The Ressurected Stevie D Thread

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:A single hit from a radscorpion on an averag unarmed tribal (ST4, EN5, PR25%) will take 6-8 minutes to pass through it's system and do roughly 16hps damage for the intial strike and an additional 16 odd points in poison damage. Obviously the more poison in your body the longer it takes to dissipate. The poison drug gives you 150 poison points and takes over half an hour RT to dissipate. So if you want the poison effects to last longer tailor the damage to what level you expect the character to be at that point in the game.
Hmm, that's the problem. Ideally, I'd like an attack that causes small amounts of damage but never-ending poison. Not to worry, though.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I wonder if it's possible to get an actor to attack the player with the poison drug? Nah never mind, perhaps the way to do that is to have your players with really low poison damage resistance and threshold. That way they wouldn't take much damage from the actual attack but should be vunerable to the poison. Plus poison is accumulative so if the player gets poisoned several times the poison should take longer to work out of their system.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

So say I want to make a 'poisonous punch' for example. Do I simply create a new punch entity which causes poison damage, and then equip it, like a normal, hand-held weapon into the character's weapon slot?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

If it's for an enemy basically yes. Don't forget to untick lootable under the collectable tab.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:If it's for an enemy basically yes. Don't forget to untick lootable under the collectable tab.
Excellent, thanks.
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

OnTheBounce wrote: I set up a consumable that is supposed to lower the consumer's Jet Addiction stat. I've tried all sorts of negative numbers, but it's no dice. The funny thing is that taking it while not being addicted to Jet actually addicted the character to it!

The other problem is that you need some sort of way of not turning the Jet Antidote into Elixir of Life that raises stats even for those w/o Jet Addiction. I tried entering a 1 under "Jet Addicition" in the Requirements section. No dice. What it was was a potion to raise your ST and PE by 1 each and also your Max AP by 2...permanently...

Has anyone had any luck w/this issue?

Cheers,

OTB
The editor is weird, but I think I have solved your first problem.

Jet antidote.
All effects disabled except for addiction, which is enabled for 8760 hours with 100% chance.

Addiction effect
+1 S & P and +2 Max APs (unfortunately this is Elixir of life style)
-1 afterburner addiction in chems
-2 for action points in actor status

That removes the tag and counteracts the equal permanent penalties for jet addiction. This should mean that they have to keep taking jet to keep their stats up, or get the antidote. But it would still have the problem of giving a non-addicted person bonus'. But then again, that should be rare, and you could even introduce a penalty to discourage it.

I hope that my system works for you, but I don't have time to test it thoroughly.

PS. Addiction is measured in real time.
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

quietfanatic wrote: Jet antidote.
All effects disabled except for addiction, which is enabled for 8760 hours with 100% chance.
Guys if you want permant addiction for jet and a permanent antidote, forget the quadzillion hours but just set the addiction to 0 minutes 100% chance and then under the addiction\attributes tab untick is temporary effect. This will give you a permanent change.
quietfanatic wrote:-1 afterburner addiction in chems
You know I tried that but with -10 since most drugs give 10 addiction points, then -100, -1000 but it never occured to me to try -1. Hmm it only works with -1 not -2, -3 etc. Well done.
quietfanatic wrote:PS. Addiction is measured in real time.
Addiction is measured in RT but it's not accumaltive, but concurrent, so if you take afterburner, and when you get the addiction tab take another to counter it you should get a second addiction tab which will countdown seperately. This also means you'll need an antidote for each instance of jet a player has taken.

As to stopping a non-addicted player abusing the antidote play about with the overdose points.
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote: You know I tried that but with -10 since most drugs give 10 addiction points, then -100, -1000 but it never occured to me to try -1. Hmm it only works with -1 not -2, -3 etc. Well done.
I thought that the addiction stat would be an on/off thing, so I used -1. But, as far as I could see, it was actually the combination of changing something in Actorstatus (I used current hitpoints) as well, that actually got it to work. Could I drop that actor status thing then, as you say its unnecessary?
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

quietfanatic wrote:I thought that the addiction stat would be an on/off thing, so I used -1.
Sod it you're right, all the drugs that have an addicition effect just have 1, I must of been thinking of the poison points, as I had just been mucking about with that. No wonder I couldn't get it to work. :bang:

quietfanatic wrote:But, as far as I could see, it was actually the combination of changing something in Actorstatus (I used current hitpoints) as well, that actually got it to work. Could I drop that actor status thing then, as you say its unnecessary?
Yeah, the only thing I changed in the actor status was the -2 APs but it works without even doing that.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Quickfire question: can the standard FOT APC fit through an open generic wirefence gate? (you know the one)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

It should be able to, the vehicles can fit a lot of places you wouldn't expect.
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

Stevie D wrote:Quickfire question: can the standard FOT APC fit through an open generic wirefence gate? (you know the one)
I haven´t been here a while but what will be benefit for you from this action? Do you have some plan for this? :hahano:
Sorry for my Barbarian English, because I am Barbarian
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Big Tom wrote:I haven´t been here a while but what will be benefit for you from this action? Do you have some plan for this? :hahano:
Why did the Chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. :evil_laugh:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

quietfanatic wrote:Addiction effect
Doh! Why didn't I think of that?!

I've been trying to get the Antidote to negate the Addiction by using the Primary Effect. I didn't think to use the Addiction...

Requiem, I'm not really interested in using this in a game/mission, so while your idea of "proto-Jet" is interesting/workable, I was simply trying to see if this could be done since I'd worked on getting the Chems straightened out earlier this year. (Made nifty ZAR versions of the addiction FRMs that weren't included in FoT, etc.)

Cheers for the help guys.

OTB

PS Regarding "Withdrawl" I noticed that drugs could be set to put an actor into it, but I saw no effect to it. I think this is something that wasn't ever completely implemented, but I wouldn't swear to it. I'll do some more checking one of these nights and let you know.
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Big Tom wrote:
Stevie D wrote:Quickfire question: can the standard FOT APC fit through an open generic wirefence gate? (you know the one)
I haven´t been here a while but what will be benefit for you from this action? Do you have some plan for this? :hahano:
I'm making a map where the player will have to fight hard on foot to reach an APC. If they get it, by the time they do, they should have found the key to a generic wirefence gate, which is all that stands between the APC and the open road!
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Agh! Nightmare.

You know those map regions, the one with the blue-line boundaries. I've mapped too far in the wrong direction - south. I've tiled right up to the very edge of the map boundaries. No matter how many extra regions I add on, they're tacked onto the north end of the map.

I need to extend far, far beyond the current southern boundary. Please help!
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

There are three ways you can do it, go edit\select all and then control c. Under select (F1) save your map as a clip, taking note of the highest level you've placed a tile so you know your insertion height. Then create a new map, set the grid resolution to 6 (snap to grid in other words) and go to your insertion height on the level bar. Then place your clip so you have the room you need.

If your map is really big, or very complex it might not save as a clip if that happens you'll get an error message when you try to load the clip. If this happens select all then set your grid resolution to 9 (press 9 on your numberpad) and then holding down control use the arrow keys to move your map so you have more room. This is very slow though and only moves your map a square and a half at a time.

Otherwise the only thing you can do is cut your map up into small sections and save as clips which you'll have to join back up in a new map.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:There are three ways you can do it, go edit\select all and then control c. Under select (F1) save your map as a clip, taking note of the highest level you've placed a tile so you know your insertion height. Then create a new map, set the grid resolution to 6 (snap to grid in other words) and go to your insertion height on the level bar. Then place your clip so you have the room you need.

If your map is really big, or very complex it might not save as a clip if that happens you'll get an error message when you try to load the clip. If this happens select all then set your grid resolution to 9 (press 9 on your numberpad) and then holding down control use the arrow keys to move your map so you have more room. This is very slow though and only moves your map a square and a half at a time.

Otherwise the only thing you can do is cut your map up into small sections and save as clips which you'll have to join back up in a new map.
Son of a bitch, I just realised that I'm going to lose all the entities I put in!

Thanks, Req. As it happens, I'm au fait with all those methods, I just hoped there was a more convenient solution. Incidentally, it's possible to click on the grid resolution box and type in a large multiple of 6, like 72, so you can jump many squares at a time, whilst remaining snapped to the grid.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Hmm I never knew that, I know about the 99 for random placement but it doesn't seem that random to me. Cheers I shall try that out.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Well, I bit the bullet and did the deed. Gonna be a pain in the ass to put all those entities back in, but luckily I hadn't gone into too much detail in that respect. I should now have all the room I need to play with.

But I wanted to ask: what was that 99 random thingie in the grid resolution box you mentioned?
Our Host!