Graveyard of Broken Dreams

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:Damn OTB, I didn't know all those pseudo FO2 location maps existed. I haven't looked at any of it real hard yet, but I'm willing to bet there's enough to make some kind of localized campaign if some more parts of that region were made. I'd imagine Redding and Modoc would be needed to flesh out the worldmap.
I'm pretty sure I have some other "pseudo" maps laying around, and if so I'll post 'em later this weekend. I don't think I ever did Modoc or Redding, but I do recall having worked on Klamath.
Retlaw83 wrote:Probably go well with the Classic Fallout Weapons pack I'm working on using your FO2 sprites.
I'm glad to hear you're getting some use out of 'em.
Cheers,
OTB
PS How did an up-standing member of the FO community like myself ever merit the "Spammer" tile? :lol:
Hi OTB and all here

Sorry to bother you OTB again, but I tried to wrote you again email on address you sent me, but still I received some massages from mail system that address is dead or something. I sent you personal massage via DaC. Did you received it?

THX

BigTom

PS. SOME from PSEUDO FO MAPS I have allready use in Campaign Legion of Empire. Which is now some 10 maps past start.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Big Tom wrote:SOME from PSEUDO FO MAPS I have allready use in Campaign Legion of Empire. Which is now some 10 maps past start.
That's good to know. Glad someone's doing something constructive with them.

Okay folks, here it is:

I will be leaving on Jan. 6, '05.

Hammer and Menno would be proud if only they knew that I managed to not get stuck back in my old MOS, but rather am going in as an Infantryman (11X), although exactly what sub-type remains to be seen.

After 15 weeks of training, starting at Ft. Knox, KY and concluding at Ft. Benning, GA, I will be heading to Germany, where I have not been since '84, which was five years before the fucking Wall came down.

Until then I'll be fucking around with the editors, and may have a surprise to release to the FoT community, along w/unfinished material that the other modders are free to use in whatever fashion they feel fit to.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

These pseudo maps are great!!! thats some good tile-work. I cannabalized the whorehouse from New reno and am using it for a sidequest in my new map. Its just one less building I have to make from scratch. thanks alot as this really speeds things up for me. :joy:
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

Before you leave, I need that aircraft map, need is and understatement. That is the sweetest map I have ever seen and I would die for it.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Before you leave, I need that aircraft map, need is and understatement. That is the sweetest map I have ever seen and I would die for it.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Which aircraft map is that? Are you talking about the preview shot xbow posted of his aircraft carrier map? That's part of his campaing not one of the graveyard maps.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

oh crap really? Whats the campaign, maybe I could just take the map out of that.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

[HpA]SniperPotato wrote:oh crap really? Whats the campaign, maybe I could just take the map out of that.
Well I think he's still working on the campaign so it is highly doubtful that he'll give you the map before he finishes his own project. :eyebrow: Definitely if you are going to try and use a map that isn't part of the graveyard, you may want to email the map maker to see if it's ok. Some good MP maps that I have seen have the offense team storm the beach of Normandy to a pretty good effect. They actually start the team exiting from landing craft on a muddy beach. It would be cool to adapt such a map to SP play.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I think Potato wants to do the opposite, convert sp maps for multiplayer gaming.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

RFaS is right :D. I made a DDay map, its ok. Has some landing craft and a blown up one too. I also made a "taking red square" map and a bridge capture map. I'm trying to bring the WW2 Mod back to multiplayer so people can do other stuff.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Since OTB is off soldiering and Retlaw83 can't access the FTP for MV's Map Hub, I've submitted 6 maps for the graveyard over at NMA.

Missile Bunker

Monastery

Old Town

Squatter Town

The Ambush
ImageImage

The Caves

They still need a lot of work but with the dozen or so maps already in the Graveyard and the two generic vaults, some should have a good basis for a large campaign.

Generic Vault Maps

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

The Ambush and Oldtown are basicly the same thing. :giggle:

Wasn't it NeoZero who made the stuff you clipped for those or Zed.

Good job though, they look great :dance:
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

If you read the readmes Oldtown is a rebuilt Newton plus the PIP Boy special encounter, The Ambush started as two of the random encounter maps, same with Squatter town.

Old town is a lot bigger than the Ambush, I was going to make a tribal village in the top part of the map. With a load of crops and cattle pens in the park but once I've finished the WW2 campaign I probably won't do any more FOT modding. The Ambush was going to mainly concentrate on the tunnels and caves, but people can do what they want with it. Yeah both are similar but then the campaign was going to be mostly set in a single ruined city.

Any and all clips came from the main campaign, random and special encounter maps. Who's NeoZero?
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

NeoZero made some maps for FOT multiplayer, I don't think he's the guy that did the map you used. Although it is possible that someone took the random encounter and turned it into a MP map...
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Wow. Those maps look great Requiem. Especially the bunker and caves. My campaign needs a ton of caves and bunker-like places so those will help a lot.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

You can't really see them in the screenshot but the Ambush map has a lower section with some tunnels leading to a small section of caves as well.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Nice. I'll probably want to cut and paste your caves and make several variations.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Go ahead, that's basically what I did. (Hmm I swear I just posted that?)
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

PaladinHeart wrote:Wow. Those maps look great Requiem. Especially the bunker and caves. My campaign needs a ton of caves and bunker-like places so those will help a lot.
... But now I'd rather make do without them. Nevermind. :flamed:

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Suit yourself, but grow up. Do you think I won't use any of Indianos' tiles (if he makes any I like), even though he called me a thief?

Of course I will if that is what I need to finish my campaign.
Our Host!