mapper help

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
zetabobster
SDF!
SDF!

mapper help

Post by zetabobster »

It says cant find/load text fonts whenevrer i try to load the fallout editor, are my extracted files supposed 2 be in the Blackisle/fallout 2/ data director(still in folders), or in the Blackisle/fallout 2 mapper/ data directory
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Just make sure the mapper2.cfg is looking in the right place:

critter_dat=H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\critter.dat
critter_patches=H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\data
master_dat=H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\master.dat
master_patches=H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\data

in the [system] section of mapper2.cfg (with 'H:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\' replaced by whatever your Fallout2 directory actually is, of course.) and I believe that should fix it for you..
wild_qwerty
Regular
Regular

Post by wild_qwerty »

If you are stil lhaving problems with the editor take a look at Coljack tutorials on his webpahe here

- look at the "editing Proto's" tutorial for info on setting up the editor
ColJack
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by ColJack »

that tutorial will be of sod all help in this instance Qwerty, but thanks for the plug..

i never wrote a tutorial on setting up the editor because it should be plug and play...

install the game to the default directory...
install the editor the the default directory.. on the SAME DRIVE as the game...

run the editor... it should work..

the exception to this is if you have a non english version of the game, wherein you need to edit the mapper2.cfg file to alter the language to the right one.. ( ie it's english by default, and looks for the .msg files and such under text/english.. )

EDIT: if you do happen to find this fixes it, or find another cause and figure it out, then please drop us a reply here so that we know we were of help, or so that we can learn from your mistakes to help others in the future..
Our Host!