The Darkest Time - IC Board

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

The Darkest Time - IC Board

Post by Slawter Thren »

OOC:
Hello, people, we are beginning. Please post your actions here :D

Current characters are:

-Ramses
-Aaron Hardy
-Kane "Pyro" Jacobs

Scene and Time: Desert Rangers encampment, 1/1/2230

Hazel Jones was sitted down at her bed. Her 8-years old brother, David, suddenly entered.

David: Sissy, can you tell me the stories about the Founders?

Hazel: Again? You really like them!

Hazel also liked the stories. After all, she was named after a important character in the Desert Ranger story.

David: Surely! But now i am older, and i guess i can hear some new...

Hazel: Okay...I will tell you the legend of the Darkholder and his companions. It happened many, many time ago. One day...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scene and Time: LAX, 16/08/2066, 0800

The Airport was full of people. It was big, very big, being nearly triple of the size it was at the 2000s. While still not the biggest airport of the world, it was magnific. Since the De-militarizing, many people was going to LA. Hundreds of thousands persons were there. Two of them were Ramses Darkholder and Hazel Adams, just coming from Washington, where they received a transfer.

Hazel: Rama, can we buy a ticket to go to Hannah Anderson's show? I really want to see it! It's her first show in 6 months!

Hannah Anderson was the most popular pop singer in US by the time. Selling millions of CDs and Holotapes around the world, she was as popular as few singers before.

Aaron Hardy was walking nearby, too. He was just walking around the airport, just for the fun of it.

Kane "Pyro" Jacobs was also there, to buy some fuel and stuff for home.

They suddenly see people running towards the few TVs there, looking worried.

The only thing that they can hear is:
TV: We, the United States of America, since now, 0800 of August Sixteen of the year of Two Thousand and Sixty-Six, are officially in war against China, by unnanimous urgent votation of the congress. All military reservists are being recalled to their closest bases. All men and woman fit to do so are asked to enlist themselves. We were attacked by Chinese forces in Alaska. This unprovoked aggression is why we are going to war. Stay touched for more details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It might not be an exciting beginning, but it's just for trying to get people together sooner than i would do.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Pyro hears the broadcast. I guess that I should sign up. At the least I can have an authentic reason for my little hobby.

As Pyro leaves the TV, he looks around for a recruiting station. Deciding to postpone his current project.

I assume that we are not reservists, so do we enlist or what?
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

Pyro sees a recruiting station nearby. Many troopers were there, including a trooper with the new Flambe flamethrower. There were many people there, but the things were going quickly, and it was Pyro's time soon.

Officer: Hey, son, fill this form!

Pyro is given a form. Besides the usual crap, he is asked:

Weapons Experience:
Favorite Weapon:
Desired Service Specialization:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This is just to get you assigned. I'll try to get the party together first and then unite you.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

BACK AT THE AIRPORT

Hazel was the one thing in the world Ramses had a hard time saying no too. He coudln't help smile at her lopsidely as he fished in his pocket for American-green-backs.

Ramses: Yeah, yeah. Here.

It was like a high official negotiating with terrorist. The feeling of silent snickers couldn't be heard but were felt as he handed Hazel the money for the tickets.

Of course, whatever humor was got at the Lieutenant's expense was quickly short lived. But it wasn't only Ramses' face turning into stone that caused the snickering to stop it was the news cast.

Ramses shook his head.

Ramses: So much for vacation.
Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

Hazel: Oh, no!

Hazel picked a TIME magazine. At the cover, there was: CHINESE MURDER THOUSANDS AT ALASKAN VILLAGE. It also had a big photo of a destroyed village, with many children, women and men parts in the ground. It looked like they were killed by bursts.

Hazel: NOOOOOO! DAD! MOM!

Hazel begins to cry. While still in foot, and awakened, she looked like she was suffering the worst pain possible.

A captain walks until he is close to Hazel and Ramses. He looks familiar to Ramses, if not a friend not seen since a long time ago.

Captain: Hello, Ramses.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

The pain she felt was something Ramses couldn't imagine, nor even bother to fathom. To see in the Time magazine that youyr family, your people were wiped out coldly was something that would haunt anyone for the rest of their days. Hazel's family were killed and wiped from the face of the Earth by an advancing Chinese army.

He had met the parents once, they were nice people. Even the elderly Father who had once asked to protect his daughter. But that was a long time ago...

Now Ramses tried to comfort her, holding her tight. His arms encircled her and he pressed her face against his shoulder. Many onlookers wouldn't understand why the man of pale brown skin was embracing a native Alaskan, but that was the ignorant masses.

Ramses: Easy now, Haze, easy.

Then another voice cut in. A familar one. This was truely an odd time for reunions.

Ramses: Captain Maxson.
Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

Roger: It has been a long time, old friend. I am just back from Alaska. We tried to get a battallion at the village, but we got too late. The Chinese had already destroyed the village. It looked like that old movie, Starship Troopers. We were terminated. Those Chinese were heavily armed and had at least a division. They are moving down. We could only retreat a platoon. I was asked to give a full report, and then i am going to transfer. Just hope things don't end screwing up here too...

Suddenly, alarm klaxons begin to be heard.

Trooper: The chinese are coming! Everyone, brace yourselves!

Roger: Follow me, Ramses. She may come, too.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Ramses and Hazel followed. The Lieutenant and his charge followed Captain Maxson. Hazel could see the two were old friends.

Ramses and Hazle made there way with Maxson.

Ramses: So where are you being transfered? It seems there sending us in all directions these days.

The Klazon was still blaring.

Hazel walked at Ramses' side like a body gaurd, her face still hot with tears and her mind running over what the Chinese had done to her people. They were a small village. They hadn't the will nor ability to even resist, yet, they were like helpless seal pups to the jaws of a polar beer.

Hazel cut in: Are they sending us North, Captain?

Ramses swallowed hard. He knew why she asked, and he knew that she would get her wish.... And so would he.
Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

Roger: I don't know. I believe so, but i can't say that. They just transferred some Special Operation units of 101st to the Interior, as well as some 82nd units. They transferred units everywhere. But, i guess, that if we survive, we're going to there. However, we need to fight.

Roger unlocks a big locker in front of them. There were six or eight combat armors, lots of Desert Eagle and 9mm pistols, some M16A2 rifles, and a lot of ammo.

Roger: This was the hideplace of a gang. However, police busted them some months ago. I found this place some minutes ago. And this will be helpful. We will need to get everyone to fight them.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Ramses grabbed a Desert Eagle. The .44 was not a weapon of finesse but it got the job done. And it did that job well. The combat armor and the rifle followed in suite.

Ramses looked to Maxson: I hope to see you again old friend. Hopefully this will end sooner and not drag on.

Of course, Ramses had no idea that his words would be in vain and that a unforeseen terror would engulf this world.

Hazel took the 9mm pistols and her assault rifle. :I can't wait to get my hands on a minigun. She was strong enough to weild one, and it was one of her favourite weapons. Of course, beggars can't be chosers.

Combat knives were taken. One went to the side the other hidden. Just in case. One nevere knew when they had to cut a throat.
Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

Maxson picks another assault rifle, a Desert Eagle, a combat armor, a knife and some ammo.

Roger: Surely. Now, i believe we can go.

Some other people appear. Mostly, ex(or current) gang members, armed.

Gangster: Why have you called us here, trooer?

Roger: Hadn't you seen the news? The chinese are invading! We need all help we can to resist. By the way, it wasn't me who called you. It was General Hawking. I would rather evac the city and let the chinese blow you up with their miniguns.

Gangster: Nah. No China guy is going to overpower the Rough-Necks! You can count with us, for THAT only, Army Men

All other gangs agreed on a temporary cease-fire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
While this, at the airport, things aren't that good.

Pyro and Aaron are called by troopers, together with many other volunteers.

Troopers: Pick this Rifle and wear this Combat armor. We need to give some time to them to retreat.

Some chinese airborne soldiers enter the airport, but are promptly killed by the US troopers there.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

After puting on the armor, Pyro looks hungriliy at the flamethrower.

Any chance I can get one of those? he says eagerly, pointing at the flame thrower. I can handle one of those pretty good.

Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

Trooper: I don't think so, at least for now. But if you can find one, you can have it. I don't think that any officer will annoy you because of it.

The trooper gives pyro a lighter and some fuel.
Bennor
Respected
Respected

Post by Bennor »

Sorry for the late reply, oh and where can i get backround info on my two compadres

Aaron grabs some armor, a rifle and a knife, he always carried a colt m1911a1 with him and an extra clip if that’s ok if not just give me the armor, rifle and knife. After putting the armor on, he gets his stuff ready for a quick draw, and gets behind some cover. ok I’m all set, oh and ah I’m back!

oh btw if I make any mistakes in format or anything sorry in advance it’s my first game of fallout pnp
"your mind is your greatest enemy, its always with you, it knows everything about you and everything your going to do before you do it"
Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

Pyro's bio is at the character board for this game, and Ramses one, you will need to ask for him.

Scene: Underground hideplace.

Everyone was there. Gangmembers, soldiers, volunteers, like 400 people.

Roger: This will be a hard mission. I will need some of you to volunteer for reaching Andrews AFB, to request reinforcements. The path might be full of chinese, making things harder. Any volunteers please come forward.

Everyone could feel a strong presence in Captain Maxson. Something that told them he was going to be very special.(No religious references here!). Many wanted to go, but the danger stopped them.

Roger: All others will help in the evacuation of civilian and building fortifying. We must try to resist for all the time we can.[/i]
Bennor
Respected
Respected

Post by Bennor »

Aaron says loudly I'll go, I know the way quite well. then quietly to him self he says I did move shipments in and out the Andrews all the time before the “incident� happened.
sorry but I have to ask this but isn’t Andrews AFB about 15km west of Washington DC
"your mind is your greatest enemy, its always with you, it knows everything about you and everything your going to do before you do it"
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

I'm confused about this. If we are suppose to go somewhere, we will be ordered, right? Or told that we volunteered, and were selected,right? So do we volunteer for assignments? That voluntary assignment may end to our premature death by nuclear blast. At times, this reads more like a story than a game, and I'm lost as to where we are to interact/roleplay.

Pyro, showing his disappointment, stows his gear.away and armors and arms himself. After hearing a call for volunteers, Pyro steps forward. I will go! I won't let you down, sir! Thinking to him self, if I prove myself worthy, maybe I'll get that flamethrower I want, or maybe find one. Pyro immediately cheers up, a little.

Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

I confused the base. Then get it to the base close to LA :D

You were asked to volunteer because the mission was potentially dangerous. Too dangerous to afford them having unwillingful people there.
Slawter Thren
Regular
Regular

Post by Slawter Thren »

danferry wrote:I'm confused about this. If we are suppose to go somewhere, we will be ordered, right? Or told that we volunteered, and were selected,right? So do we volunteer for assignments? That voluntary assignment may end to our premature death by nuclear blast. At times, this reads more like a story than a game, and I'm lost as to where we are to interact/roleplay.
Sorry. I will give more time to interact. But this assignment isn't going to end with your premature deaths...at least not if you do things rightly :D

Roger: Thanks to you for volunteering. Any other volunteers?

Hazel seems to hesitate a bit, but goes forward.

Hazel: I am going, Captain.
Bennor
Respected
Respected

Post by Bennor »

All of a sudden Aaron yells All I want to know is how the hell did the Chinese advance this far south, this quickly without anybody noticing, and what about San Fran and Seattle?! and pauses for a reply then says I suggest that if possible we take vehicular transport and if so I drive
Our Host!