Fallout Vengence

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

An important anouncement is coming regarding the progress of this project. Please stay tuned...
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

Well, I was hoping that Burg could make this announcement, but I haven't been able to speak with him so I suppose I'll do it.

I'm not sure if the mod can continue.

I think we had a great shot at getting it done by January. I had done a shitload of mapping. Burg and I were working on the diolague and a lot of it was top rate stuff. I was really proud of our progress, everything was looking like the mod would be done by early next year.

But that all went to shit.

I went to Calgary, to work. The first week I was gone, someone broke into my house, and stole my computer. All the art work, all the diolague, all the maps I had done are gone, for good. I'll never get them back. Basically 70 percent of my half of the work has been erased by some shithead who wanted some free stuff, and it sucks, and I'm fucking pissed off, but it happened. I don't know if I can replace what I lost, but I hope so. I don't know if Burg wants to keep working on the mod, but he tried to call me and so I think and hope so. I have kept working, on paper, as the insurance company has yet to replace my computer. I have fleshed out a lot of the story and have started a design journal, I have done conceptual drawings, I have kept trying to push my end of the project along, but I don't know if I can redo what I lost, and I don't know if I still have anyone working with me. In short, I don't know if I/we can finish the mod, and if I/we can, it definitely won't be by January.

That's what I wanted to say, thanks for reading.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I've got an alibi...Quit staring at me.

But seriously..That sucks...I was looking forward to a good mod of this ilk. And this was really the only one around....Anything else get swiped?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

SDM -> Fuck, man. That sucks. Hope you can get your act together soon enough... and damn, I was actually interested in your mod.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
burgermeister01
SDF!
SDF!

Ugg...

Post by burgermeister01 »

This is really a shame. Sean, man, I'm sorry I haven't gotten ahold of you, but I've been so tied up between school, work, and schoolwork, that I either havne't had the time, or just flat out didn't think to call you. I hate to say it, but its this same problem that is going to force me to resign from our team. I simply don't have the time to work on a project that big anymore, esp. with us starting back at square one and all. Too bad, I had a pretty bitchin' layout for that site we were working on = [
I feel really bad about this esp. since we had so much enthusiasm about the whole thing. Life brings you down I guess. Also, again, Sean, I'm really sorry about your computer, that seriously sucks. Hopefully I can still get in touch with you soon.
My mantra: "Please for the love of God, just work..."
Cipher
Respected
Respected

Post by Cipher »

Is there any chance of the cops finding the POS and returning your PC? Sometimes POS people get caught.

It really irks me to hear about this kind of stuff.

Good luck.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

u got servd
gomimin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by gomimin »

@ SDM

I'm feeling with you

@all

again:

backup, backup, backup ya work (best on CD)
ColJack
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by ColJack »

please don't recurect long dead threads..
if you looked at the date stamp, this all happened over 8 months ago.. he's had plenty of time to get a new pc and start again if he wanted to...
Our Host!