Clan wars + job.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Clan wars + job.

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

I haven't realized it until but, holy fuck, with 32 people on that large a playing field, you could have a gigantic battle between players and clans and the like.

Think about it, the two rival clans meet in the outskirts of the Chernobyl towers and fight between various pipes and girders littering the area, when a large pack of dogs consisting of about 13 members comes in and breaks the fight up...

I mean, clans are fucking stupid in games like CS and such, but clans were MEANT to be in this game! I'm sorry, but S:OL > HL². Simply put, there seems to be much more depth.

Can't wait... Insanity... Brewing...

At least I can have SOME hope of playing it in the future now. I have a job. :!: Decent for my age too, 100 or so dollars per two weeks. I work four days out of those two weeks. It's a good trade-off.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Just got a new 'rig myself, so I will be ready.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I just got my brand new graphics card and should be more than ready for it.

From the description of coop multiplayer we could have a sort of not so massively online RPG type thing. This can potentially be one of the coolest things ever if they don't screw up the AI.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Well, March seriously isn't that far away considering how fast these weeks have gone by. Even before then we will have demos and such (Hopefully.) to test out all the power the AI can conjure up.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

I'l conjure up your AI. If I get a job tommorow then everything will the d-o-double g gran turismo 3
Irony is a cruel, sadistic bitch.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Hey---You won't.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Mad Max RW wrote:From the description of coop multiplayer we could have a sort of not so massively online RPG type thing. This can potentially be one of the coolest things ever if they don't screw up the AI.
Yeah man, that would be cool. I certainly hope mods will come allowing you to get flewn in and flown out by those Hind's. Then i'd be complete.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

I'm sure someone will give them the source, undoubtedly.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Max: "not so massively online RPG type thing"
these clan fights could happen in the singleplayer - remember stalkers will join clans in the game and have meetings, one type of mission the developers described is that your clan tells you to kill everyone at another clan's meeting. It COULD happen that wandering with your fellow clan members you come across a hostile party, or even you intentionally attack their pow-wow in a (big) group.

Anyway, it's not what excites me the most in Stalker.
I'm waiting for: total freedom in exploring the world, life-simulation system, super special atmosphere, breath-taking visuals (e.g. THE SKY)
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

PiP wrote:Max: "not so massively online RPG type thing"
these clan fights could happen in the singleplayer - remember stalkers will join clans in the game and have meetings, one type of mission the developers described is that your clan tells you to kill everyone at another clan's meeting. It COULD happen that wandering with your fellow clan members you come across a hostile party, or even you intentionally attack their pow-wow in a (big) group.

Anyway, it's not what excites me the most in Stalker.
I'm waiting for: total freedom in exploring the world, life-simulation system, super special atmosphere, breath-taking visuals (e.g. THE SKY)
Yeah, me too basically. I was just speculating on some shit because I was bored. I was mostly talking about rival clans on the internet play though.
Our Host!