Arcanum: Quest bugs?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Arcanum: Quest bugs?

Post by Max-Violence »

Are there any bugs in the game involving quests? I think I just found one...

In Blackroot, I got the Innkeeper's strongbox from What's-His-Face via negotiation (payed 80 bucks). However, when I talk to the Innkeeper with the box in my inventory, I get no dialogue (sp?) option to give it to him and get my reward (free lodging). W. T. F.?

I checked Terra-Arcanum and thier quest walkthrough mentions nothing of this problem (doesn't even say what the quest reward is like it does for all the other quests in the game).

EDIT: Well, I must've been hallucinating (sp?) before... I talked to the Innkeeper and everything's good.

Just so this post isn't a complete waste, anyone know where the following are?
  1. Expert and/or Master Bow person
  2. A good bow and/or gun
  3. Master Lockpicker
  4. Good armor for a half-ogre (I had a charmed large leather armor but it broke :()
  5. Gaylin offerd me a "handsome reward" if I ever got the "ancient amulet of N'Tala." Well, I got it, but I can't for the life of me remember where Gaylin is. I searced T-A to no avail. Where's is she/he (don't remember that one either, lollies!)
  6. Expert and/or Master Prowler
Thank you, and goodnight.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Re: Arcanum: Quest bugs?

Post by Dan »

Max-Violence wrote:Expert and/or Master Bow person
In Black Root, there's an old soldier near the docks, talk to him and listen to his story, he can train you to be an expert in a few things (including bows)
Kietzel Pierce (Might be a little wrong with the spelling), can train you to be a master with bow, you can find him in blackroot in a bar. He tells you to find a young man he is looking for, and then leaves blackroot and travels to Caladon.
The young man (Dudley something), is a guard in cumbria, talk to him and then go to Caladon. Kietzel will then tell you to retirve a bow from some place, and then he will train you.
A good bow and/or gun
If you want a tech bow, I think you can buy some pretty good bow scematchis. For guns, you should probably build them on your own (Blade launcher and stuff). Anyway, there's someone in Ashbury who has a looking glass rifle you can pick pocket.
Good armor for a half-ogre (I had a charmed large leather armor but it broke :()
I guess stores, or random ph3t lewt.
Gaylin offerd me a "handsome reward" if I ever got the "ancient amulet of N'Tala." Well, I got it, but I can't for the life of me remember where Gaylin is. I searced T-A to no avail. Where's is she/he (don't remember that one either, lollies!)
She is in Shrouded hills.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Many thanks, kind sir.

Um, where's Cumbria? I thought it was the southern "continent" of sorts (the one with Black Root and Caladon on it), I didn't know there was a city named Cumbria...

BTW, storyline-wise, I'm about to get to Quintarra. Haven't physically been there yet (doing some exploration first). I got the "real" skin of the Stillwater Giant and I'm going to go stop by Stillwater and Tarant to see if I can sell/give it to someone (i.e. the Parnell (sp?) fellow in Tarant or the wierd scientist in Stillwater. I kinda killed the elf in Stillwater to get the Amulet of N'Tala after he told me where Quintarra is...).

Anyway, does where I am in the game storyline-wise affect who'll train me to be expert/master in X skill?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Max-Violence wrote:Many thanks, kind sir.

Um, where's Cumbria? I thought it was the southern "continent" of sorts (the one with Black Root and Caladon on it), I didn't know there was a city named Cumbria...
My mistake... I meant Drenholm, the capital of Cumbria.
BTW, storyline-wise, I'm about to get to Quintarra. Haven't physically been there yet (doing some exploration first). I got the "real" skin of the Stillwater Giant and I'm going to go stop by Stillwater and Tarant to see if I can sell/give it to someone (i.e. the Parnell (sp?) fellow in Tarant or the wierd scientist in Stillwater. I kinda killed the elf in Stillwater to get the Amulet of N'Tala after he told me where Quintarra is...).
You can sell it to Parnell's... I think he even gives you a nice offer.
Anyway, does where I am in the game storyline-wise affect who'll train me to be expert/master in X skill?
I don't think so... You just need to reach the right people.
Of course, you will probably reach Caladon only later in the game and get the bow mastery.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

The best bow in the game is located on the island with all the crazy monkeys and that one old elf (forgive me its been a while since i played)

The master lockpick guy is locked in a prison in the one city where theres the murders (again forgive me)
Our Host!