How come I cant get my F.U.C.K. to work?

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

How come I cant get my F.U.C.K. to work?

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

I installed the fallout critter editer a.k.a. F.U.C.K. and every time I try to acces it it gives me this message saying: this program created an illegal operation and will be shut down. I cant get the fucking thing to work. :mad: Help please! :cry:
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Only two things come immediately to mind:

Make sure the PRO files you are trying to access are FO2 creature PRO files (from /proto/critters in Master.dat).
and
Copy over your FO2 proto.msg and pro_crit.msg (from /text/(english)/game ) into your Fallout Utility for Critter tinKering directory (overwrite the files that come with the program).

Hopefully one of those will fix your problem.
Outlander
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Outlander »

is it giving you a 167:???? or any number starting with 167 after a module, like kernel32.dll or something??? Or is it complaining about a missing file?
Jesus is dead! Get over it!
Genghis Khan
Regular
Regular

Post by Genghis Khan »

What does kernel32.dll actually do? Except really annoy people!
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

it makes my screen go to a blue screen and says it created an internal error and tells me to push any button, so i do and i go back to windows
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Kernel32.dll/exe (can't remember the extention) is the core of windows. Without it there is no windows...

When you get a crash in it it's usually because a program wrote memeory where it shouldn't of (so the program manages to make the kernel fault instead of just itself).
Our Host!