Should DAC cover MMORPGs?

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Should DAC cover MMORPGs?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 22

Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

Manga and Fallout are artistic styles, which have nothing to do with the Role Playing Game factor of what RPGs actually are. I thank you for your time.

At least call it a MORPG rather than a MMORPG for god's sake.
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

yea maybe thats better name for it. only reazon i call it mmorpg is coz server engine i am using suports thousands of players online. and game engine is used on pay to play servers with 250000 active accounts. but this mod only uses that technology. rest is what you make it to be. you can make server with players only being humans or give em option to pick races like death claw and mutants. its pretty much about how much your willing to spend time rescripting the server engine. but its not hard. there is thousands of tutorials out there for it. it took me 2 days when i wanted to host my own ultima online server to learn how it works and how i can make my own weapons and minable materials in it. and in 1 week of being online i had 300 active accounts and 20 players online when most crowded. fun part was that everyone knew everyone and i made custom map with only 1 town 1 mine and 3 dungeons. so when there was 20 players online it really looked like lots in town.

in this fallout mod version of it its 1 town in midle and extremly humangous wasteland around it. if u exit town without pipboy you are for 100% sure going to get lost. its so big that you will have to walk for 10-20 minutes before you meet anything in it. unless u actually know where npcs your looking for are. but not even that will help you if admin puts npcs to go 1000 tiles away from spawn point in random direction.

there is allso another big reason why you cant call it MORPG, hance MORPG is games like diablo 2. in this game you can actually build your own house on one spot and it will stay there on same place. so when you buy a house your char owns that part of wasteland on that server. and you can turn that house in to storage house or in to shop where you can put all stuff you looted in wasteland for sale and price it. than the shop sells the stuff for you to other players that pass your house even if your not online. entire world is saved on the server pc so there is no way like in diablo to edit your char and conect to a server. and you cant play the same char on different servers.
Our Host!