every raider with a nine until you get some decent armor. I also love how you can completely fuck up a character by giving him uncomplimentary stats/skill/perks, too many RPGs these days are so fucking softcore that no matter what you invest in you’ll be able to squeak by. Thats bullshit.
Thoth
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Thoth »

I'm extrapolating from Morrowind's engine here, because while I'm sure the Oblivion engine is much different, they aren't going to change some underlying aspects:

Morrowind's engine allows Plug-Ins, so that a character can save their game in an open field, quit, load a plugin, and load their game to be face-to-face with a giant building.

What if Oblivion's engine can load-unload plugins on-the-fly?

It'd eliminate the "travel through an impersonal dot" of the earlier games, while still allowing 'random' events to happen. One time, you walk past a certain flat area, and the game does nothing. Next time you walk past it, and there's Random Object X.
The human wheel is {?could be}
a metaphor for computer game {?time};

(circumstances are cyclical)

Fallout will return.
You must go to them.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

one thing for fallout3:
radioactive evil nazis
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

HAIRY DEATHCLAWS!!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Shaved deathclaws.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

saggy labia
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Flying Deathclaws who can talk Chinese and drive armored personnel carriers.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

FAT AND FLECHY SUPER MUTANTS THAT LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE A NORMAL SIZED HUMAN SKULL FOR A HEAD!
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Kalea
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Kalea »

My pet peeve with this game is that outrageous unadorned blue jumpsuit! I hated it! Still do! And always will! There were times when I just wanted to wear something different, you know? Like when you wanted to get romatic with someone to seduce them! How in the world could you ever get romatic in that thing! Put the stupid pip boy thingee on your wrist, kinda like a wristwatch! And then let the characters play dress up if they want to. Good grief! Who knows perhaps a gal in a sexy golden gecko dress was Horrigans weakness! Wouldn't that have been a kick!?
Old_Ralph
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Old_Ralph »

Since FO 3 will be using Oblivion's game engine, I think it's reasonable to assume that Radiant AI will somehow be included too, which would certainly be an awesome addition.

Although I'd be fine with some changes to some aspects of the character developement and such, keeping the SPECIAL system in place seems like a must.

One thing Id' like to see (and I'm sure a gang-raping for saying this is imminent), is a seemless, or at least, almost seemless, world ie: no world map. I think Beth could acheive that same sense of exploration and such as in the rest of the Fallout series without a world map. (Obviously, fast-travel would be a necessity. Maybe the player gets some sort of car or other transportation later in the game?) The only problem with this, of course, would be finding more ways to make the luck stat and Outdoorsman skill useful.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Seemless usually means no loading. If Morrowind is any indication you'll probably spend more time looking at "LOADING!" than you will at actual gameplay. Morrowind was absolutely awful in that regard. As far as a world map goes, its necessary because otherwise you get the kind of tedious as shit method of transportation that morrowind used. "HOP ON THE FLEA AND HEAD TO THERE TO GET ON A BOAT AND GO YONDER SO YOU CAN PICK UP SOME MUSHROOMS AND BRING THEM BACK HERE."

That also touches on what will probably be the most important part of the game.. The quest structure.

Here's a tip for you BethSoft.. if you have a global organization like the "IMPERIAL CULT" don't make me hop around the entire fucking world map to complete quests for them. MORE AREA SPECIFIC PLZ. I shouldn't have to hop all around Vwaertagraogaoriagland to get a god damned elven plate.

Make quests particular to the branch you sign up at.

If someone has a ghost infestation they'd go to their local branch to sort it out don't you think? Righty, HEY NOOB, this gent's got a ghost problem. Follow him to his house and sort it out for him.

And please, for the love of beer... stop wasting so much space. The wow factor of the expansive landscape really loses its luster when everytime I go up a hill its got to load the next region.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The LOADING PLEASE WAIT!-frequency depends a lot of if the view is isometric or 1st/3rd person, which probably will be the case in Fallout 3. Morrowind(and Ultima 7) had a large gameworld which definitely felt spectacular at first sight. Unfortunately, you spent most of the game time running between towns or searching for various stuff. A world map a la Fallout or Arcanum works well, in my opinion. Its sole purpose is to decrease the amount of time spent on transfers. Also, filling the gameworld so that it looks believable is a hell of a lot work.

Arcanum did well with hidden locations. Some were found simply by walking near them in the world map and of some you heard from nearby towns or from dialogue/gossip.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Old_Ralph wrote:no world map.
The world map was one of the most important things in Fallout. It was one of the most crucial elements in making the game so openended. You could go anywhere at anytime. Other RPGs like Baldurs Gate didn't have a world map, and they suffered because of it. Keep the World Map.
Last edited by King of Creation on Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Old_Ralph
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Old_Ralph »

I'll admit that without a world map there is the possibility that Bethesda COULD fuck it up like in Morrowind. (With constant load times between areas, and hell, everytime you walked into a goddamn house.) In the long run, I suppose it depends a lot on the new game engine. Hopefully Beth has learned a bit from its past mistakes.

I'm not 100% opposed to a world map, but if Bethesda was to use elements of Radiant AI in the game, it would work better on a world-wide scale (as it runs in Oblivion) that on an isolated system for each individual town/area.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Old_Ralph wrote:but if Bethesda was to use elements of Radiant AI in the game, it would work better on a world-wide scale (as it runs in Oblivion) that on an isolated system for each individual town/area.
Oh, and because of what reason has STALKER been delayed for the last couple of years? Or are you saying that the AI will suck if there's a world map? I rather want functional combat than NPCs doing fancy tricks like hiding behind a bush. In fact, the world scale has nothing to do with AI.
Our Host!