Enclave Campaign

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected
Location: In front of his comp or sitting around a table drinking coke

Enclave Campaign

Post by PIPsqueak »

You stride down the polished corridor, enjoying the clacks of your armored heels on the cold metal floor. It is morning in the underwater city of Hydropolis, and you are up early to get first in line at the cadet's mess for breakfast. You are greeted with cheerful hellos from others going about their business. You all feel rested, relaxed, and ready for whatever life hands you. As you enter the mess you all sit down for a hearty, if disgusting, meal of bacon and egg substitute. It looks like a fine day ahead.

Suddenly the PA hisses to life. Privates Pollard, Hedges, James, Johanneson, and Marlk report immediately to Major Farrel’s office for briefing.

The mess hall becomes deathly silent and all eyes are turned to you. Sheepishly you all shovel your food into the trash and move to comply with the order. Major Farrel is not one to disobey.

It looks like your first mission.

Put out of character things in bold, please. If you want to do something behind the other PC's backs then PM me. Let's game.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of insanity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

I assume we aren't all sitting at the same table

Atticus looks around for the others, making eye contact with each of them, then shrugs. He exits the mess hall, heading down the hall leading to Major Farrel's office.

If you looked at Atticus you would see a white male of average height, on the lean side, but with a little muscle on him. He has very short, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and an intentional five'o'clock shadow. His face is just slightly thin and he has a strong chin.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

The portly James Lewiston sits down at the table with the silver tray carrying his 'meal' just as the announcement plays. Damn it! says James, obviously very angry. Maybe I'll get a chance to eat this later? Damn damn damn! Ah well, chaps, shall we cruise over to Farrel's office? He stands up, completely oblivious to the silence and people staring at him and starts to head to the office.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Nobody seems to take notice of Christian, who sits alone at the end of a table, quickly taking some more bites from his meal. He doesn' t seem to be in a hurry when he walks over to the trashcan to clean his plate.

Neither does he search for eyecontact with the others and he is as silent as always. In fact, you don' t recall him having said a single word the past few days. That is if you even noticed him around, always staying in the background.

A lean figure dissapears into the corridor.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Jacob, excited to finally go to work starts to dash off to Major Farrel’s office, then remembers to put his plates away. All of his food had been eaten, as he was one of the early arrivals. He hurrily puts the dishes and tray away and briskly walks off to Major Farrel’s office. Confident that he will prove his worth to his fellow cadets.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected

Post by PIPsqueak »

After a short walk with many strange looks you come to the long dark hallway that was previously forbidden to you; the CO's offices. The metal door before you reads in faint lettering Major Jack Farrel. You tap the open button and the heavy door rises with a hiss. Standing across the room back turned is Jack Farrel, a middle-aged man with prematurely grey hair. He wears brightly polished Power Armour which contrasts with his dull head. Without turning, he says, Good morning boys. I hope you slept well. You’re heading out soon, your first assignment I believe. Without waiting for a reply, Major Farrel turns around and looks you each in the eye. They must have a lot of faith in you kids. This assignment isn’t for children. But orders is orders, as they say. There’s a holodisk on the table, he gestures at it, containing your brief. After you have read it, proceed to the Quartermaster where Lieutenant Oleander will outfit you with whatever gear you’ll need. Afterwards, say your goodbyes; you may not get another chance. Know that if you are captured or killed the Enclave of the United States of America will erase all traces of you from the Wastes. If you should reveal any secret of the Enclave, you will be hunted down by our best assassins and punished accordingly. Do you understand soldiers?? Your response is automatic: SIR YES SIR!
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of insanity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Atticus reaches to the table and picks up the holodisk. He then activates it and reads over its contents.
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected

Post by PIPsqueak »

File: Brief for Operatives
Security Status: orange
Date of Modification: Jun 18 2243

Several weeks ago, a Vertibird was shot down over the Wastes near the settlement of Klamath. We have reason to believe that the Vertibird also rests nearby a settlement of Tribals. Undoubtedly these people will make for the crashed aircraft, hoping to salvage materials from it. You are to find the Vertibird before the Tribals and Klamath-men do, and destroy it beyond hopes of salvaging anything useful from it. Kill anyone who gets in your way.

You will each be issued:
-1 sidearm (Standard Issue Colt .45 M1911A1 Pistol with Silencer)
-1 personal weapon (Standard Issue Combat Knife)
-14 rounds of .45 caliber Jacketed Hollow Point ammunition (2 clips)
-1 week's worth iron rations
-1 Fragmentation Grenade
-1 pair Enclave Issue binoculars
-1 Enclave Issue first aid kit
-1 Enclave Issue flask
-3 Enclave Issue flares
-14 days iron rations
-3 Stimpacks
-2 units of After Burner Gum
-3 units of Rad-X
-1 unit of Rad-Away
-1 suit of armor (Standard Issue Enclave Leather Armor)
-1 unit of Plastic Explosives, to the leader of the squad only

You will be issued additional equipment at the discretion of the Quartermaster.

Know that if you are captured or killed, the Enclave of the United States of America will erase all traces of you from the Wastes. If you should reveal any secret of the Enclave, you will be hunted down by our best assassins and punished accordingly.

Good luck, soldiers.

God bless you, and God bless America!
Major Farrel nods at you. I suggest you get moving, soldiers.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Atticus places the holodisk back on the desk. He salutes the Major, saying, "Sir, yes Sir!" then turns on his heel and exits the room, heading for the Quartermaster.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Jacob, holding his head high, follows Atticus. He feels excitement about his first mission. Rubbing his hands together he mutters, Finally, now they can see what I am made of, promotion here I come!

Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Atticus smiles upon hearing Jacob's comment from behind him.
Magik Hobo 4444
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Magik Hobo 4444 »

Sorry ive been gone, but im back
Jimmy, follows shortly there after, mumbling to himself, ohhh, this is big, this is really big.... dont blow it.... while nervously wetting his lips and drumming his fingers on his sides
Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected

Post by PIPsqueak »

I'll assume that you will all leave.
You exit the CO's hallway feeling important and nervous. Several twists, turns and elevator rides later you arrive at the chrome door of the Quartermaster.
"Leutenant Jebeidah Oleander
Quartermaster"

You push the open button and the door hisses upwards to reveal Oleander, a fat jovial man, with his feet up on a desk beside a computer reading a magazine. He is the favorite officer of all cadets -he doesn't treat them like shoe scum- and there is no exeption for you.
Seeing you, he sits up in his swivel-chair and folds up his magazine. Well, boyos, good to see ya. Was that your names I heard on the PA just now? They'll send anybody on missions these days. He chuckles. What can I do ya for?
Last edited by PIPsqueak on Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

We're here to pick up our gear. You wouldn't happen to know what we're cleared for, would you?

Atticus clasps his hands behind his head letting his elbows stick out at his sides.
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected

Post by PIPsqueak »

Actually, I *do* know... let's see... Oleander taps some keys and stares at his screen. "Ace" Pollard... trained in weaponry and combat vehicle maintenance... Oleander taps some more keys. You're cleared for the gear listed in your brief, plus a primary weapon and a repair kit. Oleander waddles into a back room and after some rustling noises returns with a heavy-looking red box. What sort of weapon would you like? I can authorize a single shotgun, SMG or rifle.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

descisions, descisions

Atticus scratches his chin and ponders for a moment.

Hmm, you'd better hook me up with an SMG, Chief
PIPsqueak
Respected
Respected

Post by PIPsqueak »

Excellent choice. Oleander walks back into the room and returns with and H&K MP-5 and two clips cradles in his arms. He plops the clips onto the counter and cocks the SMG. Fully loaded, of course. 30-round magazine, 60 extra bullets in two clips. Hope she serves you well. Oleander dumps the red-boxed tool kit, the SMG and ammo into Atticus' arms.
Now, he says, turning to Jimmy. What can I get you?
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Atticus nods to Oleander and takes a step backwards, trying to get all his gear situated properly.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Hello Oleander, says James, I'm up bright and early this morning... anyhow, can you fit me with, lets see, a long range rifle, some tools, and possibly some explosive devices? James gives Oleander a wink.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

When Oleander turns to Jacob, Jacob says, I guess I'll take an SMG too. You got a set of lockpicks floatin' around for me?

Our Host!