Crashed Vertibird For FOT ..and a 1950's Wasteland SUV

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Crashed Vertibird For FOT ..and a 1950's Wasteland SUV

Post by xbow »

There are a few pixcells that showed up green due to my ineptitude and sloth in removing the fashing. I am making a new sprite in the morning that will eliminate this. If anyone wants the sprite/entity/description let me know and ill post a link to a zip. The shadow is being generated by invisible tiles under the bird.

Last edited by xbow on Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

*applauds*

Very nice!
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Barbera has a pretty smile........oh and nice vertibird. Looks real good.
Harriers for the cup.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Is the dead body a sprite as well? I did some tiles of the vertibirds (crashed and whole) a while back, but perhaps you could make a sprite of the whole one. Then we could make a vehicle using the vertibird sprite, it wouldn't be animated of course but you can still move around in a vehicle using an unanimated sprite (such as a container sprite) as long as the vehicle has HPs and APs which would be good enough to travel a short distance in. Say to enter a zone/exit grid so to leave a map in some style. :eyebrow:

Otherwise looks good, how did you do something that big in spray?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

I remember last year starting a map that was inspired by Blackhawk down, unoriginally titled: Vertibird down. Only problem was, I didn't have any vertibird sprites. Heh.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

If there is a size wall in spray I haven't found it yet. I thought there was when I started making those ICBM's, but it was just that spray won't display the whole sprite in its window if it is too large. I saved an ICBM that looked like it was chopped off, but when I looked at it in RedView all of it was there.

The vertibird. There is a slightly different angle in the isometric view of fallout. With a little time I could easily make a convincing vertibird that used vectored jets instead of blades in truspace5. I could even make 8 views of it that would perfectly match the isometric angle and the N,NE,E,SE,S,SW,W,NW angles in FOT. Now, as for how to make an animated sprite, thats beyond the realm of a mere pixcell pusher.

I also found that the volumetric bounding need not encompass the entire sprite what isnt in the bounding box is visible but etherial.

examples in spray and redview.

Burnov

Sounds like a cool mission if you want I could make a crashed Blackhawk helicopter.
Last edited by xbow on Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Wolfman

The girl with the nice smile is Patricia Tallman of 'Night of The Living Dead 1990'. She is a main character in a mission I made called NOTLDhouse. mis

Last edited by xbow on Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I have a sprite of a whole vertibird that was made about two years ago. I placed a bounding box around the entire object instead of around the body. Lemme know if anybody wants it. I'm thinking with a proper sprite editor it wouldn't be too hard to animate the rotors to make it appear working.
Last edited by Jimmyjay86 on Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

JJ86 all i can say is GIMMIE!!!!!
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

I need to find a picture of a 1960 ZIL a russian Limo that looked like a bigger badder 1958 chrome clad Buick. twould make a nice tile or sprite.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

cool
does this work
jc577
Regular
Regular

Post by jc577 »

Xbow I found a whole bunch of pics of 1960's
Zil russian Limo's.
Let me know where to send them or if you type in
on google" Images of a 1960 Russian Limo called a Zil. You should have pop up everything I found if not let me know and I'll get these to you.

There's also some other neat types of cars that I think would fit into the Fallout world nicely.

Chow jc577
Our Host!