Interview with a Vampire...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Interview with a Vampire...

Post by Max-Violence »

Or, if you can't find a vampire, why not settle for a mapper?

I was thinking (noticed I said I was thinking...) that, with the re-launch of DaC, it'd be cool to have, in addition to a "map review" system/forum/whatever, an "Interview with a Mapper" forum/page/whatever on DaC.

I nominate OTB to be the first one of us interviewed, as (according to his website) the demo for his campaign will be available when DaC is "up and running again."

Of course, the biggest problem would be who would be the interviewer? I don't think it can/should be another mapper, but hell... I dunno. Just a thought.

What y'all think?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kreegle talked about doing exactly what you suggested a while back while we were still in GSI-land. You might consider broaching the subject w/him to see if he has the time/energy to do it.

I think you should go first, you prolific bastard! :mrgreen:

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

I was trying (somewhat in vain) to get a mapping site up and running with a jazz lounge theme back on the old DAC. Between lack of time and motivation, it never happened. :(

I'll put my hand up for interviewing, but that might seem kind of weird.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Talion
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Talion »

Section8 wrote:I'll put my hand up for interviewing, but that might seem kind of weird.
No kidding that would be weird. I can imagine the interviews already: "So, I'm a professional mapper who's made maps for retail games. How about you? Oh, just a few amateur maps? Well, I'm sure they weren't too bad." :D
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Section8 wrote:I was trying (somewhat in vain) to get a mapping site up and running with a jazz lounge theme back on the old DAC. Between lack of time and motivation, it never happened. :(

I'll put my hand up for interviewing, but that might seem kind of weird.
I think that would work as you'd know all sorts of "And how did you get around known problem X in your map?" type of questions and I've never seen you cop a "I've worked on a Fallout game and am therefore superior to you in every way" attitude on these boards.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Section8 wrote:I'll put my hand up for interviewing, but that might seem kind of weird.
I'm with Talion that this would be a bit weird, but - as Viktor pointed out - since you don't adopt a superior to thee attitude because of your job I think it would work.

Viktor brought up the fact that you'd know what technical questions to ask, but I would ask, "Who are we going to aim these things at?" Are we looking for something geared toward mappers, or toward a general audience?

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I would say a general audience, since that would include mappers, and it might attract viewers liking FO in general, as in "viewers coming just to see these reviews". Might happen, it's always interesting to read other people views on certain aspects of games and modding.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

The DAC style skin kept giving me an error, so I reposted and switching to SubSilver I noticed a triple post. sorry! OTB can you erase the last two?
Last edited by Flamescreen on Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talion
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Talion »

OnTheBounce wrote:I'm with Talion that this would be a bit weird, but - as Viktor pointed out - since you don't adopt a superior to thee attitude because of your job I think it would work.
I wasn't implying Section8 was going to be arrogant. That was a joke. I just think it would be weird for the interviewer to know far more about the subject (mapping) than the person he's interviewing. He'd be far more suited to be a consultant to mappers than an interviewer. And that would be cool, too.

Whats going on with the forums? I'm getting weird errors. I posted in another topic and the board doesnt seem to recognize it though the post is there.

Flamescreen: Please see your SP campaigns thread in the spin offs area.

- Talion
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Viktor wrote:I've never seen you cop a "I've worked on a Fallout game and am therefore superior to you in every way" attitude on these boards.
Unlike some people at BIS perusing the boards who didn't even work on a Fallout title :?...
Our Host!