Music Query

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Music Query

Post by Phias »

I am trying to make a custom soundtrack for Fallout2. I have some industrial cd's and some strange thought-provoking ambient music cd's. I'd like to put the music into the game, so I'm asking how such a feat is accomplished.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Jargo
Respected
Respected

Post by Jargo »

make a your soundtrarck and convert it to acm format using snd2acm converter.
You can get it from FMC direct link here.

Then put your sound file in data/sound/SFX foder and ad it to Sndlist.lst.

You can olsow replace existing file. :giggle:
SpellTrap
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by SpellTrap »

Jargo wrote:make a your soundtrarck and convert it to acm format using snd2acm converter.
You can get it from FMC direct link here.

Then put your sound file in data/sound/SFX foder and ad it to Sndlist.lst.

You can olsow replace existing file. :giggle:
That converter doesn't work very well. The default usic ACMs play at the same speed in or out of the game, but that converter slows my music down to half speed. And shouldn't the music files be put in data/sound/music, and then define which maps use them in data/maps.txt?
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of Radaway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 jumpsuit. Let's hit it."
ColJack
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by ColJack »

youhave to speed your sound files up first, by increasing the sample rate.. don't ask me why, i never understood that either...

if you use a converter to turn acm's to wav's, most of them will be at double speed...
Our Host!