Very Important Questions

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

Would it be possible to just make them both on the same mission, and just changing the singleplayerspawn to the second when some cvar is triggered or something?the idea is the second 'version' of the map would be on the same level but just far away with no tiles in between so it wouldnt be possible to get there.in case of smaller maps anyway, a bigger one would require the multiple levels i guess.
Also about doors, is it possible to only make a door auto open for certain players/teams only?if so, how?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

You can build the map how you wish, but if you build different versions side by side you've got the camera boundaries to consider, you would need to block the second section off so if the player scrolled across they wouldn't be able to see it.

For the doors, you'd have to use the unlock, lock commands and have it set so they would be unlocked if a certain player or team is in the zone.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

Ah too bad bout the doors.but i think i can work around it.
Now i have an Extremely Importan Question that i just cant figure out: is it possible to have an item that is just in backpack, to give an effect, like increase stats, or skills?I havent found any way to get this to work, but i suspect i could use armors.but i hope theres another way.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Set up your door, set it to auto open/close and locked. Then set up a zone in front of the door and have a trigger with the condition team x has more than 0 alive in the zone, action unlock the door. Then it'll auto open when a particular actor is in front of it.

Of course you can use armours to increase skills and stats that's how power armour works. You wouldn't be able to do it with an item in the inventory, it would need to be equipped. The only item types we've found (IIRC) that'll increase certain stats and skills are lock picks and enhancers, tool kits and medical kits.
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

ye i noticed that about the lockpicks and such.
Can every race wear an armor?i dont think so but would it be possible with the entity editor?armors will work fine for what i have in mind, but i might need to limit it depending on which characters can use one.
Btw, thanks for all your help :)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Not every race, you can force armour on entities in the entity editor but I don't think that'll actually change their ac, dr/dt etc.

Forgot to mention for the doors, you could always just give only certain people a key and use the open door option for way points.
Izno
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Izno »

open door makes them open the door??i thought it would just show the animation?so punch would make them force attack?well even just the door is great!and make the key unlootable for the doors the player should never open.:)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Open door will make them open doors, I can't honestly say for sure if they will unlock a door though, even with the key.

The punch command is just for show, it doesn't initiate combat IIRC.
Our Host!