Is my editor bugged?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Is my editor bugged?

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

It seems like tag names haven't been working too well lately and I wonder what's up. I make a key with the entity editor and assign it a tag name "Key1". Then I open the level editor, make a door with the same tag name and plop down the key in front of it. When the player comes round and picks up the key, it doesn't work.

Then I go back to the editor and place another copy of the key next to the other key, cept this one I key in the tag name "Key1" in the entity edit. This key now works. I am tearing my hair out cause none of the tag names is working.

Should I reinstall the editor?
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Well, just to be sure, make the Display Name, Tag Name, and File Name all the exact same and make an entry for the key in your items.txt or speech file, and see what happens. If it still wonn't work... reinstall the game and the editor.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Perhaps you need to do this entire process in the level editor, and the entity editor doesn't count that much. Also you might want to check if(probably not) there is an "overide" box ticked somewhere, like what you do in the level editor with entities holding weapons.
Our Host!