Fallout 1 Cheat-Boy.

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Fallout 1 Cheat-Boy.

Post by Corpse »

Ok, the Cheat-Boy is finally finished, you can pick up a copy from the link below.

Zip includes the Fallout End Game patch as well as NXRV's EndGame Patcher.

http://www.freewebs.com/herrleiche/mods ... _V1_1.zip

Have Fun!!
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Version 1.1a has been uploaded to NMA files section.

This version fixes a bug in the 'Spawn Critter' function that crashed the game when spawning super mutants.

To go to the NMA files section, click on the link below.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... &cat_id=11

Have fun!

Da Corpse
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

For anyone who gives ARA, version 1.2 of the Cheat-boy is ready.

It's got some new features and enhancements that I am sure modders are going to find useful.

You can pick it up from the link below.

http://www.freewebs.com/herrleiche/mods ... _V1_2.zip
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I don't have FO or FO2 installed.....

What is Cheat-Boy?
SpellTrap
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by SpellTrap »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:I don't have FO or FO2 installed.....

What is Cheat-Boy?
This mod wlll allow you to modify your character as well as perform various other cheats ingame. Includes 'End Game' patch as well as NXRVs EG patcher.
This Mod will require a fresh start to work, saves from previous versions will be incompatible.
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of Radaway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 jumpsuit. Let's hit it."
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I got that from NMA...I'm wondering what exactly it does...Like a good description.
SpellTrap
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by SpellTrap »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:I got that from NMA...I'm wondering what exactly it does...Like a good description.
Hmmm....now that I actually stop and read it, you're right: that is very vague. Mention of a 'Spawn Critter' function certainly suggests versatility, though.
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of Radaway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 jumpsuit. Let's hit it."
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

To answer your questions the Cheat-Boy is a new item you start with in the game; using it on different targets (your character, NPCs, scenery or walls) brings up a dialog with conditional options to perform various cheats.

It is versatile because it gives you the flexibility to create new items or spawn critters ingame, in case of the later you can even assign the script you want the critter to be spawned with, so if you are a scripter and have any NPC script you want to test, you can do it through the Cheat-boy.

I included 5 new scripts for recruitable NPCs with the mod; this are preset in the 'spawn generic NPC' function and can be assigned to any critter; there seems to be a limit to the number of party members you can take, the maximum seems to be 20, you will still be able to recruit more NPCs if you are over your limit but as soon as you leave the map, any excess party members will be removed and will remain in your previous location.
SpellTrap
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by SpellTrap »

Coolness! :clap:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Wow...That sounds...Awesome.

I'm going to install FO after I finish these book reports. Awesome stuff, Corpse.
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

20 TEAMMATES?

That's not a party that's an army!
Error! I suck balls.
Duck and Cover doesn't... always.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Any plans for a FO2 version?
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Glad you guys like it, I am working on the FO2 version which will have all the features of my previous FO2 cheater included.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I rather enjoyed giving a Brahmin a lot of random guns. Unfortunately FO1 is virtually unplayable on my system.

Looking forward to the FO2 version.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

Personally I love cheatboy for fallout 1 and I'm currently using it in my fallout 1 game.

However I noticed certain things with the NPCs.

Do they change appearance when they use armor?

Can they use armor?

Failing the first question. Would be it be possible to add an option in cheatboy to manually change the appearance of existing NPCS to reflect their armor they're wearing?
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Burnov wrote:Personally I love cheatboy for fallout 1 and I'm currently using it in my fallout 1 game.

Can they use armor?

Failing the first question. Would be it be possible to add an option in cheatboy to manually change the appearance of existing NPCS to reflect their armor they're wearing?
I made a patch where Ian, Katja and Tycho were available in some different armours; but I am not sure if I included it in my last release.

They can wield armours but they don't seem to get the resistance bonuses; also the NPC controls where you equipped them are not available in FO1; you can only make them wield armour with a dialog script.

As to change their appearance, I haven't found an opcode to do it; in FO2 you can do it through one of the metarules but that metarule is not present in FO1. The way I worked around it is by creating different prototypes of the party members with the attributes and FRM of their corresponding armours, then I scripted the prototype switching so they appear to change armour.
Say for example you give Ian a suit of Combat armour: you get an extra dialogue option where you ask him to change his armour. This activates a timed procedure on Obj_dude, which places the "Ian in combat armour" prototype, moves the inventory from the old Ian to the new one and removes him. Of course this happens so fast you barely notice it.
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Burnov wrote:Personally I love cheatboy for fallout 1 and I'm currently using it in my fallout 1 game.

Can they use armor?

I made a patch where Ian, Katja and Tycho were available in some different armours; but I am not sure if I included it in my last release.

They can wield armours but they don't seem to get the resistance bonuses; also the NPC controls where you equipped them are not available in FO1; you can only make them wield armour with a dialog script.

As to change their appearance, I haven't found an opcode to do it; in FO2 you can do it through one of the metarules but that metarule is not present in FO1. The way I worked around it is by creating different prototypes of the party members with the attributes and FRM of their corresponding armours, then I scripted the prototype switching so they appear to change armour.
Say for example you give Ian a suit of Combat armour: you get an extra dialogue option where you ask him to change his armour. This activates a timed procedure on Obj_dude, which places the "Ian in combat armour" prototype, moves the inventory from the old Ian to the new one and removes him. Of course this happens so fast you barely notice it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Last edited by Megatron on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

:chew: ALERT ALERT ENTER YOUR HOMES :chew:
:chew:
Our Host!