Extracted sounds are all chipmunky...

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
CraziRusski
SDF!
SDF!

Extracted sounds are all chipmunky...

Post by CraziRusski »

I've searched the forums here, and somehow can't seem to find a solution to my problem, which is:

When I extract an ACM file from the master.dat file (Fallout 1), and then convert it to WAV and play it, it sounds really high-pitched. Voices, for example, are all chipmunky. I'm not sure if they're actually FASTER than normal, but it's either that or the pitch is just higher.

In any case, how do I fix this? Many others have been able to extract sounds and end up with copies that sound just like the in-game ones, so obviously there must be a known solution that I can't seem to find.
It's 'cause I'm Russian...
ABel
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by ABel »

You need to convert these ACMs into mono WAVs. Just add -m option after a filename:
acm2wav.exe sound.acm -m
CraziRusski
SDF!
SDF!

Post by CraziRusski »

Sweet, thanks a lot! But, do you (or anyone else) know of any easy way to convert multiple ACMs to WAVs this way? I know I can put them all into a .bat, but I was hoping that there might be an easier, faster way. For example, is there any way to make ACM Converter create mono WAVs?
It's 'cause I'm Russian...
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

or you could just open it with sound recorder and slow it down by 100%.
ABel
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by ABel »

The easiest way is to execute a command like
for %%i in (*.acm) do acm2wav.exe %%i -m
in the directory with your sound files.
Our Host!