Hey who here runs into trouble with their gaming groups

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Hey who here runs into trouble with their gaming groups

Post by Janus Matchell »

I started running a PA pnp instead of my normal Shadowrun game and all of a sudden my players were like hell no we won't play. Which in turn made my veterans leave the group because they don't like politics. So now we went from a happy group of about 12 players (me included) to about 4 players. I really don't know what I did wrong because they seemed enthusiastic about rping in a PA setting. I worked on it the campaign for the better part of a week. I just don't know what went wrong.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Oh and by the way I am perhaps one of the most lenient gm's there ever was but that doesn't make me a pushover as I can crush munchkinism before it starts. And before I forget what does SDF mean?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Some dumb fuck. With a '!'.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeh, I hate big groups.

I never play with more than 5 person total.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

The most I've played with is 8, but that was for Cthulhu Hallowe'en madness with a big pot of money involved (yeah, I'm a loser).

Usually I play with only 3-4, and my group members are usually lazy fucks, so it's usually only 2-3. I prefer it that way, though, it's more personal - which seems to help a lot for horror games like COC.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I remember the Dark Jedi Academy : falloutish - thingy... Somewhat 20 people posted and it sucked sloppy donkey dick.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Wow thanks alot guys. It turns out that the noobs in my group hate me so I kicked them and let them form there own happy group. The veterans want to play and the people who are just kind of there went on back to normal Shadowrun. So at the moment I have a group of about 5 people (including myself). Goodtimes. As of late we have been having a blast they so far have managed to pissoff the slavers, and a few other small communities with their wasteland antics. So when next time we game rolls around there they will be stuck between a nuke and ground zero. :clap:
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Good call on letting the group go down in size, I don’t much like big groups myself. All the inside jokes and inter-character hilarity just doesn’t happen when you get much more than 6+. Its hard to scare a big group too, where as in a group of three our DM had us quite literally jumping at shadows. Mood music helped, of course.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

yupo

Post by Janus Matchell »

CloudNineGT wrote:Good call on letting the group go down in size, I don’t much like big groups myself. All the inside jokes and inter-character hilarity just doesn’t happen when you get much more than 6+. Its hard to scare a big group too, where as in a group of three our DM had us quite literally jumping at shadows. Mood music helped, of course.
I agree with you there for the most part. The people are happy and they aren't trying to "burn me at the stake" so to speak. I just pray that they stay content until the current scenario is finished. As far as scaring my party goes I really don't "scare" them so to speak more or less I make them paranoid as they like to call it. I find it rather amusing to let them think their safe and then the the S**t hit the proverbial fan. Oh and before I forget what type of mode music do you recommend for a PA role-playing group?
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Kashluk wrote:I remember the Dark Jedi Academy : falloutish - thingy... Somewhat 20 people posted and it sucked sloppy donkey dick.
Was there any inkling of a story in that RP?

Personally, I choose the remember the "Drug Runners" days. Last thing I remember is that we were expanding our base in New Reno and as a reward for some mission, Kasluk gave my character a 12 Gauge USAS. You also gave Reaper some Road Warrior-esque revolver.

...Plus, that Gizmo/Taliesin guy very craftily gave himself a F.E.V. infected horse.
All of a sudden my players were like hell no we won't play. Which in turn made my veterans leave the group because they don't like politics.
Oh my god. Politicz. Who be teh ones to nuke teh world? Let's go ask Steven Colbert.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

stupid

Post by Janus Matchell »

so each you people here who have posted havehad shitty experiences playing bad rpg's or rpgs with morons because they are too stupid to think for themselves which in turn gets you killed before you even know whats going on, gamewise. We all have shitty gamers, perhaps they should all be shot.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Re: stupid

Post by Ernesto »

Janus Matchell wrote:so each you people here who have posted havehad shitty experiences playing bad rpg's or rpgs with morons because they are too stupid to think for themselves.
In retrospect, I was pretty much that moron.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Mr. Green wrote:
Janus Matchell wrote:so each you people here who have posted havehad shitty experiences playing bad rpg's or rpgs with morons because they are too stupid to think for themselves.
In retrospect, I was pretty much that moron.
Sorry to hear about that Mr.Green from what you have posted so far it seems like your too intelligent to be a moron. Anyways goodluck in your endeavors.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

double goodluck to you.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

:chew: ALERT ALERT ENTER YOUR HOMES :chew:
:chew:
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

UPDATE!!!

Post by Janus Matchell »

I recently kicked my entire group and now have a new group of gaming store appointed noobs that I have to gm for because they are paying me. It's pretty awesome so far but my lack of free time will soon go away when finals season hits like the plague. Also I am alive and doing well as can be expected here in this wacky world of bullshit.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Re: UPDATE!!!

Post by Blargh »

Janus Matchell wrote:Also I am alive and doing well as can be expected here in this wacky world of bullshit.
What a fine argument against Darwinism . . . :drunk:
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Are there any open games. I could go for some role playing.
FlameStormer2000
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FlameStormer2000 »

Same Here if you got an open slot.
FlameStormer2000
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FlameStormer2000 »

Same Here if you got an open slot.
Our Host!