B-team,falche2/fall2crk,FICinst,acklint mod compatabilities

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Stuge
SDF!
SDF!

B-team,falche2/fall2crk,FICinst,acklint mod compatabilities

Post by Stuge »

B-team - With this mod all your team members will change their appearance when wearing armor.

falche2 or fall2crk - character stat editors

FICinst - item swaper

acklint - klint mod which gives you 1 of every single armor and weapon

I wrote the descriptions down incase you ppl dont recognize the names which I copied off of the zip files themselves and incase anyone just forgot.

Question: are these mods compatable with eachother?, do some need to be installed before others or need some special tweaking to be compatible?. I got the US/Canadian version of fallout2.

Thx for the help, Im new to the forums but been a long time FO fan, if this doesnt belong in this forum plz swap it over.
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

The character and item editors aren't really mods, so they shouldn't conflict. As for running several mods together, see FAME.
Chuckie Chuckie 5 dollaz?
Stuge
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Stuge »

thx for the reply, I already tried fame and couldnt get it to work, I keep getting the illegal operation msg everytime I double click on the .exe

FAME caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:00000008.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=00000008 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00439424 SS=016f ESP=0070a0ec EBP=00440000
ECX=97c2a2b0 DS=016f ESI=004391f4 FS=444f
EDX=81942fe0 ES=016f EDI=00442440 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
16 00 70 05 65 04 70 00 65 04 70 00 54 ff 00 f0
Stack dump:

To slim it down, if I had to pick which ones Id want atleast, B-team mod workin with falche2.

Incase I never get fame workin I got 1 or more questions. I dont understand the installation instructions or rather I find it not specific enough :).

says:
"...If you have 1.02 Fallout 2 version, the 'patch000.dat' file is already in that
directory.
You have to rename the file and copy it to the directory then."

before that it says rename to 'patch000.dat' unless u got version 1.02, I got version 1.02, Im guessing your suppose to overwrite the original dat file, what worries me is the original is a couple of mb while the renamed 'b-team.dat' is around 60kb :confused2:

thx again
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Re: B-team,falche2/fall2crk,FICinst,acklint mod compatabilit

Post by Temaperacl »

Question: are these mods compatable with eachother?, do some need to be installed before others or need some special tweaking to be compatible?. I got the US/Canadian version of fallout2.
I believe the B-Team and acklint mods would be compatible, but I'm not sure. The easiest way to make sure is to use a DAT extractor and look at the files contained in the DAT files. If they both have some of the same files, then it is likely that they won't work together. If they don't share the same files, then they should be able to work together.
Jargo
Respected
Respected

Post by Jargo »

B-team and Klint should work ok together(B-team changes only scripts of all patry members and Klint is not one of them).
Many have problems with Fame
1) It has problems with runing mods on XP
2)It will always give priority to patch000.dat files so many mods will not work.
I think there is a patch repairing this.... but why not use modrunner.
It works ok
Stuge
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Stuge »

I wonder why DAC doesnt have modrunner in its download list?.

edit/add: woho! modrunner works, so the consensus here is that falche2 wouldnt have a problem workin with the b-team mod?, if so I can finally play the damn game :joy:
Jargo
Respected
Respected

Post by Jargo »

falche will work ok with b-team mod instaled.
Our Host!