Children of Shadows Campaign

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
Furious George
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Furious George »

Okay, I'm assuming I have enough room in my sack of stuff for it, then. If not, Duriel will carry it as far as over the fence, and leave it there.
"Ah, those suckers on land will never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight!" -Homer Simpson
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

It's seems that Mordecai is with me... Well more are merrier and safer ...
Andrew turns towards his mate:
-Let's see if we can find sommething useful here...Watch my back for a moment...
Andrew will try to examine the elevator cabin trough the small open pannel. He will lay on the elevator top and will lower his arm carrying the torch as much as he can to iluminate the elevator cabin and will try to see if the door is open and there is any way to go further from there. He suspects that down below is somme sort of tunnel or underground chamber.
[/b]
Sommetimes the truth is at the wrong side of the shotgun barrel ...
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

After Andrew with his torch, Mordecai pokes his head through the open panel. How big is it? Any way to climb through? If not, Mordecai will just kick another panel in hopes of a miracle causing all of the panelling to fall away.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

While Talon and Duriel make their way back to the main building Andrew and Mordecai are still examining things at the elevator. By the light of his torch Andrew spots several corpses lying inside the cabin. They all seem to wear the same sort of uniform: long, dark grey jackets with an insigna of a hamer and a syckle embroided on it. The inside walls of the elevator is smeared with old stains of dried blood and riddled with various small holes, all of about the same size. Much to your relieve the elevator door is still open, leading into a very dark room as there seems to be no other lighting than that of your torch. It is hard to tell due to the visibility but it seems the area in front of the door is also filled with a couple of corpses. You swear you could see something reflecting light in the far corner of the room, something made out of metal.

Descending into the cabin would be easy as the gap is big enough and not so high. Unfortunatly you' ll have to land on those corpses at the bottom.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Mordecai is willing to do that. After all, he should be able to ward off their angry spirits no problem...

Hand me that rope, Andrew? Lower me down.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

Andrew looks at Mordecai and, after a short break, says:
-I don't think that's very smart to go there before we figure out why those guys lay there, dead. Maybe the "thing" that killed them is still inside. I have heard legends about restless spirits of iron that kill everyone that tries to enter the ancestors ruins. Those guys down there are wearing the same sign of danger that we have seen on that dead guy we found before and I think that I see sommething made out of metal standing in the dark room out there. Maybe it's one of that spirits of iron...
Andrew will wait for Mordecai's answer. He will then try to convince him to throw sommething into the dark room to see if there is any response.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Maybe you're right, I've been a bit impulsive. Mordecai lights a torch with flint and steel and carefully tosses it into the pit (not on top of the bodies or anything flammable!) and then tries to get a look around.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

The torch you lit and threw into the chamber bounces a bit further without going out. Slightly the chamber lights up, just enough to make out a metal dish lying on the ground in the far right corner and a strange contraption with a metal disk on it' s head in the far left corner. Much to your relieve no angry guardianspirits awaken but you do hear some light scuttling noise in the darkness.

You' d have to go inside if you want to take a better look around.
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

-It seems that there is no guardian spirit there so I think is safe enough to descend there for now... says Andrew......but I have no rope so I will stay up here and help you to descend and you will have to search around to find sommething to help us to climb up again if I need to go in there with you.
Andrew will help Mordecai to descend into the elevator cabin and wait to help him climb up if there is any danger.
How high is the elevator cabin? We can climb up again without any help or a rope?
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

The elevator cabin is about 2.5 metres in height so you' ll be able to descend easily and climb back up with a little push.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Mordecai grips a rock in his hand (to throw at the soulless metal contraption if it stirs) and descends into the cabin for a better look around.
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

Andrew is satying on top of the elevator cabin watching carefully and beeing ready to pull up Mordecai at any danger sign. He will wayt until Mordecai will find anything usable as a step(leadder) or a rope to make the climbing up, more easy if they will find themselves in a hurry to get out.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Finding no sign of the others, Talon begins to explore the other buildings.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Talon moves carefully into the hall with the metal guardian spirits, ready to react to any suspicious behaviour, clenching the rock in his hand tightly. (I assume you have a torch in your other hand) By the torchlight you make out that one of the guardian spirits seems rather dull. In fact it looks a bit crooked. There' s a large hole in its side and the stone floor right next to it. All sort of wiring errupts from the guardian' s side. Behind the two guardians lies a broken glass door with a strange metal object with a crack in it next to it, attatched in the wall. There seems to be another hall behind that broken glass door.

Some high-pitched squeaking sounds eminating from the next hall seem to catch your attention. It seems like something is scuttling away from you.

Meanwhile Talon and Duriel come to the low building on the right side of the main building. The door is open and shows a couple of rooms next to a hallway in front of you. Here also everything seems to be in disaray. Various stacks of metal and rotten wooden objects seem to have been thrown togheter to make a hastly barricade in the middle of the hallway. A small stair at the farest end of the building seems to lead up to the roof. A small trail of fresh blood is visible on the dirty floor, leading from the spot you' re standing towards one of the small rooms. Then there' s a sudden sound of something small falling on the floor. Someone or something wounded is in here!
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon, with his axe ready, rushes to the room where the sound came from.

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

You rush into the small chamber, which is again filled with junk and debris, and spot a familiar wild dog in a corner. It looks like he is wounded and poses no real threat for now, although he would attack and fight till the death if he feels threatend.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon looks around from where he is standing, with his axe still at the ready, to see if the room is worth searching. If not, he will leave the room, and go to the other room.

Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

-Hey! Mordecai! Did you find anything that we could use as a leader? Says Andrew in low voice trying to see what his companion is dooing in the dark room...
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Andrew? I'm not sure. I can't see very well. There are two beasts, and they appear dead... Mordecai's voice trails off.

Mordecai peers into the open, wounded stomachs of the two dead beasts. Anything inside? After that, he proceeds over to the hallway and crouches down to get a good look at the odd metal object. Finally, he stops and stands as still as he can, cautiously listening for any sounds down here at all...
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

The room Talon is standing in front of is as much in disarray as the rest of the building. Behind the wounded dog stands a cabinet with sticker of a red cross in a white circle on it.

The inside of the guardians is mostly destroyed except for some wiring running through the ground. Mordecai closes in on the metal object and carefully starts to examine it. It has a slot in it' s middle and a red and green led next to it. Some logical deduction results in discovering that an earlier found card with a magnetic strip might just pass through it. If only this cardreader wouldn' t have been wrecked.

Just in time you catch a glimpse of a couple of small red eyes peering in your direction, followed by a high-pitched squeal. Answers from deeper inside the complex eminate in succession and you can hear the sound of small claws ticking on the cold, stone floor coming closer. A couple of twisted, redeyed rats close in on you.
Our Host!