Troika PA RPG...

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Troika PA RPG...

Post by Phias »

I heard a while back, that Troika was designing a new PA game, and there were screenshots to prove it...

Has anything else been said about this mysterious project? Could it be the new "substitute" Fallout game?

Well, those questions could be explored further, right here.

I believe that Arcanum is proof that Troika has some solid skills in RPG design, and if they put it together, they could make something really stellar here. Maybe this game could lift the spirits of many depressed members here, longing for the lost gift of Fallout 3... If there's one person who I'd think would be able to make a decent, if not amazing PA game, it'd be Tim Cain and crew.

But has their recent leap into the foray of traditional RPGs(ToEE, Bloodlines) tampered with their abilities to make a "new Fallout"?
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Actually Arcanum is solid proof they still have to poslish some things before they could be considered to have sold design skills. They just tried to do too much with the game.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

But you must admit, it did succeed much better than many other mediocre RPGs, and it had an excellent game concept, one of the most creative in recent years. They have the talent, but do they have the time?
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Yes it did meet some critical acclaim and some success, that's true. But its not very representative of what i think they can do.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

Exactly, as I pointed out before: lately they show great interest in Fantasy/D&D/licensed RPGs, and less on PA than I thought they would.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Rumours, Speculation and Wild Guesses

Lot's of speculation there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I like how you've been fixing up the Terra-arcanum site, DU.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!