Close The Wasteland?

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

What do you think?

Delete it. I won't spam the other forums when it's gone.
22%
Delete it, but I'll take up spamming the rest of the site
11%
Lock it and keep it as an archive for stupid threads like The Vats at NMA
11%
Keep it open
56%

Total votes: 18

Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

I'm not trying to get all "serious", but I do remember Teatime and others talking about how they wanted to broaden DAC's reader base and become more of a proper fansite, rather than just a wasteland (so to speak) of stupidity. The Wasteland serves a purpose, technically, but who with a functioning brain really needs to see more goatse, or worse? It's juvenile and, after a while, tedious.

Just my two cents, yo. Take it or leave it.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Righto, I'm leaving it then.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Nobody likes you. Shut up.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Are you implying that somebody actually likes you more than me? :drunk:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well DAC is doing pretty well, actually. Our traffic is constantly going up. The Wasteland caters to the more unsavoury part of the community. It has a big red warning on it, and the rest of the DAC forums are kept worksafe, and some intelligent discussion goes on in them. Until our traffic stops rising, I'll take it as a hint we're doing something right.

As for the new design, it's not a 'serious' design like you'd expect BBC news to have, it's fun and slightly camp I guess, just like Fallout. It does also allow the news to be closer to the top of the screen, and yes, if you don't like roaches, you may be put off. It seems to be a love or hate thing, but luckily the majority of people who have seen it love it.

Finally, when all of the new code and ideas we have are implemented, DAC will be a sight to behold in terms of user involvement and capacity for information on Fallout and PA stuff. I'm all for getting the community involved in the site, which is why we're opening up the news posting scripts for anyone to use (though has to be admin approved before posting on the front page), and the database as well will be able to be edited and updated by anyone who is registered.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Mr. Teatime wrote:It seems to be a love or hate thing, but luckily the majority of people who have seen it love it.
Lies, lies I tell you! Everyone hates it! Or at least should...
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

I like it. But then, I'm a fan of orange.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Subhuman wrote:Take it or leave it.
A certifiably skewed option, when your frequent reiteration of the same tired opinion means it is effectively forced upon others. :drunk:
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Nobody likes you, either.

And there's a difference between "reiteration" and "elaboration".
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Subhuman wrote:Nobody likes you, either.
Oh no, we have something in common !
Subhuman wrote:And there's a difference between "reiteration" and "elaboration".
Of course, but not in this particular situation. As you did not so much 'elaborate' as 'repeat yourself due to suspicions that no one was paying you enough attention'. Oh dear. Really, how could you elaborate on such a simplistic opinion as 'OMG, TEH WAESTLUND IZ TEH SCUK ! LOK !' ?

For your benefit, an excerpt of an accurate, objective, comparative and hopefully enlightening illustration of how flawed your claims of 'elaboration' are. I call it :

'Darryl is a twat - a study.'

Mr. G - 'The sky is blue !'
Mr. G - 'The sky is . . . really, really blue ! Look at it ! So blue !'
Mr. L - 'We . . . don't really care.'
Mr. G - 'Listen to me you guys, I'm saying the sky is blue. Why aren't you listening to me ? This is really, really important !'
Mr. H - 'I'm all out of flying fucks to share or to spare for this, you moron.'
Mr. G - 'But the sky is blue !!!!'
Mr. A - 'LOL your finger is bent !! Oh and shut the fuck up. No one cares.'
Mr. G - 'The sky ! Blue ! Sky ! Blue like the lips of a drowning victim! Surely you understand my point now ?'
chorus - 'DIE, YOU SLUT.'

---

et al. Anyway, you're completely and utterly biased beyond any hope of objectivity. Further and more importantly, you're completely and utterly wrong. How does that feel ? No different ? Ah, consistency, one thing you can be proud of. Hooray. :drunk:
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Blargh, just for kicks, try grounding your rants in reality. It makes you look like you know what the fuck you're talking about.
Blargh wrote:Anyway, you're completely and utterly biased beyond any hope of objectivity.
How? I'm biased how? See, it's not enough to just pick out random words because they make you look smart. You need to actually have a point.

Now WAIT! Stop! Don't write that witty, bloated retort you're just itching to post. Just respond to my point and keep it simple so we can both go home happy. Please.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

See...this is what we're talking about.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

King of Creation wrote:
Mr. Teatime wrote:It seems to be a love or hate thing, but luckily the majority of people who have seen it love it.
Lies, lies I tell you! Everyone hates it! Or at least should...
Well, we'll find out soon enough. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Our Host!