The Vault 57 campaign--->DM looking for players

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.

Does a campaign about pudding sound better?

Yes, it does in fact.
48%
no, this one sounds cool.
52%

Total votes: 29

Magik Hobo 4444
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

The Vault 57 campaign--->DM looking for players

Post by Magik Hobo 4444 »

Introduction
It's two years since the Master's defeat, and the Fallout world is getting back on its feet. The mutants wiped out most of the Hub, and the Kahns have found a new base. Shadt sands and Junktown are growing, and the people of Vault 13 are still arguing whether to stay or go. But you don't know any of this, cause you're still stuck in your vault, Vault 57, and it's still two weeks approx. till the door opens. Your job is to go out there, see what's up, and tell it to the Overseer.
Special-ness of vault
As most of us should know, the vaults were a giant conspiacy/experiment put on by the government (if you don't know, go beat Fallout 2). the vault under Necropolis was never sealed, one vault was left with a huge armory but no lock provided, some only one man/woman, etc. ect. The test here was subliminal messeging. A few months after the vault sealed, soft classical music began to play. Just music, no words. The citizens never found out where the music was coming from, but they never really tried anyway, since it was nice and soothing, and gave a 'refined' feel to their lives. Under the music, however, were the subliminal messeges. they basically consisted of stuff like 'kill' and 'purify by blood' and all kinds of other creepy things. The result? It gave the dwellers a slightly-snooty disposition, and the psychis of dry twigs. Needless to say, there have been alot of murders in the vault, and they have built a prison filling almost half a floor of the huge complex to contain the murderers. And it's all about to be unleashed on humanity.
Character Info/Mentality
The starting characters will be human vault dwellers, with possible secondary characters consisting of dogs. Others may be able to join later in the campaign if they wish to be another race. The vault characters' have some special traits that should influence their roplaying (you don't have to act this way, it's just background-ish stuff); due to the music and the subliminal messages, the characters should be upper-class acting, and have the Bloodthirsty trait. What is the Bloodthirsty trait? Well it's something I found in another PnP manual for Fallout, done by Mirjam Fetcher. It basically goes like this;
Bloodthirsty
Ok, if you have this, all you need to really know is that you hit harder (more damage), better (more criticals) and less (lower chance to hit). You have no real control over what you do, you just pick who to attack, and then you attack them using your strongest attack. Yoyu cant use items, run away, set up intricate battle strategies, or eat a doughnut. This happens when you shed someones blood in combat. You have to make blood come out, not just attacking them. So, you could smash someone in the chest with a sledge hammer, and not "shed blood". To exit this, you have to make a succesful INt check, temorarily losing an Int point till you pass out (0 int). You can stay in this craze as long as you want, but after all the enemies are dead, you will turn on your freinds and start wasting them. with a passion even.
Well thats about it, i hope to see some interest, and any feedback would be helpful.... unless its not.
Last edited by Magik Hobo 4444 on Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.
Magik Hobo 4444
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Ok, sorry about the 'rough draft' like crap that was on earlier, i edited it for length, grammer, and overall crapiness. Hope it;s a little easier to read now. :)
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

That sounds like a berserker!

Sounds like an interesting idea. Hard to make real friends in such an enviroment. There would always be a little hostility there.

You may need more of an incentive of just 'go out and look around.' How about a message has come through that another vault is planning an assault against your vault for control of supplies and possibly slaves (ofcourse the message is false and part of the experiment).
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Magik Hobo 4444
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

well, my ideah was that the characters would have branching quests after the initial scout around thingy (but that's a coo ideah, thanks!) like, 'go set up trade routes with [town that was found] to show were freindly' or, 'take this gizmo and try to find the best place for implementation of our G.E.C.K.'
and alot of others i have cooked up, that will sound more exciting. and these will be more exciting than they sound.
Something else i left out; the campighn will take place in the Fallout 1-ish area, but most likely youll have to travel all north and stuff. The location of the vault is soemwhere SSW of Needles on the cool map.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Tell us more.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
halberd_john
SDF!
SDF!

Post by halberd_john »

Sounds interesting! :shock: blood...
Magik Hobo 4444
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

More? Well, im not sure if im gonna include Las Vegas Needles and Quartz in the game, but ill prly include Darwin city. Of course, arroyo isnt there yet cause the dwellers still wanderin around. Im not sure if i should include the Enclave either. If so the'yll just be beginning to mine out the military base, to give you an ideah of where there at... Dunno, mabye if i had some specific questions... im not gonna answer very many about quests though.
And yes, i do have alot planned out, and i can wing it perty damn good too :p
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

So is this a feed back topic on a campaign you' re working on or are you planning on playing this campaign here? It might be a good idea, since there are still folks out here trying to get playing.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
Magik Hobo 4444
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Uhh, yeah im tryin to play it here. ive been playin it with my real-world freinds, and they seem to think its all kik azz an coo. i dunno, i just like DMing more than playing i guess.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

I'm the opposite, I like playing.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Magik Hobo 4444
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

hmmm..... i wonder if people would be more interested if this were about pudding...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

make that you have to roll a D6x20% of your special stats added up then divided by 4 and then times that by the square-root of 64xpi! IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!111
:chew:
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Well, if you' re planning on playing it here you should state it. DM looking for players or something. People might respond a bit faster to that. :?
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
Cuthbert Allgood
Regular
Regular

Post by Cuthbert Allgood »

sounds interesting enough, when do we start?
"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

We don't. Did you happen to check the fucking date?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Ehuehuehue, oh dear ! Cut the poor sod some slack, Ernest. Sometimes, sometimes, you're far too zealous. :drunk:
Syphon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Syphon »

I'm down for that, it sounds rather fun! What does the Char sheet look like?
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Oh dear.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

This campaign actualy might have been intersting...

Ah well, its dead.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Sounds good.... I want in. Tell me what Fallout PNP we're using or is this free form role playing?
Our Host!