Children of Shadows Campaign

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon draws his stone knife, and cuts off the badge with the red sickle and hammer.

This may be of interest.

He says as he puts it away in his bag. As an after thought, he also takes the nametag.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Does Mordecai have any idea what the "Четвертая освободительная команда нападения" nametag means?

In any event, he takes all the junk he finds, including the nametag. He then proceeds downstairs and shows the nametag to the others, particularily Duriel and Andrew (since the others from his tribe are unlikely to know the language if Mordecai doesn't).
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

OOC
Nice touch that badge! :lol: I presume none of the characters may speak or read russian.

Andrew listens the discusion between Talon and the stranger...
-So you are lost ... hummm...? Where are you tying to go then? And who was that big, strong guy you have meet with back near that creek?

He looks at that badge and name tag that Talon and Mordecai show him. This sound like somme strange incantation to me. Maybe that guy was a sort of shaman...?! And that badge.... Red is the colour of blood,... that hammer is a simbol of power and the sicle means harvest... hummm...?!? Maybe he was a Soul Harvester !!! Sounds dangerous!
Sommetimes the truth is at the wrong side of the shotgun barrel ...
Furious George
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Furious George »

Duriel looks over quizzicly at Talon and blinks, looking confused. He shakes his head after a moment and replies Big, strong man? There might have been a creek nearby when my deceased friend and I were attacked by those dogs? He offers, then goes on We were hunting and lost our bearings... I'm just trying to get home. Why do you ask? he asks easily, smiling.

As he looks over at the badge Andrew is looking at he grins and nods his head Or maybe the sickle means death? He chuckles and the adds I don't even want to know what that could add up to...Powerful Bloody Death? he suggests, only half-playfully.
"Ah, those suckers on land will never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight!" -Homer Simpson
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Hmm, I think you may be right there, Andrew. This is probably a badge to be feared. No doubt it contains evil. I think I'd better put it away. Mordecai tucks it away inside his robe. Then he says, I don't like the looks of this place at all. Too many evil spirits. I think we should try elsewhere. He proceeds to exit the building.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon looks a little disgruntled. Well, I don't think that it is dangerous, but that is your area of specialty. If you find it not to be harmful. I would like it back. After all, it was my idea to take it. And I like the colors and design, they speak to me of strength.

Talon follows the others.

Furious George
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Furious George »

Following Mordecai, Duriel walks outside and takes a look around, breathing in the cold air - a refreshing change from the rank staleness of the old building.

We could investigate those shacks by the edge of the fence, if you'd like.... Duriel suggests, gesturing to where he saw them from the guard tower. It's possible someone still lives here...
"Ah, those suckers on land will never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight!" -Homer Simpson
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon nods, affirming his willingness to examine those shacks.

To those of you who celebrate it; Merry Christmas!

If you don't, best wishes to whatever holiday you do celebrate.

Or just best wishes for this time.

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

uploaded the maps from the Cross' premises (I sure hope I got the spelling right) to the yahoo group.

right here

Tell me where you are going? Outside the building? Behind the huge locked gate lies more of these sheds and cabins(Duriel got a glimpse of it while examining it from high up in the watchtower) but you' ll have to find a way to get past the gate ofcourse. Don' t forget; there' s still more to see in the main building: a second floor which you haven' t visited yet and a small personel entrance on the right of the building. Outside there' s a maintenance shed made out of reinforced aluminium plates from which power cables run across the premisses.

And like Dan said; a Merry Christmass or any other holiday to all of you. May you find comfort and hapiness with those you love in these sometimes depressing times.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah, merry whatever the hell it is you celebrate. Have a good one.

Mordecai will investigate the gate. How big? Any way through? What's it made of?

Then he proceeds to check out that maintenance shed, being very careful indeed. Mordecai doesn't want to get shocked by the spirits within the machine!
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

The gate is made from two giant plates of metal, reinforced with sturdy stuts, and meassures about 4 metres in height. A heavy and large lock and plenty of chains keep it securly locked. Rusted barbwire ensures that no-one would climb over the nearby walls. The walls are about the same height.

The maintenance shed' s door is slightly open. With a carefull nudge you open the door. A large machine fills half of the shed. It' s spirits seem to have died long ago although various buttons and switches show signs of recent use over the years (less cobwebs and dust than the rest) and some small metal canisters are scattered along a strange metal tube that leads inside the machine. It appears that the canisters one time contained a strong reeking fluid that had to be poured in the tube. Against one of the walls stands a small rack, filled with rags, empty canisters and a hose. Perhaps there might be a way afterall to revive this spirit?
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon decides to explore the second floor. As Mordecai exits the building. Talon quietly ascends to the second floor. Feeling a little irked about the badge and nametag, Talon decides that he wants his own.

As he climbs to the second floor, Talon takes out the stone axe, in case of unknown danger.

Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

Adrew decide to explore thoruoghly the entire stone building, opening all the drawers and lockers (or whatever container he will find). He will even search the walls and floors for hidden doors and trapdoors. He will gather all written material he can apreciate as usefull (books and stuff).
Sommetimes the truth is at the wrong side of the shotgun barrel ...
Furious George
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Furious George »

Duriel watches the three tribals split up, if only a few steps away and starts to say something against it, but stops and thinks better of it. Instead, he stays relatively close to Mordecai, watching his back and examining the large machine, trying to see if he can possibly figure out what it was - or is - used for. He also considers the lock, scratching his unbkept chin. He turns to the shaman, curiously.

"Your friend... I don't know his name, not Andrew, the other one, he has a rather sturdy axe, right? Maybe he'd be able to knock off that lock with it, it looks pretty rusty... what do you think?"
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

As Talon reaches the second floor he sees another three offices. A fierce battle seems to have been fought here; everything is in disaray, holes are everywhere, glass and empty bulletcasings litter the floor. The offices are in the same state, destroyed and scavenged for whatever would be usefull a long time ago. Walking down the relative small hallway you see a turned over desk, riddled with bulletholes, guarding the elevator entrance. To your surprise the doors are held open by another turned over light desk, preventing them from closing. The elevatorshaft is pitch black as no light is able to reach it, and you can only guess at how deep it would be. There is no sign of the elevator cabin whatsoever.

Andrew sweeps the building for anything remotely usefull but the only writings that are still readable are strange lists with names, figures and numbers that don' t make sense to you. This building seems to be littered with them. Still, hoping you could discover more you proceed upwards.

While checking the strange metal beast Duriel finds it looking strongly familiar to one of the warbeasts back home, used by the Warlords army. When checking the rear side he notices a compartiment with a lightening bolt symbol on it. A light push and a small panel opens up creaking, revealing space for a metal brick-sized object, much like the one you found earlier.

Happy Newyear everyone!
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon, decides that there isn't anything more to find here, giving up on finding another badge. So he goes to find Mordecai and Duriel.

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Mordecai, still fiddling with the badge and trying to find something out about it continues to fiddle for a while and then returns Duriel's question. Ah... you mean Talon, he carries the axe. That is not a bad idea you have... come, let's go and find him.

Mordecai yells. TALON! Getting Talon's attention (I hope) he waits for him to arrive. We could use your axe, says Mordecai, indicating the lock.

Mordecai also examines the beast closely. What strange creature is this...?
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon looks at the lock. Well, it may break that lock. Wouldn't that bar of Andrews' work better for that? Referring to the crowbar of Andrews. You want me to take a whack at it? Talon grips the axe, awaiting their decision.

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I don't think a little damage to it would do much harm... go right ahead, Talon, says Mordecai.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon grips his axe securely with both hands, lifts it over his head, takes aim, and swings.

Our Host!