Avenger Minigun- bugged?

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Prism
SDF!
SDF!

Avenger Minigun- bugged?

Post by Prism »

i was just curious if anyone else noticed the avenger mini gun's bug... just now while i am fighting in the enclave i burst a guard from about 10 range and hit him for 20, but he dies when he was at full health ( 200 ) is it just displaying the wrong amount of damage? or is the gun bugged

thanks in advance
Prism
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

was it a critical hit by any chance?

Some of the better criticals deal an instant death, no matter how much damage is dealt.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Yeah, can't you get some sweet perk at higher levels? It says stuff like 'you did 14 points of damage but the wind whistling through the hole in his brain kills him'.

Post by Guest »

I once killed Frankie H. in three bursts (WTF!?!?!) no bullshit.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Stainless is right, the burst itself did very little damage but he died due to the fact that you rolled the highest critical (instant death).
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Now wouldn't it be useful if that happened in real life?

Think about it. You shoot a guy in the foot, and he dies of a heart attack from the shock of the injury. 12 hours later. Well, it seems that you just got away with (delayed) murder, buddy. Wheeee. :joy:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

No need to shoot in the foot either. Shoot in the air, cause him have the heart attack right away. Blammo. You were shooting on your own land, who the fuck cares? ;)
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

So then the Coroner would say something along the lines of this about the cause of death:

"Cause of Death: Too much McDonalds. Clogged arteries. Stupid fat bastard."
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And you'd be awarded the 'the fatass killer of the day' reward by your town mayor. Happy end!
Our Host!