Wasteland Zero?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.

Wasteland Zero?

Post by Guest »

i downloaded this program from Ranger Centre called Wasteland Zero (0) once, but could not get it to work. can anyone tell what it's about?
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

If I remember, it was a project that was supposed to be a Wasteland-like engine updated for SVGA graphics..
Elara
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Elara »

Yeah, it didn't work for me either....someone made something like that for Fountain of Dreams too, didn't they?
"We happen to like Fallout, just not the Fallout community.They don't know how to think on their own, have double-standards, and basically bash anyone or anything that isn't Them. Internet people trying to desperately to be cool and failing, basically."
Gehenna
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Wasteland zero

Post by Gehenna »

Wow. That engine sucks. You might as well program your own. I think I'll give it a shot.
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

hi everyone. i posted the original message, not realising i was logged out.

so we all know it is a program. but what does it do? i had no chance to find out
TONIGHT THE AGE OF MAN COMES TO AN END
godspeed@c4.org
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Its usefull to tick that lower button when you login, else it keeps logging you out.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Well, it won't run on my current machine, but from what I recall, you could move around the map, and do encounters. I don't remember, but I don't think dialogue was implemented..
montez

wasteland zero

Post by montez »

I'm pretty sure Wasteland Zero was a thesis project for a couple of grad students. You should be able to find their website pretty easily if you're interested, although its mostly sketches and source code.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

It would be nice to see a Fallout Wasteland mod...
Our Host!