The Modern Law of Sequels.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

The Modern Law of Sequels.

Post by T-900 »

They Are Nasty...

Two examples... Deux Ex 2: Invisible War and Thief 3: Deadly Shadows...

Both made by the same idiot, both using the same mutilated version of the Unreal Warfare engine, both games carrying the gameplay and fun of throwing gravel at pigeons because the developement time was spent on the Light Bloom effects. They both carried Havok Physics, allowing you to arrange human corpses artistically, while in the gameplay enviroment the ragdoll only served to make killing people embarassing because of how badly it was implemented... Also both bearing pointless subtitles. What is the purpose in their existance? They are the second and third games of series... Do they need cheesy titles?

I am fairly certain we'll soon hear an announcement about System Shock 3 being announced, and it will be done by the same group, on the same engine, and be just as bad...

*stares at the title of this forum... 'Fallout 3 and THE FUTURE'...* oh dear.

Recent sequels to old classics have been embarassments to all humanity... I hope bethesda have the sense to stick to what makes Fallout Fallout... It's style, primarily...

Even if it was bereft of all else Fallout, The third game could be redeemed if it continued with the style, dark humour, and atmosphere of Fallout... And the talking heads *grins*.

*prays to the dark gods for bethesda to have some sense*
Keeper of Dismal Paths
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Keeper of Dismal Paths »

i do not thnk that praying to the dark gods will help any. To be make it more (Chokes) playable on the console, it might move to first or third person camera. With that turn-based combat would be thrown out the door.

No, i doubt Syctem Shock will be done by Ion Storm, EA owns the rights to that game or was it Irrational Games.
" ... an obsidion knife screamed in a tongue he understood not, it's words violent, clear and distinct, tearing his breast and pulling him toward the dark thing which had risen from the shadows."
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Keeper of Dismal Paths wrote:i do not thnk that praying to the dark gods will help any. To be make it more (Chokes) playable on the console, it might move to first or third person camera. With that turn-based combat would be thrown out the door.

No, i doubt Syctem Shock will be done by Ion Storm, EA owns the rights to that game or was it Irrational Games.
First Person RPGs with isometric turn based combat aren`t impossible, they were quite popular once, here`s an example
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Ever heard of Doom 3?

I thought not.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Briosafreak wrote:First Person RPGs with isometric turn based combat aren`t impossible, they were quite popular once, here`s an example
I'm telling you, that game doesn't count as a true first person RPG, if only because it wouldn't be possible to port it to a console (due to the interface).
The Slaughter
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The Slaughter »

Console Suck man, simple. PC rox, i hope that you fricking americans don't do a game that need a Hyperturbo pc do play !!
But man, I hope we get Ron Parlman !!
Time to kick ass !!
Eu sou brasileiro, se vc me chingar, foda-se, seu americano retardado comedor de capim !!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Holy shit, you brazilian thug, go away.
Mr. Mouflon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mr. Mouflon »

the blokes who did system shock 2 are now doing one called 'bioshock' which sounds a bit vague and vapoury at the moment. Still, at least they had the sense to change the title instead of adding a numeral and an excrescent tagline.

Sequels are bad. We know this to be true.

Bethseda making FO3 is, in my opinion, fucking stupid. They're only limiting themselves as to what they can implement and whatever they come up with won't please the fans. Why don't they just come up with their own post-apoc setting and save themselves the trouble?
'Man is only man at the surface. Remove the skin, dissect, and immediately you come to machinery.'
-Paul Valery
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

Mostly save the 3 million bucks they had to pay for the licence.That's a lot of money to spent on a game that is dedicated to suck (unless they decide to keep good old isometric view,turn based combat etc etc).But thats not going to happen so it will just be 3 millions of sucking :drunk:
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Thats... thats alot of sucking.
Our Host!