FO3 Unofficial Intro

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

FO3 Unofficial Intro

Post by Mismatch »

War.
War never changes.
The true horrors of war lie not in the battlefield, but in it’s consequenses. The starving child awaiting death in the cold company of it’s dead parents. The plagueridden corpses of men, twisted beyond recognition by the disease. Dead cities, broken windows gaping empty, hiding nothing but the destruction beyond, all accompanied by the smell of death.
Cannibalism, starvation, disease, the consequenses are many.
In this case; Darkness.
A darkness embracing the earth, gently rocking into silence, while radiation did its silent task killing many of the survivors.

Few survived, aided by the vaults;
vast underground complexes, equipped to support life for generations and ensuring the continued existence of humanity and its knowledge.

As the vaults opened, a barren wasteland greeted he survivors who began their task of repopulating the known world. To assist them in this task they had the G.E.C.Ks, Garden of Eden Creation Kits, designed to help rebuild what was lost.
However, all was not well. A being called the Master sought to end all wars and humanity itself, transforming humans into hideous Supermutants.
Tales tell of a vaultdweller, a person originating from one of the vaults, noble and fearless enough to face the master, ending the life of the creature and bringing the threat to an end.
What became of the Vault Dweller no one knows. The inhabitants of one of the northern tribes claimed to be the descendants of the Vault Dweller and those who followed him, and it was from this tribe someone was sent into the wasteland to save the village.
But in the end, this someone saved not only the village, but humanity itself as he unmasked a leftover of the old world. The enclave, a organization bent on preserving the purity of humanity by killing all with a compromised genetic profile. With the mutations resulting from the radiation, this meant virtually everyone. Had the Enclave's plan succeeded, humanity's population would have numbered in the hundreds instead of millions.

Many years have passed since this. But still humanity is at its knees, struggling for life in the desolate waste. The scars are still present, and the wounds that were inflicted were not only to humanity, but to the Earth itself.....
Just thought I'd post it here...
Maybe It can spark something FO3 related somewhere....
or mebbe here even.
edit:
so, to clarify, this is meant as some sortta start of a FO3 intro discussion...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You wrote it?
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Being written by a fan, I thnk it loses some credibility.

And cut out the GECK parts. They suck.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Being written by a fan, I thnk it loses some credibility.

And cut out the GECK parts. They suck.
You're quite the little asslogger huh,
pee-face

I didn't put it here for judgement, more as a thought starter, what should they have in the new intro? (Apart form war, war never changes. Thatpart must be in it)
How much of the previous games should be included, what should be revealed?
How in depth should it be?
Should it be told by someone possesing all facts or more like a myth or summit, a tale passed on for generations..?
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Interesting idea, this deserves more thought.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I always felt like "War never changes..." because human nature never changes was the main theme of the intro. It really sets up that stark, nihilistic mood of FO.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I'd just keep the original Intro, drop all the history, and add a short little thing about the player's whereabouts. Keep it simple, asshole.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Our Host!