Children of Shadows Campaign

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon take out his axe, and looks around for any tracks/sign.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

-Let's see what's up there... says Andrew for himself looking up tp the small metal shed...
-But first let' see if I can see the other guys... I wander what they are dooing...
Andrew looks around to see if he can spot the party members from where he is standing (if he can see them, he will shout at them making signs with his hands to atract attention - a little reckless I may say but that's Andrew :eyebrow: ).
After that, if he's still alive and well he will climb up on the ladder towards that metal shed.
Sommetimes the truth is at the wrong side of the shotgun barrel ...
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Andrew, you can barely distinguish your 3 companions down below scaling the huge metal gate and then descending on the other side. You start waving your arms and shout at them but they don' t immediatly seem to notice. Unsure to make out if your action succeeded you wait a little while hoping for some respons before you scale the ladder up. Just hope you didn' t drew attention to yourself from unwanted things.

The rooftop is guarded on all sides by metal fences of medium heigth to ensure safety. The metal shed has a small door, but it seems to be locked tight due to rust and wheathering, although small gaps near the doorpost are visible. On the door is written in yellow letters: Caution: emergency elevator entrance. Footholds may be slippery.

All the while the three of you stand at the other side of the gate, scouring the premises cautiously but ready to react at the slightest threat. Talon scouts a little bit ahead in search for tracks while some strange sounds seem to be coming from high above in the opposite direction. Seems like someone is shouting something uncomprehensible and waving with his arms from the top of the building. Well it got your attention allright.

Duriel stops to check out the closest ditch and starts to wipe away the snow. It seems like there' s something smooth underneath, something that looks a lot like....bone? You fall almost prone as you notice the thing in front of you is riddled with human skelletons stacked on eachother. Skulls, spines, limbs,.... And it goes deep.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon sees Duriel start. He rushes over to see what is wrong.

As he sees what has startled Duriel, Talon rubs his totem. I think that we should stay away from these ditches.

Talon heads towards the nearest shed, staying as far as possible from the ditches. All the time he is looking for tracks/sign.

Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

Andrew tries to open the door of the shed. If he can't, he will force open it with his crowbar. If he can't, he will say ... :censored: ... and kick the rusty door and explore the suroundings to see if he can find anything of interes. ...Next action depends on what he can do...
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Andrew, you take out your crowbar and put it against the metal. With a strong push the metal door gives away, making a lot of noise as it moves over the concrete roof. You find a long and wide dark shaft behind the door, an elevator shaft. There' s a small walkway and then a ladder leading down. On the roof on the inside of the shed hangs a large piece of machinery from which some cables descend towards the lower levels. The elevatorcabin doesn' t seem to be in sight. Perhaps it is somewhere on the lower levels but you have a hard time trying to make out something in the darkness. Looks like it' s a long way down.

Talon leads the other three of you over the grissely field, avoiding further ditches and the horrors they contain. You pass some more metal beasts and Duriel stops to inspect some of them. After a search he comes up with: 3 flares, a set of sturdy gloves and a Twinkey (surprisingly still edable ). Playing with the controls doens' t seem to do much, aparantly these things need to be fed or some sort because they seem to stay dormant. One lonely beast atracts your attention; its surface riddled with scratchmarks on the door and windows. Upon opening the door you discover a half-mumified body of a tribal, crawled up in ball, who presumably died from the cold as he has no visible wounds. His equipement is still intact: a stone spear, a bow and a quiver with 13 arrows, a torch and a white plastic card with a magnetic strip on the back: Dr. Grant, Security clearance level -2.

Talon carefully scouts the nearby area for nearby dangers and reaches the nearest shed without troubles. It is a large rectangular building made from shody metal plates, as if hastily constructed. No windows, but a light metal door stands slightly ajar.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon looks at the bow and arrows. If no one else is interested in those, I would like them. He states hopefully.

As they pass the ditches, Talon calls out to Mordacai, you think that these ditches may be mass graves for the plague victims?

iirc didn't it say something about plague on th outside fence?

As Talon approaches the door, seeing that it is ajar, gripping his axe in one hand, he grasps the door with the other and attempts to open it. :poke:

Furious George
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Furious George »

Duriel shakes his head and offers the arrows to Talon, standing back from the body.

Those won't work with my crossbow, you can have 'em.

He will stuff the other items into his pack carefully now, making sure to keep the flares and the card somewhere dry and safe, prodding the mysterious twinkie gently. After giving up on trying to get the beast to start he will close the door and leave the body in peace. Seeing Talon reaching for the open door he tries to attract his attention to stop him from rushing in, noting that these shacks seem newer and thus more likely to be inhabited. He will quietly make his way over to where Talon and the others are, hoping they haven't attracted any attention or gone inside yet. If they already have by the time he has arrived he will hang back and wait to see what's happening, if they haven't he will whisper quietly to them.

These buildings seem newer to me... colour me paranoid, but I'd say it's safer to try to lure anyone inside out before barging in there... just in case, y'know? He adds with a grin, trying not to sound too hostile to whoever may be inside.
"Ah, those suckers on land will never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight!" -Homer Simpson
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon nods. He carefully peers through the door opening, trying to see inside.

Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

Ok then... Andrew light his torch with his flint stones ,take his crowbar in his right hand and the torch in his left hand. He starts to walk (more like sneaking) on the small walkway and then to descent on the small ladder keeping his eyes wide open and his ears listening to every sound.

O.O.C. - Curiosity killed the cat! I hope Andrew will not share the same fate :eyebrow:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Back at the elevator shaft, Mordecai lights a fire (with his flint) on some wood, assuming he can find some. Allowing the wood to light sufficiently, he squarely drops the makeshift torch down the elevator shaft, allowing him to see how far down things go, and what's at the bottom. (He hopes.)

I don't know anything about this place being a mass grave, says Mordecai, but it does feel like death here. Mordecai doesn't seem very interested; he's clearly thinking about something else.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Atoga, make up your mind; are you with Andrew or with Talon and Duriel? This way I take it you never crossed the gate, correct?

All is quite at the sheds on the other side of the gate. You didn' t hear anything stir at the last comment made by Duriel so Talon decides to take a quick glance at what might be inside. The inside of the shed looks really ramshackle and dirty. The furthest part of the floor consists of halfrotten planks of wood, the rest is plain dirt. Several rusted metal benches stand against the side with some decaying lumps of clothes on it. Pipes riddle the ceiling of the shed, running towards one of the walls and disapearing into the ground at the back. All of these pipes seem to have showerheads at their extension. It smells awkward in this building and you start to feel very uneasy about the mysteries this place holds.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon begins to investigate the other sheds in the same way, stealthy and quiet. :dance:

If the sheds seem interesting inside, he will search the insides, this first shed doesn't so not this one. :drunk:

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Calal wrote:Atoga, make up your mind; are you with Andrew or with Talon and Duriel? This way I take it you never crossed the gate, correct?
Sorry. I guess Mordecai is back at the elevator shaft with Andrew, trying to investigate it. When that's done, he's going to proceed and try to get over the gate.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Furious George
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Furious George »

Duriel takes a look around the dusty broken down shed and holds back a shiver, getting the same feeling from the place as Talon. As Talon gives up on the first, seemingly empty one, Duriel whispers to him to make bird calls if he hears or sees anything moving, and then slips inside this one to see if there was anything they missed. He will hold his breath as much as possible and closely examine the showerheads, the ground, the rotting piles of clothing, and anything else he sees.

Judging by the awkward feeling he gets from this place, the barbed wiring, and the piles of skeletons outside, Duriel is starting to get a sense of what this place was used for, and doesn't like it one bit. After he's done with this shack, he will check the other ones, dividing them up between him and Talon so they can cover more ground faster.
"Ah, those suckers on land will never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight!" -Homer Simpson
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Duriel and Talon search the whole area for interesting clues or signs but all they find is the same unnerving sight; long dried bloodstaines, rotting clothing, the occasional empty bullet casing,.... Except behind the makeshift buildings. A strange brick construction that looks a lot like a breadoven but then larger dominates the backarea. Several metal gas cannisters lie on a heap in the vicinity. Rubbing of the dust and dirt you can read something along the lines of: Zyclo...- B

Back at the elevatorshaft, Mordecai and Andrew decide to descend into the lower levels of the facility. Waving a torch around, Andrew spots a large metallic area beneath him. Upon closing in you discover it to be the top of the elevator cabin, the cables running up towards the ceiling. A small panel lies open in the cabin roof so you reason that someone might have come this way before you and entered the cabin. An estimate of the distance you travelled down tells you you' re about 20 metres beneath groundlevel.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon looks to Duriel, Lets leave this place of death. We can go and find the others.

Furious George
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Furious George »

Duriel nods slowly as they survey the last of the shacks and begins to leave, then stops. On an afterthought, he grabs one of the canisters (I'm assuming they aren't too large or heavy) and slips it in with the rest of his collections. He hurries back to where Talon is, checking in on any of the machines he might have missed on the way over as they head back to the gate to find where Mordecai and Andrew have gone.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

When we get out of that area, I will also remove the makeshift rope.

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

That' s ok, you can count the makeshift rope as one of your possesions from now on. The cannister however, Duriel, is quite large; about the size of an aqualung, but fortunatly they are all empty so they won' t weigh much.
Our Host!