Grim Fandango thingy

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Grim Fandango thingy

Post by PiP »

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post this here and not at some other boards, but at least here I know I can find some reliable people.

It's that I'm a wee bit stuck and two nice walkthroughs are not helping me out.
I'm trying to get the metal detector from the cat-poo pool in Rubacava.
The walkthrough says "use scythe on the litterbox", the other one says "use scythe on the sand". So I used my scythe in each of the two places in that litterbox of sand where Manny gazed. He swings the scythe a few times, there's a funny noise, and nothing happens. How do I get this bloody metal detector? (I also tried to tell Manny to "pick up" when he gazed at those places, but he merely laughed sarcastically)

Anyone able and willing to help?
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

It's been awhile since I finished it and I currently don't have it installed. The controls are a little finicky so you may have to try things in several different ways. I don't honestly remember that part either.....
PiP

Post by PiP »

thanks anyway. And yeah, controls are the single thing that sucks in this game. Sucks hard.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I know you need the metal detector before getting the thing in the catbox. I'm not sure where the metal detector thing is but maybe that cop lady who wants to search manny with her scanner? Its been awhile. It may also be the part where you have to solve the date for when that cat died or some shit then say something to the gambling person.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

After Carla throws the metal detector into the cat litter, you should be able to get it with the scythe. I have no idea why you're not able to do it.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
PiP

Post by PiP »

thanks Role Player. Beats me ass well.
Our Host!