[ROE] spawn point.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Maybe Macromedia Director. I never delved into movie edition, so I dunno much about it either.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Sure... no problem... I got some 40 MB's free and since I get sponsored by a Hosting Company for a few other projects I might be able to get some more if I use my charming little face :eyebrow:
Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tc63 »

try MGI video wave, thats what i used.

Ill help if you want
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Double check your spelling, plus a lot of things in FOT are case sensitive so make sure you've used capitals in the right places (same goes for your problem with the character triggers). Also if you've made changes don't forget to re-import them into the campaign editor.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Already tryed everything... I fixed the World Campaign Map but the character Trigger problem still remains.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey Tc63... I'd really like your help... Contact me on MSN: Snakediablo@hotmail.com

Or send me an e-mail to the address and we can talk through some details... I'm not that good with video anyways... And if you have experience with it... I'd rather let you do it.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Map Height Problem

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Hey,

I've downloaded this map that was based on the Sierra Armor Depot from FO2 I think... But the building runs down alteast 4 stories down and the editor doesn't allow me to go further down then "18" and I can't even place tiles or entities on the 2 lower levels because they are based UNDER "18"

Does anyone know how I can let the editor also go further down so I can use the map and place tiles and entities on the lower floors ?

Please let me know,

Greetz,

Snake

Post by Guest »

Go to the level bar and left click and hold. While holding the left mouse button down, hold the space bar down. While doing this, move the cursor up and down to change the position of level "zero". Repeat as necessary.

BTW, can you send me that map?
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Ok thanks... I'll work it out.

I'm using the map as a replacement for the failed Bunker Map I was talking about earlier, maybe if someone can fix the failed map, I might use that for another Bunker but I'll go with this one now, I've started the Trigger work, the decorative tiles and entities and I've started working out the Bunker characters.

It's still hard to edit the map with the way you directed me but it's better then nothing, so I'll figure it out.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

[Roe] Snake wrote:I'm using the map as a replacement for the failed Bunker Map I was talking about earlier
If you're talking about the character trigger problem you're having why not just delete the broken trigger until you can work out what the problem is, rather than start over with a whole new map. If you get to the stage where you want the same thing triggered and still haven't solved the problem you'll just have two defunct maps.

As for working on multiple levels, don't forget to make good use of the view tiles only on current level function, the reveal cursor function, the roof/floor popping functions and hiding levels by right clicking on the level bar.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

No it's not the Trigger problem... the map is just screwed up... it's way to much work to fix it and I don't have the mapping skills to fix it myself... So I'm looking real good mapper who can finish the map.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Fallout Tactics: Rules Of Engagement

Post by [Roe] Snake »

------------
Storyline:
------------
It's been months after the war against the machines, the calculator has been destroyed, together with all it's machines. The campaign against the robots have decreased Brotherhood Of Steel troops, many have left to start a new life, believing that after the destruction of the robot leader they don't have to worry anymore... How little do they know when suddenly an old player comes back to claim it's price.

The Brotherhood Of Steel is trying to find resources, materials & equipment to become stronger & to once again build up their forces, gain control, establish & stabilize living conditions in the wastelands.

The Raiders have been keeping themselves low, not because they fear the Brotherhood so much, they seek new ways of gaining control, establish their own territory but so far Raider forces have not been active in Brotherhood regions. Little is known about their activity's and scouts have not been able to locate any of their hide-outs.

The mutant army is gaining a lot of strength, they to have suffered loses but as always, they have the strength to survive, almost every mutant that applied to the Brotherhood has left after the destruction of the Calculator. The higher ranks inside the Brotherhood has brought much discussion about un-pure blood among their ranks. The mutants are pretty much to themselves, while being kept under 24/7 surveillance, they don't seem be active in any aggressive movements.

The Reavers have not shown themselves ever since the weapon deal they made with the Brotherhood months ago. Although the Brotherhood has been searching for any possible locations, so far they have failed to pick up any sign of them. While two former Reaver soldiers are currently fighting along side with the Brotherhood, it's uncertain if any Reavers are still active. Their main base of operations was hit by a strong and deadly mutants attack, just before the Calculator was destroyed... Ever since, no sign of Reaver activity.

--------
Stage 1:
--------
Mission01: Finished
Mission02: Finished
Mission03: Finished
Mission04: Finished

--------
Stage 2:
--------
Mission05:
Mission06:
Mission07:
Mission08:

--------
Bunkers:
--------
Bunker 1: 75%
Bunker 2:
Bunker 3:

-----------
Features:
-----------
Lot's Of New Weapons & Items

--------------
Characters:
--------------
We're working on different kinds of ways to bring characters in the game and along the story closer together, more interaction with NPC's and more relation with BOS characters, we wish to introduce the options of not always being able to fight with your picked team, we want to force the player to also have to addept him/herself to certain situations where other characters play an important role...
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

I've started with this Campaign / mod a long time ago, the team left me with very little and since I am not a mapper myself I am stuck with mapping...

I am looking for mappers who can help with the final maps that need to be finished.

If you are interested in working on this mod, please let me know, I need mappers very badly, the rest is all been taken care off...

Please... someone...

Greetz,

Snake
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

I am not a mapper either, and am trying my own campaign. How much work do you have left?
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

4 campaign maps + 2 Bunker maps and some work on coding and characters and stuff like that...

4 maps is not that much, it can be done with the right people...

I'm putting on the website now, it's been offline for a while, you can reach it on:

Http://www.clanimpulse.com/fotroe

The Team that is displayed on the "About Us" page isn't there anymore, I just left them on to pay tribute to their work they did so far...
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

[Roe] Snake wrote:4 campaign maps + 2 Bunker maps and some work on coding and characters and stuff like that...

4 maps is not that much, it can be done with the right people...

I'm putting on the website now, it's been offline for a while, you can reach it on:

Http://www.clanimpulse.com/fotroe

The Team that is displayed on the "About Us" page isn't there anymore, I just left them on to pay tribute to their work they did so far...
yo !

glad to know that u are progressing with your mod. can't really help u , mi not a mapper , but if u need any description for any guns , i will be most willingly to offer my help . : )
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Mappers... That's what I need... the rest is all been done :)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Learn to do it yourself, it isn't hard to put 2 tiles together, then another 2 and so on and so on it's not like trying to make a map for a FPS where you've got to make virtually everything and then apply textures. At least in FOT you can clip a lot from the main campaign which saves a lot of work, one of my maps is virtually entirely made of clips.

If you can't be bothered to learn make your own maps then cut down the story and release what you have got so far. I don't know why you bothered starting your own campaign in the first place if you can't make your own maps.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I don't have time for mapping, but I am willing to clean up the English in the documentation and .txt files.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I made two maps for you that don't seem to be on the list; the prison and the airport. I also said I would always be available to help but not on a tight schedule. I'm still available to help on a limited basis but I've got my own project that I'm working on solo among other things.
Our Host!