ArcanumPnP anyone?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

ArcanumPnP anyone?

Post by Calal »

Anyone knows if there is a PnP version of Arcanum like there' s a PnP version for Fallout? 'Cause I' ve been scouring the net for some weeks now, but to no avail.

Thx in advance.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

I don't know of one but that would be mightly sweet. I'd start doing that stuff if they had that.
NumberZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by NumberZero »

they would have to fix the whole "firearms arn't worth shit" thing and balance the game out a little bit first.
hello, if your fallout idea starts with "Wouldn't it be cool", then i hate you, and i am very saddened by the fact that technology has not advanced to the point where you can reach out and touch other users, because i would strangle you.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

That's true. That's one of the big let downs in Arcanum.
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

As far as I know, there isn't any Arcanum PnP. Want to try and make one? Give me a sign :)...
Sommetimes the truth is at the wrong side of the shotgun barrel ...
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Well, I' d love to help actually, but won' t it be too much while we' re still working on that European PnP sourcebook?

Screw it, count me in! :D This is a much to big opportunity to miss out on.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I'll hep out dudes, I've just gotten into that game & it is neatos. Actually I'm adding a lot of elements from it into FOU to make things neat.
:P
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

While browsing for this Arcanumpnp (and with a little help from Spazmo) I headed to the Terra-Arcanum forum and there' s a guy called Aura Emenator who said the following:
Aura Emenator wrote:Well that's a great idea. There is a fantastic Fallout PnP at iamapsycho.com It wouldn't be difficult to do. If anyone here has any desire to get something like that started, I'd be willing to donate time and artwork. I have some drawings scanned into my coputer if you wanna see some samples, send me an e-mail.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Really the only problem with guns was that 1) there wasn´t nearly enough variety and 2) they didn´t do enough damage. Both of these things could easily be fixed if you wanted to make a PnP system.
One day...
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

How 'bout a GURPS Arcanum? That would save people the trouble of, you know, actually making a system.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

I think that GURPS has his flaws too. I'm trying to make Fallout PnP a universal system and adapting it to any theme not only post-apochalyptic... Tough work though .... ;)
Sommetimes the truth is at the wrong side of the shotgun barrel ...
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

I think the closest you're gonna get to a freeform Arcanum RPG is Terra Archaeus.
One day...
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

ive been DMing an d20 game that is Arcanum inspired for a few months now. i dont have much written out other then setting and a map, and weve been using dnd spells. theres no tech in the party right now, so i havnt had to deal with that. i would be really interested in trying to make a sourcebook for it though, as the setting is really interesting and fun to play.

guns are pretty simple i belive, 2d6 for most handguns,
1d10 for rifles, and shotguns,
and 2d12 for things like elephant guns

of course you have to give more varied things for really special guns, like those found in vendigroth (sp?)
Our Host!